• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
SubVette looks brilliant , Id encourage you consider swapping the date wheel with TC Dwo or gen .

I agree but there are no watchsmiths here that work on replicas. I sent another Rolex Coke GMT to Vaclume in May for service and repair of the bezel (didn't turn) and still have not received it. I don't want to send another. I am ok with the date wheel. It's so small on the wrist. At least it's not the thick numbered date wheel I have been seeing in this thread. Strodda does servicing too but you don't send the watch until he is ready to work on it which is better than being without for 3+ months.

Waaatches

22/5/17
London UK
Just collected my ARF from my local DHL depot. At first glance, lovely watch, feels like good quality, bracelet feels a little light but good in general. CG doesnt screw in fully but i believe that issue is with all ARF Subs. Bezel not aligned, a known issue with ARF. Date window too big, dont bug me as I will buy and install a gen datewheel. All in all, this is the best sub rep I have owned. I also had a gen and this looks very close. So my input, if anyone is contenplating on ARF or Noob V9, go for the ARF unless you are looking to franken! I see a few people mentioned on here to dip the bracelet in oil, I dont understand that. Can someone be kind enough and give an idea on how to do this?

here are some pics. I will post more tomorrow.

https://picr.me/image/JcEF2
https://picr.me/image/JcpJd
https://picr.me/image/JcbtZ
https://picr.me/image/Jc12R
https://picr.me/image/JcQug
https://picr.me/image/JcUFa

putte

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/17
i ordered mine also from him he is very good.
he was always answering my emails fast and i declined 2 watches before he managed to get me a good one. he really tried and was patient with me.
i will buy my next one from him also

May I ask what was wrong with the 2 first watches?

I am still learning to see the small details between gen and replica and what to look for :) just picked up this fantastic hobby. Been a member for some years now, but a frequent user just lately. I will soon by my first rep. Stands between Arf Sea Dweller and arf Submariner. A god start I think.

Keniath

16/9/16
Upper Austria, Linz
May I ask what was wrong with the 2 first watches?

I am still learning to see the small details between gen and replica and what to look for :) just picked up this fantastic hobby. Been a member for some years now, but a frequent user just lately. I will soon by my first rep. Stands between Arf Sea Dweller and arf Submariner. A god start I think.

cracked bezel insert and badly missaligned bezel numbers. its a common problem with the ARF subs.
The one i accepted had a perfect bezel insert but the datewheel numbers where sitting a bit low. not that bad that i couldnt accept it though

yes both watches are excellent choices for your first rep. a good start for sure

Last edited:

putte

17/1/17
cracked bezel insert and badly missaligned bezel numbers. its a common problem with the ARF subs.
The one i accepted had a perfect bezel insert but the datewheel numbers where sitting a bit low. not that bad that i couldnt accept it though

yes both watches are excellent choices for your first rep. a good start for sure

Good to know. Is it only the sub that have the problems or does the dweller have the same?
I think I am going to take the sea dweller. Have a small crush on that haha

Whas it the first time you bought a watch from Super?
Since I have lack of knowledge I am worried that I am going to accept a bad watch. Can I trust he’s judgement?

Keniath

16/9/16
Upper Austria, Linz
Good to know. Is it only the sub that have the problems or does the dweller have the same?
I think I am going to take the sea dweller. Have a small crush on that haha

Whas it the first time you bought a watch from Super?
Since I have lack of knowledge I am worried that I am going to accept a bad watch. Can I trust he’s judgement?

I dont know about the Sea Dweller. But its a know mistake that should have been fixed with the new batches.
It was the first time yes i have used other TDs in the past. But im very happy and will be ordering more watches from him.
I wouldnt trust the judgement of any TD though. Thats why they sent you QC pictures anyway, so you can have a look and accept or decline.

putte

17/1/17
I dont know about the Sea Dweller. But its a know mistake that should have been fixed with the new batches.
It was the first time yes i have used other TDs in the past. But im very happy and will be ordering more watches from him.
I wouldnt trust the judgement of any TD though. Thats why they sent you QC pictures anyway, so you can have a look and accept or decline.

There are so many TD that it is hard to decide.
Thanks for your time. I will search the Rwi for more information on the Arf Dweller and how to easy find mistakes on the replica.
How many days do I have to accept or decline the Qc pics?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Just collected my ARF from my local DHL depot. At first glance, lovely watch, feels like good quality, bracelet feels a little light but good in general. CG doesnt screw in fully but i believe that issue is with all ARF Subs. Bezel not aligned, a known issue with ARF. Date window too big, dont bug me as I will buy and install a gen datewheel. All in all, this is the best sub rep I have owned. I also had a gen and this looks very close. So my input, if anyone is contenplating on ARF or Noob V9, go for the ARF unless you are looking to franken! I see a few people mentioned on here to dip the bracelet in oil, I dont understand that. Can someone be kind enough and give an idea on how to do this?]

Oil bath for a bracelet was more common on the older 5 digit models / earlier 6 digit when they were made by slaves chained to radiators - it cleaned off all the gunk, metal shavings, dust and other crap. Manufacture is much better now, so you won't need it on your ARF Sub. If you want to give it a try take off the bracelet and soak it in a bowl of oil overnight. Use baby oil for it - don't use WD40 or you'll stink like C3PO for a week. When you're done wash the oil off with very hot water and detergent - otherwise the oil film will pick up more gunk.

Mosse

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
6/9/15
There are so many TD that it is hard to decide.
Thanks for your time. I will search the Rwi for more information on the Arf Dweller and how to easy find mistakes on the replica.
How many days do I have to accept or decline the Qc pics?

48h to decline

iang27

4/12/15
UK
J9jhX.md.png
J97Wf.md.jpg

After posting some qc pictures of my watch then a picture when it arrived I was looking forward to removing the plastic film adjusting the strap.

all going well until I went to remove the plastic from the left side of the case and discovered what I thought was a piece of the plastic was intact a machining flaw in the case !

The TD hadn’t seen it, I hadn’t seen it and everyone who saw my pictures didn’t see it.
I think we were all looking at the Bezel, pearl, rehaut etc

Someone who knows what they are doing may get it out but sending it back.

Last edited:

iang27

4/12/15
UK
He has offered a refund or a rebate but I know it’s there and it would bug me.

The rest of the watch is lovely. If someone wasn’t bothered about it they could save a bit and I could sort things with the dealer.

As I said, we all looked at my photos and no one saw it. If you look a few pages back when I got the qc pictures you can see it.

Omega18

Horology Curious
21/9/18
Got Dealer pictures from a TD

Same Issue as above.

2a709b61ebbf8be67b7868f368631d13.jpg

5453e8a548e4262af46b3e36277a8144.jpg

A Bit better but also Problems.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Omega18

Horology Curious
21/9/18
Aren‘t these the same pictures?

So I got offered the watch that you will sent back?!?!?!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk