• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
Mine finally arrived also today after a long and frustrating wait time. It was worth it
82457807b34ae8930659a6778b7be01e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice! Congratulations. Enjoy!

Sub_Mariner

Horology Curious
20/7/18
i think its ridiculous how much nitpicking some people do. You will never be happy with any rep, just go gen or stop complaining. You are buying a 500 euro rep made in a chinese factory. You can have a modder fix most of the flaws if your ocd is that bad, this is by far the best ootb submariner rep we had in years
how many people do you think can call out an arf rep in your daily life?

zero

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
I had mine next to a gen the other day and I really couldn't tell the difference and I really don't think you can tell the difference when you have them on your wrist . I think it's only members on here that are picking faults more so with enlarged pictures where the smallest defect can be seen.i know I haven't been in this hobbie long I was really impressed with the quality of the reps and that's why I have gone for the arf . I think the only way you can tell is if you have them hand in hand and play with the operation of the movement you will be able to tell the difference but I say it again when it's on your wrist I don't think you can tell how many people have been called out ??...

The $300 Subs are good enough for most. We had them for years and never called out. It is so small on the wrist, The "flaw" would have to be very large and obvious to call out. Nothing on those cheaper watches (which used to be the most exp[ensive Subs) would generate a call out AFIK. The people in deep in this hobby will always expect more and more. GOOD! they keep the makers in the money The Chinese know this so they drip out features with each " version" (sounds like the iPhone) Some think $500 is too much for a REP. even then they will call out "issues", Then GEN is not consistent at all.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I had mine next to a gen the other day and I really couldn't tell the difference and I really don't think you can tell the difference when you have them on your wrist . I think it's only members on here that are picking faults more so with enlarged pictures where the smallest defect can be seen.i know I haven't been in this hobbie long I was really impressed with the quality of the reps and that's why I have gone for the arf . I think the only way you can tell is if you have them hand in hand and play with the operation of the movement you will be able to tell the difference but I say it again when it's on your wrist I don't think you can tell how many people have been called out ??...

You just cant tell. For many on here WIS guys that are deep into watches I can tell a rep and gen within 2 seconds of seeing a picture. Its a good thing the WIS guys nickpick. It provides feedback to the factories that we do pay attention and cant get sloppy - well not overly sloppy and that is one of the reasons why the reps have reached this stage and quality.

I just think after 9 or 10 iterations of the same simple watch it begins to get tiresome. Its like teaching a co-worker the same thing over and over and over again. At some stage you just think this is a joke.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The $300 Subs are good enough for most. We had them for years and never called out. It is so small on the wrist, The "flaw" would have to be very large and obvious to call out. Nothing on those cheaper watches (which used to be the most exp[ensive Subs) would generate a call out AFIK. The people in deep in this hobby will always expect more and more. GOOD! they keep the makers in the money The Chinese know this so they drip out features with each " version" (sounds like the iPhone) Some think $500 is too much for a REP. even then they will call out "issues", Then GEN is not consistent at all.

Or people who dont buy the Gen because rolex is making shit over and over again. Little example? The new Deep Sea Blue Dial has now PRINTED texture on the inner circle THEY DONT EVEN ENGRAVE IT anymore and the shit watch costs 12k lol.

Sorry but rolex will never see a penny from me. Its one thing if you change the engraving to laser because its cheaper BUT just print it on like a 2 dollar watch? Ridiclious but people dont care! It must be Rolex on the dial and they open the pockets lol

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
The new Deep Sea Blue Dial has now PRINTED texture on the inner circle THEY DONT EVEN ENGRAVE IT anymore and the shit watch costs 12k lol.

Funny how this will actually increase sales indirectly:
Increased demand for older DSSD -> increased retention value/ premium of existing owners -> increase in perceived brand value -> More desirable as a Brand to both existing owners and new buyers.

Existing owners more likely to buy another Rolex and new luxury watch buyers to choose Rolex over other brands as Rolex retains value. Grey market dealers to rejoice both ways.

Reactions: SubVette

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yes but still ridiclious its a 12k watch and they not even engraving anymore wtf is that.

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
Or people who dont buy the Gen because rolex is making shit over and over again. Little example? The new Deep Sea Blue Dial has now PRINTED texture on the inner circle THEY DONT EVEN ENGRAVE IT anymore and the shit watch costs 12k lol.

Sorry but rolex will never see a penny from me. Its one thing if you change the engraving to laser because its cheaper BUT just print it on like a 2 dollar watch? Ridiculous but people don't care! It must be Rolex on the dial and they open the pockets lol

This is why I don't think a $500 watch is necessarily better than the $348.00 version. Who can tell if its 316F or 904L steel? I am guessing no one without a chemist. It's a "nice to know" but IMO does not help at all regarding the extra cost of the watch or the "feel" . With regard to genuine models, even they have not been all the exact same watch. The suppliers cannot seem to get it all right. They "fix" one thing and create other issues. I seriously think it's like Apple. They withhold features for the"next version" and people get caught up in the "new thing" and come running enmass. Then sell the old and buy the new.

Reactions: stufuse

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Couple of pics I took against the genuine insert, it is obvious that in low light the genuine color is more vivid but to be honest this is us nitpicking, no one will notice and call it out..

Direct light from the window, sunny day every day here in the Middle East!!
7fe644379667f340149c791340ff22c9.jpg

And when they are placed opposing the light source so I can demonstrate the difference between the two insert paint coloring
cb95e69834a9f8f7be9bed4ed54e3d21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

knol

17/8/16
Couple of pics I took against the genuine insert, it is obvious that in low light the genuine color is more vivid but to be honest this is us nitpicking, no one will notice and call it out..

Direct light from the window, sunny day every day here in the Middle East!!
7fe644379667f340149c791340ff22c9.jpg

And when they are placed opposing the light source so I can demonstrate the difference between the two insert paint coloring

Great pics , nice comparison. Especially on the second pic its clear to see that the gen insert nrs pop more.
I rest my case.

Reactions: efthimis

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany

Is it me or do the engravings on the ARF look deeper than on the genuine insert? It's pretty noticeable in the second pic when you look at the triangle.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Not saying there isn't a difference, but look how much more light is hitting the top of the gen bezel - the steel on the top is much brighter = more light. Also compare the 30 on the rep with the 20, 30 + 40 of the gen.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Not saying there isn't a difference, but look how much more light is hitting the top of the gen bezel - the steel on the top is much brighter = more light. Also compare the 30 on the rep with the 20, 30 + 40 of the gen.
Maybe it’s the angle or just being loose can gather more light.. anyway the gen bezel has different teeth finishing and should be a reason for that, more light and reflection more impressive to the eye!!