• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Well i ordered a top grade 2824 and a h4 kit. Does anyone know if i really need the h4 with these hands? I heard arf uses longer hand tubes?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pombok

12/1/17
botsyboy I remember you removed the cyclops from your SD43, have you done this to a sub before? Can you talk is through the process? I remember something about a kitchen blow torch...

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Caveat: I suggest you open the case back as well while heating it. Learned it the hard way. My crystal popped up in mine. Too much pressure generated by the heat.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Caveat: I suggest you open the case back as well while heating it. Learned it the hard way. My crystal popped up in mine. Too much pressure generated by the heat.

I remove the crystal from the watch first!! Then apply heat to the top of the cyclops until the glue softens and it will pop off with a gentle nudge. Heat for no more than 20 secs at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Guys, what's the general consensus on the bezel insert on this? I had a noob v7 but couldn't stand the dull bezel insert so had it paint modded but have since sold the watch. Is this version much better than the noob v7?

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Well I got the quality pics today from Ryan. I have to say that I do like the case. Look very similar too the V7 which I am not a fan of. It being 904 is a game changer for me. I will make it my baby..

So while I do not have them in hand right now. Well I have the ARF not the noob. The noon bezel looks white.

IMG_1901.jpg

Where the ARF looks platinum like is is suppose too.

IMG_1771.jpg

I could nit pic. Like WTF is noob thinking with the pearl? But let me get them in hand first. Then we will see. Only a few days or a week left..

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
^ both good - but that pearl - WTF?

Highlights Noobs 'parts bin' approach - you don't really know what you're going to get at the moment - and neither do the TD's apparently.

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Yup, it's always a roll of the dice. We will never know what we get. But in general, reps have come a long way! I have an egging feeling that I should just buy this ARF 2824 NOW and not wait for the ARF Smoke (improved) SH3135 version cuz God knows what horrors await. Like the Chazingtime Noob V9 may be the new V6s. Especially because these are out of stock.

Reactions: christo14

darvistor

Horology Curious
17/4/18
Wow, Clifton is right around the corner from me SubVette and where I go to the gym. My taxes just recently grew to $14k so I feel the pain.

Thanks for the insight @slaughterer62. Sounds like you and many others truly love the hobby and the challenges we face with today's rep. I personally wouldn't know where to begin with doing anything to a watch and would just prefer OOTB. If its 70% there that's fine with me lol. Now if I could just find someone close to me to send it to upgrade.....

Darv

Reactions: SubVette

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Well I got the quality pics today from Ryan. I have to say that I do like the case. Look very similar too the V7 which I am not a fan of. It being 904 is a game changer for me. I will make it my baby..

So while I do not have them in hand right now. Well I have the ARF not the noob. The noon bezel looks white.

IMG_1901.jpg

Where the ARF looks platinum like is is suppose too.

IMG_1771.jpg

I could nit pic. Like WTF is noob thinking with the pearl? But let me get them in hand first. Then we will see. Only a few days or a week left..
That v9 sel and case is the new v6s I missed the boat .this first batch is out of stock.i dread to think the second batch will be the old v7 style case :(

Pombok

12/1/17
I remove the crystal from the watch first!! Then apply heat to the top of the cyclops until the glue softens and it will pop off with a gentle nudge. Heat for no more than 20 secs at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Now to hunt for a blow torch on amazon .... !