• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

xray7

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
1/4/18
Old Dart
Lucy is shipping mine tomorrow. Will post pics when it arrives. Ootb the ARF is better. The Noob v9 is a clusterfuck - most people got themselves a V8.

Looking forward to your review as you've gone with the vendor I'm considering, for delivery to the UK.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Looking forward to your review as you've gone with the vendor I'm considering, for delivery to the UK.

Oh, I don't think you'd call it a review! I'll just put up some pics!

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
Can someone remind me why smoke doesn’t like the ARF 2824? Boxy lugs, crown guard positions, crown position.... I think that’s it.
mid case isnt as gen, cg, lugs etc are off.
on noob are better
bezel click, dial, mid case,
on arf are better
bezel insert, bracelet, clasp, hands,

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
^ To be honest the Noob is out as much as the ARF and vice versa - neither are perfect. Fine details on the shapes of the X, Y and Z can only really be seen on the orthographic - and even on the V9, which is more a V8 thread only a couple of members know the difference, with the majority having to ask smoke.

What swung it for me was the bezel insert, which ARF have nailed, and more than that, the build quality - anyone who has got the ARF Sea Dweller will tell you the build quality is in a different league to the Noob V7. Maybe Noob upped their game for the V8, V9 or whatever people are actually getting, but I figured that after they spent 2 years going backwards with the V7 it was time to try something new.

Its just a rep - no big deal. If it sucks I'll flip it and get something else. I know a lot of people act as though they should take sides with manufacturers, but thats just idiotic - these are Chinese factories making fake watches, not football teams. When Noob gets their shit together I'll get their no date or Hulk.

Please post some QC PICS of the watch Lucy got for you.

QC pics from Lucy are not very good - more like a still life rather than actually functional as QC. Pics from Sead are much better. I didn't use him for this order as had a couple of issues last time and wanted to try someone new. QC's from both TD's below. Lucy's are on the black background.

lDWkvV4.jpg

XWyV6qG.jpg

GqI2kDa.jpg

Ng8dkjz.jpg

Reactions: Nivka

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
Lucy as TD is only for the vip in my eyes. I sent her several emails and she didn't respond. Next Lucy is extremely slow for me.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Lucy as TD is only for the vip in my eyes. I sent her several emails and she didn't respond. Next Lucy is extremely slow for me.

I'm certainly no VIP!

I found she's either on email, or she's not. When she is she'll respond straight away - I've swapped up to 5 mails with her in a 20 minute period. I guess they're all different. With Sead, it would be one email a day, often he would only half answer a question. QC's for this watch took nearly 5 weeks from Lucy, but ARF are often slow on new releases and there's demand so difficult to say. Sead was quick and good with QC, but my on my last order I got a watch different to the QC pics - the hands were not in sync, so I had to send it for repair.

Important is that we get a good watch at the end. I don't think that the choice of TD is too important.

Reactions: BruceLee55

mbl2285

21/5/14
Does anyone know if there is anyway of telling which rep factories utilize child labor?

a good chunk of the things that I buy come from factories in China
if the lens on my camera fell out when I went to examine my new iPhone I would certainly be pretty upset.

I have yet to actually own a gmf , but the idea that there is reps put together with parts from different factories by one manufacture seems like a great idea to me the biggest problem with reps and it took me years to be able to pinpoint is the lack of continuity we get from the makers by putting these random parts together that are somehow supposed to end up as a submariner.
I’ve had so many reps fall apart on arrival because the the parts don’t seem to have been tested in real time put together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
01bdc03764c7bd67a9998089aa0ec822.heic
6844b4d43f46f9506428278a25913a97.jpg

Enjoying my ARF. Came in few days ago from PT. Minor flaws include pearl being slightly off center and crown not full centered but honestly it’s so minute I didn’t even notice on QC.

I’m sure some of you may notice others but I’m hella happy with it. It’s a $500 rep of a $8000 watch. A steal as far as I’m concerned.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Does anyone know if there is anyway of telling which rep factories utilize child labor?

a good chunk of the things that I buy come from factories in China
if the lens on my camera fell out when I went to examine my new iPhone I would certainly be pretty upset.

I have yet to actually own a gmf , but the idea that there is reps put together with parts from different factories by one manufacture seems like a great idea to me the biggest problem with reps and it took me years to be able to pinpoint is the lack of continuity we get from the makers by putting these random parts together that are somehow supposed to end up as a submariner.
I’ve had so many reps fall apart on arrival because the the parts don’t seem to have been tested in real time put together

There is a QnA on here with a TD who says no child labour Is used

TBH Even for dictators and scum of the world children have their distinct uses but also limitations. I don’t think a child has anywhere well enough developed fine motor functions to prove themselves useful in the world of assembling watch components

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California
01bdc03764c7bd67a9998089aa0ec822.heic
6844b4d43f46f9506428278a25913a97.jpg

Enjoying my ARF. Came in few days ago from PT. Minor flaws include pearl being slightly off center and crown not full centered but honestly it’s so minute I didn’t even notice on QC.

I’m sure some of you may notice others but I’m hella happy with it. It’s a $500 rep of a $8000 watch. A steal as far as I’m concerned.

It looks real good! I am waiting for my ARF 116610 too. Hope it looks just as good. How tight is the bezel and does the cyclops give a black hole effect?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
For me these ARF ceramic bezel inserts being offset on the left side make them unacceptable to use in an "ARF/NoobV9" best of mash up despite the ARF cer insert being better in color and platinum filling. A lot of people seem willing to cut slack for ARF and overlook the faults of the new ARF Sub C because they are fed up with the shenanigans of the Noob factory slapping together watches from random parts bins or delaying releases or trickling out small amounts of watches in their runs or launching a new V+1 every month, etc. If ARF starts doing all of those things, then perhaps they will lose the crucial advantage over Noob of reliability and availability.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

If you're concerned about it you may want to read up on the rare earth minerals in your iPhone...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
For me these ARF ceramic bezel inserts being offset on the left side make them unacceptable to use in an "ARF/NoobV9" best of mash up despite the ARF cer insert being better in color and platinum filling. A lot of people seem willing to cut slack for ARF and overlook the faults of the new ARF Sub C because they are fed up with the shenanigans of the Noob factory slapping together watches from random parts bins or delaying releases or trickling out small amounts of watches in their runs or launching a new V+1 every month, etc. If ARF starts doing all of those things, then perhaps they will lose the crucial advantage over Noob of reliability and availability.
Wait for the updated batch :D iam waiting too

Reactions: ginopino