• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

JMK

13/2/18
Wearing my noob v7 for the first time since I got the ARF a few weeks ago... the noob clasp is def better but the rest of the ARF watch just feels more solid. There’s just something about the ARF that feels closer to gen. I can also def tell the difference in color between the 904l and 316.

Agree on the hands... the ARF hands are also quite noticeably nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffboehm

Horology Curious
20/5/18
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
I’m new here and would be interested in an overall decent rep sub. Not perfect but good enough to feel great on the wrist and wear with pride. Has the review been posted yet or are we still waiting for the watch to arrive ?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I’m new here and would be interested in an overall decent rep sub. Not perfect but good enough to feel great on the wrist and wear with pride. Has the review been posted yet or are we still waiting for the watch to arrive ?

get this one.

primerafull

15/11/14
Wearing my noob v7 for the first time since I got the ARF a few weeks ago... the noob clasp is def better but the rest of the ARF watch just feels more solid. There’s just something about the ARF that feels closer to gen. I can also def tell the difference in color between the 904l and 316.

How about the difference in the insert?

I had an v7 and sold for the insert, when you know the difference from the Gen is the bigger tell.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

JMK

13/2/18

If you can wait a few months, I’d hold out for the “3135” version of the ARF or Noob 116610. The race between these two factories is on... no clear winner yet.

If you can’t, I have the currently released ARF and am very happy with it. If you’re not going to mess with it, ARF is my vote with the great hands and insert. Thats what I tend to look at when admiring the watch.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

read the last 40 pages and do yourself a favor...

Reactions: FarewellFire

PoptheC

18/5/13

+1, I previously owned a noob v6 and a v6s , none of them is comparable to the overall feel of ARF, there is something about this watch. For me this is the best ootb 116610 so far.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Guys, unless you are planning to replace your SH3135 with a gen, you may be interested in reading this post on RG. Obviously not all rep movements are bad but IMO the "super clones" have a lot of room for improvement yet. I'm sticking with 2824/36 and Miyotas for now.

https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/292567-feedback-jf-16610-sh3135.html

This article is all about aesthetics. Decent point about the potential for chipping paint to jam up the works, but notice how few people have written in with problems from this, or other shortcomings with the clone movements in the past couple years? Don't forget, people tend to run to the forums with problems and stay quiet about things just carrying on as they should, so the scarcity of recent bad feedback on even the SA3135, let alone the superior SH3135, is good evidence that there's no reason to stay away.

Ultimately the whole point here is to have fun, so always go with the movement you will enjoy more. But if you'd be inclined to a clone movement for the more gen-like crown position, potential to use gen hands, dial, etc., don't let reliability concerns hold you back.

Reactions: thinwhiteduke

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12

Glad you dig it! Seems ARF finishing is better all around. But FYI, you can't actually tell the difference between 904 and 316 because of the steel. What you're seeing is the way different brushing or satin finishing reflects light. With the same brushing, they would look the same.

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
My eta 2824 top grade came in today. Anyone know if the arf hands are h4 or h2? I have a h4 kit if needed but id like to know if the hands fit the standard h2 pinion height?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ohhai

Horology Curious
23/3/15
Ryan at pt told me a few weeks ago that the LV would not be available until the end of the month but surprise they are in stock at the factory now! just placed my order through another td I like to work with

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
Really hope that’s true; I paid for my LV preorder over a month ago with PureTime and anxious to see the QC pics!
Ryan at pt told me a few weeks ago that the LV would not be available until the end of the month but surprise they are in stock at the factory now! just placed my order through another td I like to work with

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Glad you dig it! Seems ARF finishing is better all around. But FYI, you can't actually tell the difference between 904 and 316 because of the steel. What you're seeing is the way different brushing or satin finishing reflects light. With the same brushing, they would look the same.

^^^ 100% this.
On a scale from one to even, I just cant. We have incorrect lugs, incorrect green ceramic colour, datewheels that are thick, thin, too serif, not serif enough... meanwhile half of RWI is worrying about couple percent of nickel in their sometimes not even waterproof watches. I'm not the one to make decisions on what people should find important, but GAAAAAAAAAAH!

The Alchemy Index

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
+1, I previously owned a noob v6 and a v6s , none of them is comparable to the overall feel of ARF, there is something about this watch. For me this is the best ootb 116610 so far.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

This is high praise, the v6s were great. Thanks for your opinion

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Just and update.
Ryan sent me a tracking number. The odd thing is that is is a USPS tracking number and here in NY customs they are a Pain in the A$$ as slow. Tracking number shows being prepared in china but the link that Ryan sent me shows it in NY JFK. So your guess is as good as mine. I dont know when I will get it. Its been weeks. I got my watch from Angus in under a week (that was the ARF 116610LN 2824 904) There was an issue with Ryans site with my email. Seems Mac mails have issue with his server. He has been a great guy too deal with I think either he deals with more volume or is just different procedure. I got my 116610 from Angus DHL in a week. This USPS lets see. I know I ship all over and as long as its out of the USA it is a pain and snail mail. I am hoping not.

I know a lot of you guys are waiting for this too make your decision. IF you have too jump the gun at this moment I would have too say jump on then ARF 116610LN 2824 904L. Besides the click which was fixed with a small metal wheel on a Dremel and wd40 and the clasp which I left alone. Ascetically no one will be able too tell its not really rolex. I will show more measurements. But they wight and feel the same on with he same amount of links.

I do LOVE the look of the noob case from my QC pics. Bezel still had white numbers and not so platinum where the ARF were a great match just a wee bit recessed. The clasp on the QC pics of the noob did look better too but I DONT HAVE IT IN HAND!!!!.

So I would still say hold off till I have them all in hand, but as of now who knows. 420125539374869903502844109223 that is my tracking number. That way you guys can know when I get it.

fabbrisd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/12/12
I would suggest you track thru DHL - yes USPS is the "partner" but DHL tracking will give you better overview - target delivery May 25

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
fabbrisd I just went on DHL site and it shows nothing under that tracking number.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Ok. Did it under universal DHL and it said in route to Jamaica queens which is JFK airport. I dont have a date though of deliver or expected date. It does even show as landing there yet. Trust me I have waited for watches. That isn't the problem. Just never had a dealer send USPS. When I asked why he sent it that way he said he shipping did ti because DHL doest work for my area. Not true get lots of watches and all DHL.

No big deal. I just want too get this review done and over. I get probably 3-5 messages asking me which sub too buy. Right now I am referring everyone too the ARF. All I have too compare and it is amazing. I am telling them too wait a little longer.

Reactions: dweller 89