• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
I ordered an ARF2824 and want to change the movement to an original Swiss movement. If I will pay 200€ for a service, I could better 250€ for a genuine 2824. What do you think? And does the datewheel of the arf2824 fit to the genuine one?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It should fit yes because its a clone of the gen one normally it should fit.

But why buying a gen one? My clone movement runs 0.1 seconds a day its one of the best movements ive ever had.

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
It should fit yes because its a clone of the gen one normally it should fit.

But why buying a gen one? My clone movement runs 0.1 seconds a day its one of the best movements ive ever had.

I think a clone movement should be serviced asap after receiving? And the service is nearly as expensive as a genuine 2824. That was my thought.

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
One of the german watch smith featured in this forum said it should be serviced and waterproof should be tested.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
but then a new eta 2824 + service would add to the cost
do not forget there are 3 tiers of 2824 with the elabore being the most expensive

AusRepcollector

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/18
Correct, gen or Swiss made gasket may not fit properly as you may need to shave down like the noob. This will compromise your water resistance as I find most leaks are from the crystal gasket when swapped. It also means jump in the pool and your watch will possibly go boom.

Dwo own is probably your best solution to fixing the date issue on the ARF, simply turn it into a 114060 no date, or simply live with it that way.

So with gaskets rather than that stuff around trying to modify the gen gasket, as I mention and was quoted in that other thread, would it not be better to maintain the ARF gasket which should still be in brand new condition in a new watch?

I'll see how go the DWO turns out, then go from there. I wouldn't have really worry that much about it until I saw so many people hitting on the look of it in the ARF.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So with gaskets rather than that stuff around trying to modify the gen gasket, as I mention and was quoted in that other thread, would it not be better to maintain the ARF gasket which should still be in brand new condition in a new watch?

I'll see how go the DWO turns out, then go from there. I wouldn't have really worry that much about it until I saw so many people hitting on the look of it in the ARF.

Yes, it is best to keep the ARF gasket, then pressure test it to make sure it passes. Good luck with your build

Reactions: AusRepcollector

fraswa

7/5/17
It depends on whether or not your tube is properly installed. Most of the instances of this happening with ARF cases are due to the case not being countersunk when it was drilled. The part of the tube body at arrow #2 in the pic then cannot be screwed into the case deeply enough and they just let it protrude. Pull your stem out and take a clear closeup pic of where the tube enters the body. Post it here and we can tell you. If you can see the part of the tube next to arrow #2 exposed outside your case, it's not simply a stem problem.

15432947128110.jpg

KJ2020 mine is exactly like that, arrow number 2 part sticks out of the case. Can I do something about it? should I try to shave 2 and 3 to make it fit flush? I don't care about water resistance so i will likely remove the gaskets to make it fit...right?
thanks for any help!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 mine is exactly like that, arrow number 2 part sticks out of the case. Can I do something about it? should I try to shave 2 and 3 to make it fit flush? I don't care about water resistance so i will likely remove the gaskets to make it fit...right?
thanks for any help!

The right solution is to remove the tube, redrill and tap the case and install a new tube properly countersunk.

The poor man's DIY fix is detailed here.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...8907-arf-submariner-today-but-something-wrong

Last edited:

fraswa

7/5/17
thanks KJ2020 it was easier than I tought, it was the stem too long, i shaved and now the crown sits almost flush

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Here's my ARF, genuine brand new regulated ETA 2824-2, gen crystal and TC DW.. I am very happy with it, I got a gen in between but it's really an excellent every day watch.. Swiss gen ETA runs consistently +0,5sec/day (!!!), very happy with it

a40887b5fc8957bc979b3c9c9f321ab8.jpg