• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
91142d440b9c52f360770697f1703a0b.jpg

Rolex need to ditch ceramic and replace with Adamantium, what good is scratch proof if the bloody things snap???

Back to the drawing board with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it may snap but it’s not intended to flip so often between watches and out of Rolex service... only a guess of course

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Yes it may snap but it’s not intended to flip so often between watches and out of Rolex service... only a guess of course

True, I also think the rep ones are maybe slightly more fragile than OEM Rolex. Especially ARF, I’ve seen a fair few cracked even straight from the TD’s.

Reactions: efthimis

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Really? For how long though? I have read that the lume is bad and I can confirm, nothing like gen or Noob

Its not like gen but holds for 30 minutes and shines very bright i did post a lume picture i think on page 272? (i hope so lol).

91142d440b9c52f360770697f1703a0b.jpg

Rolex need to ditch ceramic and replace with Adamantium, what good is scratch proof if the bloody things snap???

Back to the drawing board with this one.

Is that the stock insert? Or did you mod it? Looks kinda strange that it broke on that position.

Reactions: efthimis

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Its not like gen but holds for 30 minutes and shines very bright i did post a lume picture i think on page 272? (i hope so lol).

Is that the stock insert? Or did you mod it? Looks kinda strange that it broke on that position.

Its a stock Insert but not the original, the original one had an off centre pearl that bugged me so I sourced a better one. In the process of trying to get another, it's actually pretty hadd to see with the naked eye but I'm a bit OCD with watches and now I know it's there I won't wear it.

just glad it was a rep and not gen Insert.

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
How much are the ARF inserts?

that AR cyclops look great though

kyle4311

Horology Curious
26/11/18
Nice review my friend. The protruding crown issue is an easy fix, you just snip the stem off an amount equal to the distance it protrudes.

There is a video here:

https://blog.esslinger.com/how-to-remove-a-stem-screw-type-stem-removal/

Just curious about this comment regarding the ARF protruding crown. Mine has this issue in the 116610 A2824. Previously it was stated that crown tube needs to be shaved down. Here stating just the stem needs a snip. Has anyone confirmed this 100% one way or the other? Will a simple stem trim do the trick? Has anyone removed the stem and tried to screw down the crown without it?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just curious about this comment regarding the ARF protruding crown. Mine has this issue in the 116610 A2824. Previously it was stated that crown tube needs to be shaved down. Here stating just the stem needs a snip. Has anyone confirmed this 100% one way or the other? Will a simple stem trim do the trick? Has anyone removed the stem and tried to screw down the crown without it?

It depends on whether or not your tube is properly installed. Most of the instances of this happening with ARF cases are due to the case not being countersunk when it was drilled. The part of the tube body at arrow #2 in the pic then cannot be screwed into the case deeply enough and they just let it protrude. Pull your stem out and take a clear closeup pic of where the tube enters the body. Post it here and we can tell you. If you can see the part of the tube next to arrow #2 exposed outside your case, it's not simply a stem problem.

15432947128110.jpg

Reactions: bdick21

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Does look a bit wonky. The one i have now and the one before has a slightly wonky cyclops, seems quite common.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
accept it the aligment is pretty perfect. cylcops can be fixxed.

Edit: Thats the 3135 version or? let them make a picture of the number 28.

Reactions: stufuse

Jaylo

Horology Curious
20/11/18
This is suppose to be the 2824 version.

Good idea I’ll ask if I can see a photo of the 28 date position.

sorry for the newbie question but how do you fix a wonky cyclops issue later down the track?

thanks again for your help guys