• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
Hi GrizzlyBear, that sounds great - but I can't see the pictures. Maybe you want to try the picr.me image hosting platform which is part of RWI?

Hi mate, I have uploaded using IMGUR and they are showing on my screen on the forum?

Let me know if the problem persists, or if anyone else cannot see them and I'll try another platform for you :)

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
Hi mate, I have uploaded using IMGUR and they are showing on my screen on the forum?

Let me know if the problem persists, or if anyone else cannot see them and I'll try another platform for you :)

This is how it looks to me ...

t1rq.png

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
The magnification is not too high, the font is just too big. Wouldn't say it's an instant tell unless you have a real next to it. Overall the ARF looks better than any Sub on the market and it is a beautiful piece for under 500$. And i even got mine for 380$ with a discount

Its the magnification because there was another member who swapped out the crystal to a gen and the DW was normal size. If your happy with yours great wear it in good health. Its good to let members know of the flaws because there are many on here who have never handled a gen in their entire life so would never be able to tell.

If we dont provide the feedback to the makers and provide constructive feedback on improvements we wouldnt be here where we are today. Its such a stupid flaw to have in todays reps and this has not been an issue even back in 2011 when I joined - the mag was even correct back then. Its such a easy flaw to address. Cant believe they cant get this right honestly.

doggepe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/16
I agree

The magnification, and font are the two things which, in my opinion give it away. The "black hole" effect, is I think, pretty good.

When I compare it to my old noob V7, I prefer the ARF.

Yes black hole is good, but magnification does not seem to high as i wrote. The numbers are slightly too "high" and a tiny bit to wide, but magnification seems to be spot on 2.5x. Here's a gen vs my ARF side by side. The white area is basically identical in size, only the number that is a few mils to big. Pictures are in same scale

qnNcCom.jpg

Edit: The font even looks crisper than gen LOL

Last edited:

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
IMG_1807.jpg

Also got this picture how does it look from that angle ? :) I really seems like it was dust

In my opinion (please be aware that I'm quite new to this):
- 45 marker appears to be very close to the crystal (however, it is not cracked as far as I can tell)
- SELs are not perfect, but good enough that I'd personally accept it
- Rehaut appears to be mis-aligned to the left (look at the crown at 12 o'clock)

Reactions: hor3pob

doggepe

8/8/16
Its the magnification because there was another member who swapped out the crystal to a gen and the DW was normal size. If your happy with yours great wear it in good health. Its good to let members know of the flaws because there are many on here who have never handled a gen in their entire life so would never be able to tell.

If we dont provide the feedback to the makers and provide constructive feedback on improvements we wouldnt be here where we are today. Its such a stupid flaw to have in todays reps and this has not been an issue even back in 2011 when I joined - the mag was even correct back then. Its such a easy flaw to address. Cant believe they cant get this right honestly.

Check my latest image, i don't see why the white area would be a perfect size and the number too big if the magnification is off.

(Maybe different batches?) I don't know

Last edited:

GrizzlyBear

Banned
Certified
16/3/18
Check my latest image, i don't see why the white area would be a perfect size and the number too big if the magnification is off.

(Maybe different batches?) I don't know

I am not sure if my pictures are visible or not now, but certainly on my version the white box is a little bigger on the ARF under magnification.

GrizzlyBear

Banned
Certified
16/3/18
Ah, it's just the way I am holding it mate - both cases are the same size.

The crown guards are different however.

Reactions: stufuse

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
My modder that works on genuine Rolex only had a first look at my ARF today and he was really really impressed by it! He has seen my TC V7x and my Noob V7 Hulk, he could not believe how far rep watches have been by now..he even called a good friend of his that is a Rolex enthusiast and both were overwhelmed by the quality of it.. he even asks why I have to change the crystal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

doggepe

8/8/16
My modder that works on genuine Rolex only had a first look at my ARF today and he was really really impressed by it! He has seen my TC V7x and my Noob V7 Hulk, he could not believe how far rep watches have been by now..he even called a good friend of his that is a Rolex enthusiast and both were overwhelmed by the quality of it.. he even asks why I have to change the crystal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Like i say, if the mag is to high, its like .3x more, not noticable unless you compare side by side pics or real life.

Last edited:
Reactions: efthimis