• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

w_inman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/15
I figured as much. I would have thought that he'd have taken photos and kept them prior to shipping them out to the UK, but I'm once again not upset or saying anything bad about him. I have zero problem at this point! I also have pretty realistic expecations being a rep. Major qc flaws would be my only concerns (very obvious ones like a pearl that is clearly off center with the naked eye at wrist level, cornet that is really crooked, etc. As far as the little details, I just hope for decent rehaut alignment and one of the newer/improved dwo's, dials, crown, etc. The ARF's look pretty consistent from what I can tell so fewer wild cards here. Basically details only seen with a loop or by people that know exactly what they are looking for are acceptable, but problems that can't be easily corrected and are lopsided is a different story.

Keep posting more picks of your watches to hold me over until mine shows up!

Strange how you didn't get pics, I emailed Sead when the latest EU stock came up and he sent me pics of that exact watch. Along with a couple more he had I'm the EU, wouldn't worry though Seads service is very good.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Strange how you didn't get pics, I emailed Sead when the latest EU stock came up and he sent me pics of that exact watch. Along with a couple more he had I'm the EU, wouldn't worry though Seads service is very good.

I had the same problem, no qc and incorrect model arrived, then had great qc pics but the watch I accepted wasn’t the one that arrived. But he’s making it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterpl

24/7/11
Well I've realized compared with my gen that the ciclops is quite bad.
Any ideas on a better cristal widht good ciclops?

Picture for comparison
d895f74ab35a7e689f126956b5968543.jpg
952203ef87467993fe3a4603824cf876.jpg
b515ebad66039d922c0e9c39e1baae93.jpg

Enviado desde mi H3113 mediante Tapatalk

Yep I been saying this for yonks. In real life the cyclops is shit on all these ARF subs and SD43's. If you own a gen or you know Rolex this is an instant tell. The date is a big part of the watch and the over magnification is something that can be seen very easily.

The guys that own gen or have held gens all the time will know instantly after looking at the watch after a few seconds something is off. Its the first thing I noticed when I received my ARF sub and my numerous SD43s.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Before I get flamed I’m well aware that these pictures are blown up.

The bezel pip was the first thing I noticed when looking at all pictures. It may not be noticeable on the wrist but if it is then it will bug the hell out of me.

25937b8ed7a052f11942651b5d705cd7.jpg

The SEL look very good on the non crown side at both 6 and 12.

177229bfca1aaabc742d795347915dad.jpg

But on the crown side don’t look good.

933848d973ba1b964ebe0d6efa265cbb.jpg

Maybe I’m being more picky as this is a pretty expensive otb Rep.

I think I got the same watch qc as you

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
Before I get flamed I’m well aware that these pictures are blown up.

The bezel pip was the first thing I noticed when looking at all pictures. It may not be noticeable on the wrist but if it is then it will bug the hell out of me.

Maybe I’m being more picky as this is a pretty expensive otb Rep.

I don't think you are asking too much for a $500+ Replica. I currently don't "see" a major difference from a $300 Version which looked great against my GEN. The cyclops magnification (or lack of) use to be a major tell. Now the uber cyclops magnification is still a major tell.

Reactions: arepuj

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I don't think you are asking too much for a $500+ Replica. I currently don't "see" a major difference from a $300 Version which looked great against my GEN. The cyclops magnification (or lack of) use to be a major tell. Now the uber cyclops magnification is still a major tell.

It is known that Subs in general need a new crystal/gasket and maybe even a new DW to look gen-like (not to mention to get the black hole effect) mr prof has a nice solution for about $160

arepuj

Known Member
6/10/11
It is known that Subs in general need a new crystal/gasket and maybe even a new DW to look gen-like (not to mention to get the black hole effect) mr prof has a nice solution for about $160
Hi mate
Could you tell more about this cristal from Mr Prof? Is he a forum member?

Enviado desde mi H3113 mediante Tapatalk

hor3pob

31/7/17
I don't want to be picky af as someone above me just said but I really think it's about that it's a 500$ rep I think you look more precise at the pictures :( EG this one the SELs don't really look good in my opnion aswell there's something on the bezel right next to pearl on the first marker :( What do you guys think ?

1.jpg

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
Hi hor3pob,

To me this just looks like dust (lint/fluff) on the marker. I agree that the SEL doesn't look good on this one, but remember how small this detail gets when it is not overly magnified. A friend of mine handed me over his Sub Date replica a few days ago (which is Noob I guess, he paid around 400 €) and I could stick my finger nail in that SEL gap (in your example it is much better). You're also lucky that the bezel is not broken (this appears to happen to many ARFs currently).

Reactions: hor3pob

doggepe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/16
Yep I been saying this for yonks. In real life the cyclops is shit on all these ARF subs and SD43's. If you own a gen or you know Rolex this is an instant tell. The date is a big part of the watch and the over magnification is something that can be seen very easily.

The guys that own gen or have held gens all the time will know instantly after looking at the watch after a few seconds something is off. Its the first thing I noticed when I received my ARF sub and my numerous SD43s.

The magnification is not too high, the font is just too big. Wouldn't say it's an instant tell unless you have a real next to it. Overall the ARF looks better than any Sub on the market and it is a beautiful piece for under 500$. And i even got mine for 380$ with a discount

hor3pob

31/7/17
Hi hor3pob,

To me this just looks like dust (lint/fluff) on the marker. I agree that the SEL doesn't look good on this one, but remember how small this detail gets when it is not overly magnified. A friend of mine handed me over his Sub Date replica a few days ago (which is Noob I guess, he paid around 400 €) and I could stick my finger nail in that SEL gap (in your example it is much better). You're also lucky that the bezel is not broken (this appears to happen to many ARFs currently).

IMG_1807.jpg

Also got this picture how does it look from that angle ? :) I really seems like it was dust

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
Hi all,

Haven't had a chance to pop on here, but I took some photos last night of the ARF next to my gen.

I hope this helps some people for reference. (fingers crossed the pictures work)

w0bEbSI.jpg

w96a4OA.jpg

87zbybV.jpg

T1dbW2I.jpg
wEnYe4v.jpg

pfpysTx.jpg

ZQ3E2Li.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hor3pob

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
The magnification is not too high, the font is just too big. Wouldn't say it's an instant tell unless you have a real next to it. Overall the ARF looks better than any Sub on the market and it is a beautiful piece for under 500$. And i even got mine for 380$ with a discount

I agree

The magnification, and font are the two things which, in my opinion give it away. The "black hole" effect, is I think, pretty good.

When I compare it to my old noob V7, I prefer the ARF.