• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
What does "wokky" mean? That's not even a word.

He means the circumference of the rehaut is smaller at the bottom than the top. So its like a wok. More like a pan if you ask me but i never came up with it. Either way, its fine apart from the alignment of the engraving with the minute markers on the left side.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
hi guys i got my qc photos from puretime for the 16610 LN ARF 904L with A2824 movement,
notice the markers on insert at 35, its really close to the dial compared to others. Markers at 5 and 15 are too far from the dial. Do you guys think it's worth to redlight? thanks for any inputs!
Looks good accept it

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
What really holding me back is the blue hue on the magnification i mean it looks so strange and i know its on some gen too but thats not the point i would never buy a gen with such an issue. I hope they can fix that.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
What really holding me back is the blue hue on the magnification i mean it looks so strange and i know its on some gen too but thats not the point i would never buy a gen with such an issue. I hope they can fix that.

Been on my wrist for a day now - its not something I’ve noticed. The watch is in a different league to my V7’s - a really nice rep.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09

Get gen or prof crystal? There is no way I would spend $500 on such a rep and not treat it to an upgraded crystal.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Nah i dont mod my reps even my regmariner have no blue hue on the magnification it cant be that hard.

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
Oh also friction plastic ring. Hydro ring I think it is called. $30 dollar little thing. Fakes don't work well.

Thank you!! Refer to my other post where I have included a picture of all the parts that are included.

I am looking forward to my first submariner franken now I just need to choose a TD.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
hi guys i got my qc photos from puretime for the 16610 LN ARF 904L with A2824 movement, https://imgur.com/a/nyTM25D

notice the markers on insert at 35, its really close to the dial compared to others. Markers at 5 and 15 are too far from the dial. Do you guys think it's worth to redlight? thanks for any inputs!

It's not just the 35, its the whole left side. Look at 55 compared to 5. This has been a characteristic of the ARF insert since this version arrived, highly unlikely you could get one without this. Honestly though, once it's on the wrist you 'shouldn't' notice it. My BP Hulk has the same characteristic and I never even noticed it til this ARF version came out. Now that I know about it, I still don't notice it. Look at how close to the crystal ALL my markers are - OMG!

Johnshun

Looking Around
28/10/17
Looks good accept it

thanks for the response, I went ahead and greenlit it after spending hours going through every page of this thread...it seems like the insert marker flaws are common on these new ARF 904L A2824, some have it worse than the others.

Johnshun

Looking Around
28/10/17
It's not just the 35, its the whole left side. Look at 55 compared to 5. This has been a characteristic of the ARF insert since this version arrived, highly unlikely you could get one without this. Honestly though, once it's on the wrist you 'shouldn't' notice it. My BP Hulk has the same characteristic and I never even noticed it til this ARF version came out. Now that I know about it, I still don't notice it. Look at how close to the crystal ALL my markers are - OMG!

yeaa that bug me in the beginning, but then i remember that this watch is only 41mm, so the difference among the gaps between the insert markers and dial is not really noticeable. Everything else looks good on it, puretime sent me some additional photos of the datewheel showing 2-digit dates, and they look great.

Reactions: KJ2020

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
joined the club !
910bc1ac8c85274b11646e9b4757e259.jpg
90f3c8b3a75ccd0f520c081b5603da20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ecender and LaPavel

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Me too. Not worn a sub for a while. My no date has broken down and the Hulk hasn't had much love since I saw a real one...

This one is a different matter - its an incredible rep. Dat insert...

1UhcCBl.jpg

Reactions: Bigred7078

71bucks

18/5/10
Is there a consensus that the insert on the ARF Hulk is a lighter and brighter shade of green than the V9? Can't really tell from photos. My V9 is pretty good but I'd like it more if it were a little brighter of a green, so I'd buy an ARF Hulk if the insert were brighter.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Is there a consensus that the insert on the ARF Hulk is a lighter and brighter shade of green than the V9? Can't really tell from photos. My V9 is pretty good but I'd like it more if it were a little brighter of a green, so I'd buy an ARF Hulk if the insert were brighter.

You should wait until someone who has a get hulk gives an opinion on either the ARF or Noob.
It doesn't matter what it looks like in a photograph as the green on the gen is out of gamut.