• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

joyjoyk

Known Member
10/3/18
lol, a dealer not taking care of a respected member + mod, I wonder how much their business will take a hit.. reputation is everything!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
lol, a dealer not taking care of a respected member + mod, I wonder how much their business will take a hit.. reputation is everything!

The dealer is a great guy. He is an amazing TD. Most of it was my fault. I didn't realize his site doest get iMac or ME.com emails. That took awhile. Then Noob didn't put out the 3135 right away. I have ZERO bad to say about the TD. Its just the shipping method that I never saw. Now I was just explained that DHL and USPS are brother companies. So he probably sent it DHL but when I asked the shipping they were probably confused.

I have waited a month for a watch. I have no issue with that. I am just eggier too get this comparison done it is killing me. I haven't seen a good Noob since V6S. The 8 was suppose to be the cats meow I have never physically saw one. Then they jumped in with the 9. So I am excited.

ARF is coming out with amazing stuff too. One can wear that right out the box. The upgrades are min is you want too do it. They crystal is good, the insert is amazing, the date wheel, the crown, dial, yea it has a 2824 in it but hell, Looks the part and its 904L too boot.

So please do not blame our TD. He has been amazing this whole time and Im sure the lateness is faulted on both sides.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
It's seems like in one of the few idiots, I mean people, to have bought the Noob V8 so I thought I'd add a couple of pics to assist the debate. I've not got an ARF sub to compare it to directly so instead I've used a Noob v7 Hulk, an ARF SD43 and an ARF DSSD d-blue in case that helps. Sorry for the shit photos, I'm baby sitting! They don't look that washed out in real life!

t6dtzk.jpg

2agkg92.jpg

rwjoyb.jpg

rbfi1t.jpg

2nrohfp.jpg

flk4uw.jpg

Bruninho98

Horology Curious
10/10/17
Ok. Did it under universal DHL and it said in route to Jamaica queens which is JFK airport. I dont have a date though of deliver or expected date. It does even show as landing there yet. Trust me I have waited for watches. That isn't the problem. Just never had a dealer send USPS. When I asked why he sent it that way he said he shipping did ti because DHL doest work for my area. Not true get lots of watches and all DHL.

No big deal. I just want too get this review done and over. I get probably 3-5 messages asking me which sub too buy. Right now I am referring everyone too the ARF. All I have too compare and it is amazing. I am telling them too wait a little longer.

Please pm me the TD you used to know if it is the same as mine, I've been using the same TD for the last 4 watches I bought in the last year and a half, and this new one and a boxset I bought he is shipping through USPS aswell, maybe something changed in the shipping companies and is better or safer to do it this way. By the way, hopes of a great watch for you my friend.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
The dealer is a great guy. He is an amazing TD. Most of it was my fault. I didn't realize his site doest get iMac or ME.com emails. That took awhile. Then Noob didn't put out the 3135 right away. I have ZERO bad to say about the TD. Its just the shipping method that I never saw. Now I was just explained that DHL and USPS are brother companies. So he probably sent it DHL but when I asked the shipping they were probably confused.

I have waited a month for a watch. I have no issue with that. I am just eggier too get this comparison done it is killing me. I haven't seen a good Noob since V6S. The 8 was suppose to be the cats meow I have never physically saw one. Then they jumped in with the 9. So I am excited.

ARF is coming out with amazing stuff too. One can wear that right out the box. The upgrades are min is you want too do it. They crystal is good, the insert is amazing, the date wheel, the crown, dial, yea it has a 2824 in it but hell, Looks the part and its 904L too boot.

So please do not blame our TD. He has been amazing this whole time and Im sure the lateness is faulted on both sides.

Now this is the way to go when something is not going as planned....:drinks_cheers:...don't bash the TD imediately but show a bit of respect.

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16

MarkTellsTime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/18
New England
Hi friends. I'm looking for solutions to my problem ARF ceramic insert. The indices on the insert are really misaligned, so much so that the 45 index on the insert touches the inside. I'm currently working with my TD to see if they can source me one, but I'm curious if I can just use a Noob bezel/insert on the ARF case. I don't have a Noob handy, does someone here who would be willing to test for me? My hope is that I can just buy a replacement bezel and insert from Spongebob with his paint mod.

Here are some pictures of my watch bezel disassembled and pictures of the watch case to see how the click spring/mechanisms work with the bezel. There are 3 pieces to the ARF bezel. There's no double sided tape used as with the Noob bezels. The insert, the bezel, and what I can only best call a retaining ring which keeps the bezel in place.

Any thoughts on the pictures or if anyone could chime in on if their Noob bezel fits on their ARF I would truly appreciate you! Thanks all.

ioDNmIH.jpg

Bezel Assembled

i1z0zSI.jpg

C2SaVLq.jpg

T0c5aUa.jpg

Alignment issue pictured

G7NUp6Y.jpg

XMrM7HL.jpg

Clickspring? Not sure what to call this.

MQnZ2Vd.jpg

b4ej4jC.jpg

ruzvexZ.jpg

JQWQ9Nq.jpg

hxaWyDf.jpg

JDE6BUO.jpg

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Which ARF is this? The 2824 116610LN 904? I have zero alignment issue but I do have a click issue. It feels really flimsy and cheap. But the insert looks great color wise. Some say the engraving of the numbers are too deep in some I am ok with that. Not that bad. But if the issue is alignment very easy fix. Seems like you have it apart already.

Pull that white little plastic ring and put it back in the bezel, you will see where it came out. Do not put back in the insert. Push bezel back on click away. When it rest after a click then align it and stick it with a piece of 2 sided tape. Mark location and put a bunch of small tabs of 2 sided tape around and I personally use super glue in-between the tape gaps. Just a very small amount. That way that sucker isn't coming off. I can tell you if it is like a real one on a noob there will be room but looking at yours it looks like they used 2 sided tape anyway. Good luck.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
You know as much as me lol.nobody tells me shit bro.last time Angus emailed me he was saying building a new sub from scratch Will take a few months

Last edited:

MarkTellsTime

27/3/18
New England
occb2 ah I may have confused my words. By alignment I mean that the engraved parts on my insert aren't right. It's easiest to see in this picture of the 45, but its not just this marking. It is the whole insert that isn't centered right. This is why I want to see if I could use a noob insert or a noob bezel assembly to replace it entirely. I've never seen a noob insert be misaligned like this arf one is.

LJVanZK

MarkTellsTime

27/3/18
New England
Damn that look horrible lol

Yeah... :( I don't know how I didn't notice it in QC. The 45 is the worst index but everything else on the entire insert is shifted more towards the 3 o'clock side. Love everything else on the watch so here I am trying to look at options on how to fix it. Spongebob can hook me up with a noob bezel and his paintmodded insert but we want to check to make sure a noob bezel will fit on an ARF. Anyone with a case knife and both a noob/arf able to check for me?

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
Having omg linking issues on my phone:

45 alignment https://imgur.com/a/LJVanZK

Wow.....$500+ for this REP? It's like squeezing a balloon. They fix this flaw and create another. No way should a $500 piece be worse than a $300 piece as far as the bezel insert goes. The correct bezel is so fundamental to a great looking REP. Maybe it's a one-off? Are the rest good? Maybe they can source you an insert if this is a one-off issue.

Sohaib

Known Member
14/10/16
You know as much as me lol.nobody tells me shit bro.last time Angus emailed me he was saying building a new sub from scratch Will take a few months

Could you please ask him to tell ARF to fix the click of the bazel ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk