• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
So I messed up and I'm hoping one of you can help.

Received my ARF sub and the bezel was misaligned. I thought, simple enough fix, I've done this on plenty of watches before. So I pop the bezel off and the watch jerks way more than expected. Anyways this was the result:

0l8bs0d.jpg

Did I completely brick this thing or is there anything I can do to salvage it?

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
The bezel wont re attach to the watch, I believe whatever was holding it on broke off. I should have looked at how this bezel was put together, I assumed it was similar to the gen design.

Debating whether or not its worth maybe buying a Noob V9 and missing the best parts of each, buying another case from puretime if they can do so, or just using contact cement to glue the damn thing back on.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18

try to take a small flat tool and get your retaining ring off of there. Once off press this back on correctly. It will make a difference on how it is seated so make sure it’s seated the correct way or your bezel will have a gap.

Heres the rest

https://rwg.cc/topic/170313-gen-subc-bezelinsert-installation-question/

You are 100% correct, I figured this out right before using Epoxy to just glue to the damn thing back on. Life lesson I guess. There are many things I'm good at, watch repair being far far from any of them.

You can see in the picture that the retaining ring is on the watch itself.

Thank you so much for your help.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
You are 100% correct, I figured this out right before using Epoxy to just glue to the damn thing back on. Life lesson I guess. There are many things I'm good at, watch repair being far far from any of them.

You can see in the picture that the retaining ring is on the watch itself.

Thank you so much for your help.

No problem bud..glad I can help

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
Glad I got the 2824. A real shame - ARF was on a roll.

Same here. I prefer the tried and true A2824. Then again I have no need for a copy of the Gen movement. No one is opening my watch. I try to stay clear of A7750s and 3135 Rolex clone movements.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
btw

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/ro...y-3265914.html

looks like gens have issues too with bezel alignment

"Well, that is surprising. I've owned two that were misaligned. One which I had an RSC fix. I've also come across, misaligned hands, poorly centered cyclops mags and of course, the under magnified ones."

Maybe the out of sync issues with the ARF versions are not a ARF problem lol maybe the sample watch has out of sync hands.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
btw

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/ro...y-3265914.html

looks like gens have issues too with bezel alignment

"Well, that is surprising. I've owned two that were misaligned. One which I had an RSC fix. I've also come across, misaligned hands, poorly centered cyclops mags and of course, the under magnified ones."

Maybe the out of sync issues with the ARF versions are not a ARF problem lol maybe the sample watch has out of sync hands.

Gens have more issues than you can imagine. Not a big deal to many, but if you look at your Gen Rolex with a loupe prepare to see some disappointing things.

Reactions: JDM180

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Maybe i should get a 2824 version :D

You should lol... if you need something to hold you over until they fix the 3135. Luckily ARF does small improvements with each batch, the original ARF 2824 was not too great, but it got better and look where it is now.

Leeq420

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/18
Since my datewheel is messed up at some numbers im thinking of a Gen DW. Will it fit the 2824 version ? I have heared some people say it works & some say it does not work well...

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Since my datewheel is messed up at some numbers im thinking of a Gen DW. Will it fit the 2824 version ? I have heared some people say it works & some say it does not work well...

if u read the thread it has been answered more than 3 times

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
So I keep reading that the lugs and crown guard aren't accurate to the gen model. Since I'm an idiot and scratched the lugs pretty bad on my new watch, I figured I'd send it to a vendor on here for a re brushing and possible modding. Do you know if it is possible to re shape the watch to look closer to the gen?