• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
At the end there is no visual difference between the normal steel and the 904L steel. Yes ofcourse brushing could be different but yeah :D

Reactions: bieber101

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
At the end there is no visual difference between the normal steel and the 904L steel. Yes ofcourse brushing could be different but yeah :D

Quoting the 904L steel comparison guide here:

"The real colour of a SS (important characteristic in the case of the replicas) depends mainly on the contents of Ni and Cr (due to their high percentage) and on less proportion on other elements such as Mo and Cu.
Nickel is more “yellowish” than Iron, but Chromium are more “white” and shiny.
The higher Ni content, the more “yellowish” will be the SS. This yellowish colour is partly compensated for the “white” and more shiny character of the Cr contained in the SS.

From objective laboratory tests the SS 904L is a little bit more “yellowish” than the two SS 316. That is due to its higher content of Ni. Although, it retains a very shiny character due to its high content of Cr."

What it's funny is that here i've read a lot of members saying that 904L steel is whiter compared to 316L. When brushed there is maybe 1-2% difference only under certain lights. When polished the difference is none. Actually when polished I couldn't even tell the difference between steel or silver.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
That guide is years old and now obsolete. Because a few years back there were no 904L replicas, the difference is really the brushing, the gen brushing is way more better than the rep brushing. If somebody could replicate that 1:1 it would be like the same color i guess.

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
Holy shit no kidding... :/ ^ you just know this is going to be abused... that aside, nice collection!! Every time I stumble onto an ARF sub thread I get tempted to shell out for one ☝️

I've already seen it get abused. Someone on the Facebook marketplace was trying to sell an ARF SD43 as gen with one of those cards and he was arguing, that its a very special one and only one of its kind as there aren't any names engraved on that... So it apparently adds to the value...

hor3pob

31/7/17
Got my QC but I think I have a few "problems" or atleast little Issue I'm not really sure about and I would like to hear an opinion about.
the laser "edged" crown [sorry not sure how it's writen or called] seems to be a bit off to the left ?
date is not completly centered but seems to be fine ?
sels are not on peak but quite OK i Guess.
the bezel engravings seem to be quite close to the edge if you know what I mean. Is that usual or do I exaggerate.
If someone sees something else I would really appreciate their help since I also trying to do my best by helping others :) .

9JMjb.jpg

9I5dQ.jpg

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
tbh this isnt the best ive seen, too many faults, just doesmt look right to me. as we all know this could be the pictures/lighting ect ect

hor3pob

31/7/17
tbh this isnt the best ive seen, too many faults, just doesmt look right to me. as we all know this could be the pictures/lighting ect ect

Thank you for you opnion but could you maybe be a bit more precise it would really help me :(

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
Thank you for you opnion but could you maybe be a bit more precise it would really help me :(

my opinion..just mine.. sel isnt the best. date looks too much too one side..lec, bezel not the best.. but not too bad.. enjoy it

Reactions: hor3pob

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Got my QC but I think I have a few "problems" or atleast little Issue I'm not really sure about and I would like to hear an opinion about.
the laser "edged" crown [sorry not sure how it's writen or called] seems to be a bit off to the left ?
the bezel engravings seem to be quite close to the edge if you know what I mean. Is that usual or do I exaggerate.
If someone sees something else I would really appreciate their help since I also trying to do my best by helping others :) .

9JMjb.jpg

9I5dQ.jpg

I'd say the rehaut engraving is spot on with the min. markers that's a +!! Been seeing a lot of these that don't like up.. (big deal for me)

SEL'S peaking close to flush with case..

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18

Stand back 25 feet from your close ups and determine if the "flaws' are all that obvious. Extreme close ups will reveal a plethora of flaws. EVEN on the GEN.

Reactions: Drifter

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
the problem is if the ceramic triangle is broken the risk of breaking the whole insert is extremly high.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So I got my ARF 2824 today. I swap my order from 3135 to 2824 because of occb2s review. Here’s a picture...along with my noob V9 hulk...then having a gen 114060 dial around...I fixed my datewheel issue. SELs were pretty good...then I put the watch on an oysterflex....it will be my beater/beach watch. I do like the ARF but like the noob..it has its flaws. Very nice out of the box watch.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
So I got my ARF 2824 today. I swap my order from 3135 to 2824 because of occb2s review. Here’s a picture...along with my noob V9 hulk...then having a gen 114060 dial around...I fixed my datewheel issue. SELs were pretty good...then I put the watch on an oysterflex....it will be my beater/beach watch. I do like the ARF but like the noob..it has its flaws. Very nice out of the box watch.

Very clever with the 114060 dial, but I would have went with a JF 114060 with the SH3130 personally. To each his own I guess!

Great combo though having Hulk date and LN no date:drinks_cheers:

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Short review:

Positive:
- amazing dial! It wipes the Noob V7 i had completly away.
- amazing hands (they look like gen its just amazing how close they are).
- build Quality.
- SEL are ok
- ceramic Insert cutouts are the best ive ever seen in my life and ive seen a lot of them.
- sync hands.
- brushing is extremly close to gen.

Cons:
- SEL are not 100 % like gen but WAY above Noob V7 and others (in comes extremly close to the the V6S first batch which was fantastic).
- 6 and 9 marker are still not rounded enough
- ceramic insert is a little to whité (but its ok and comes extremly close)
- slightly misaligned cyclops on mine (but its so slightly its hard to even see)
- bracelett fells like cheap crap sorry but its the truth its extremly light and nothing like gen BUT the brushing looks extremly good.
- black hole effect are only visible under electronic light on daylight it looks shitty like all of the other rep crystals, nothing compared to gen.
- the cut outs are a little to deep AND catches dust and shit very quickly
- Datewheel sits a little higher on mine but not really a flaw on the wrist.

Some Notes:
The ARF is freaking amazing, The dial looks like Gen (never seen such a good dial), the hands are even better. The SELs are OK but not 100 % like gen same with the case but on the wrist it comes freakin close. I have a like 30 watches (20 or something replicas) the ARF blows them all away lol its just ridiclious how good the submariner looks.

Ofcourse they are flaws and the indices looks not really close to gen BUT the hands and the printing BLOWS everything ive ever seen on a submariner rep.

Misaligned Cyclops? Not really an issue on the wrist (its so little)
Misaligned Ceramic bezel? Its so minimal you dont spot it (and i have good eyes).

Conclusion:
Buy it! I mean iam a person who is really poiting out flaws and stuff (yes i know iam sometimes a little bit picky) BUT guys this rep even stunned me lol it looks freaking amazing. Every thing i can say dont be to picky! Because the most "flaws" are just a joke you dont see it on the wrist. Iam really surprised on the ARF here ofcourse the insert is a little to white but it has this "gen" platin effect which ive never saw on any noob + the hands have an incredible 3D effect which i only saw on gens. The packing was perfect too! And the brushing looks really good almost gen like.

Pics are coming tomorrow because iam at work but all i can say is what my colleague did say "Since when is Rolex sending watches through mail? Its an expensive watch! How can they do it!" and yes even after i told him its a replica he could not believe it. One note to the black hole effect, sorry guys but it does look cool on electronic light yes BUT on real life light aka sunlight the reflections are way to much and it looks like a normal rep crystal NOTHING like gen sorry but thats the truth.

:)So a little review from me. Maybe i make a ARF vs Regmariner Noob V1 comparison if i have time at the weekend oh btw. dont make a big deal out of the cutouts because they will catch dust and shit so quickly its like on gen lol :D Is it worht 478 dollars? Yes completly! I now can understand why its 100 usd more than the older ones. The whole build quality is amazing in my eyes and blows away my Hublot Steel Ceramic V6.5 and my AP 15400 JF V2 which were extremly good too but this rep is beyond everything i saw until now it comes so freaking close unbelievable.

Last edited: