• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Lliu31

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/2/17
NYC
efthimis looks like perfection! I can see the difference with the crystal, but is a gen eta2824 worth it? The Asian clone has been pretty reliable for me. Plus 10 secs a week.

minwas

Renowned Member
9/3/17
UAE/EU
Here's my ARF, genuine brand new regulated ETA 2824-2, gen crystal and TC DW.. I am very happy with it, I got a gen in between but it's really an excellent every day watch.. Swiss gen ETA runs consistently +0,5sec/day (!!!), very happy with it

a40887b5fc8957bc979b3c9c9f321ab8.jpg

Who’s your watch smith?

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
efthimis looks like perfection! I can see the difference with the crystal, but is a gen eta2824 worth it? The Asian clone has been pretty reliable for me. Plus 10 secs a week.
Well for me it does but that's just me, I have been living with gens too long now and I don't like surprises from the Chinese standards. I was thinking of keeping it when I thought of modding but then I got my genuine SubC LN....

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Here's my ARF, genuine brand new regulated ETA 2824-2, gen crystal and TC DW.. I am very happy with it, I got a gen in between but it's really an excellent every day watch.. Swiss gen ETA runs consistently +0,5sec/day (!!!), very happy with it

You really got lucky with the insert alignment. I'm gathering a gen DW and crystal and will do the same as yours. Why not a 2836 for the instant date change if I may ask? Also did Johnny do a brushed as per gen of the strap/case/scallops? Enjoy the beauty mate

Reactions: efthimis

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18

Would you send me a pm where to get the TC Datewheel? Cannot find it anywhere.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
TC is out of business
Your only way to find parts is from m2m sales

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
You really got lucky with the insert alignment. I'm gathering a gen DW and crystal and will do the same as yours. Why not a 2836 for the instant date change if I may ask? Also did Johnny do a brushed as per gen of the strap/case/scallops? Enjoy the beauty mate

Thank you very much! No he did not do anything else, I had purchased the genuine SubC in the meantime so I didn't want plus I believe it is good anyway as it is already

Reactions: freediver and Tobel

welovegeek

Horology Curious
21/11/18
Sorry guys, I was having some work stuff over last week and didn't have time for the update and willing try to upload some better wrist shots over the weekends.

Here are my observations:

Pros:
1. Lug gap is close to none
2. Date font is aligned perfectly to the center
3. It is seemingly run smooth with not much of slowing/ fast of time
4. The diver numeral markers look sharp and fonts on the dial looks great too
5. Rehaut looks perfectly aligned compared with real person and what my TD showed during QC due to angle issue of the pic I guess
6. The stainless steel looks sharp and crisp and a bit of white-ness to it

Cons:
1. Date changing:

Here are 3 parts; 1. Is changing minutes during 9pm to 3 am which my quick-date changing mechanism will miss afterwards ; 2. When I tried to pull back the 2nd position into 0 position (screwing back the crown), the date will suddenly jumped into half of the date; 3. After I change the date, it seems that the next date-changing mechanisms will miss as well ( could be due to changing of date between 9 pm to 3 am) (dangerous zone, I know)

2. Clasp

With closer look, the shape of the 1st locking of clasp and the 2nd safety fold is different which doesn't have the "straight line effect"

3. Shininess of the edge of the bezel

From the previous Gen sub I owned, the edge looks a lot more shiny from the smoothing/ brushing part of the edges whereas this model feels like it could loss the shininess from some angles.

4. Lume
It is super minor but seems the lume is just ever so slightly not painted evenly on the dial but during night time, the lume works just fine, maybe just a bit quicker to loss the brightness than the gen's lume.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix/ knowing of the issue with the datewheel issue? I'm also curious on how long will this movement lasts if without servicing (as servicing a rep might be difficult in my country). Also, weighting the pros and cons for servicing it if needed in the future.

5. Quality of the clasp

From my Gen, the first day of wearing it, the sharpness from the clasp (the 2 lines) is too sharp that it just cuts through my thumb from the first time of wearing it. While for the rep, it looks ok but some angles, it just looks the clasp isn't cut with perfect angle.

The glidelock works just fine but somewhat a bit too easy to manipulate. Comparing my Gen, the glidelock is somewhat stiff and difficult to adjust same goes with the Gen bezel which is much harder to turn in the beginning and gets looser and looser.

I put this as #5 coz that's just my personal experience comparing to the Gen I got. It's about the overall feeling to it rather than the clasp part or overall built quality of this watch.

TBH, this watch has exceeded my expectations and it is really worth the money for it. The main downfall that I wish they had done better is the movement or the jumpiness of the date function or if the movement is actually proved to be working fine under some harsh conditions that I don't need to baby it. The feelings I have now is the watch can be more fragile than my other watches in terms of keeping time or protecting the durability of the movement. I could be picky but this is generally how I felt only if the one issue can be solved. I'm not ready for frankening the watch/ going to watchmaker for repair (as reason above) but only time will tell if this movement/ watch can Outlast my expected timeframe.

Enjoy your weekend guys and more wrist shot to come!

12f6edee1d911e044a59b5d96d51c125.jpg
89f68dc0f3b2083a6bb401c0722d422a.jpg

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

welovegeek

Horology Curious
21/11/18
First of all, very nice review, thanks.

May I ask what is your expected timeframe for the movement?
Thanks man. I'm thinking of 3 to 5 years before the movement dies or starting with loosing more time per day.

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: watchboi

mayhemag

I'm Pretty Popular
29/6/17
I'm really confused about this code. I don't find even a photo of gen with this code..... what is the real clasp code of 116610ln?