• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Realtime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/18
Great watch, love the pictures, keep them coming indeed. These pictures also prove that minuscule flaws like the distance of the 45 index marker can't be and won't be noticed from a normal distance.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
At last, mine is shipped and will be getting it maybe by Thursday or Saturday! I will be posting some pics just for your reference and all, I believe that bezel insert has been reworked by the factory as the cutouts are not so deep, let's see what else is new...

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Can anyone recommend a good DW other than a Gen for the ARF? Is the noob font better? the cost of a Gen crystal and datewheel is as much as the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
At last, mine is shipped and will be getting it maybe by Thursday or Saturday! I will be posting some pics just for your reference and all, I believe that bezel insert has been reworked by the factory as the cutouts are not so deep, let's see what else is new...

Nice! Look forward to the pics

Reactions: efthimis

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Can anyone recommend a good DW other than a Gen for the ARF? Is the noob font better? the cost of a Gen crystal and datewheel is as much as the watch.

I asked for some QC pics of different dates during the procedure, like 8, 12, 22 and 30 (something like that, cannot remember). If you don’t see anything funny then it will be ok, remember that seeing pics in the computer screen is not how the dates will look on wrist. I know gen crystal is expensive but this is the No1 upgrade, still you can go away with the ARF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I asked for some QC pics of different dates during the procedure, like 8, 12, 22 and 30 (something like that, cannot remember). If you don’t see anything funny then it will be ok, remember that seeing pics in the computer screen is not how the dates will look on wrist. I know gen crystal is expensive but this is the No1 upgrade, still you can go away with the ARF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Since you accepted the watch, would you share some of the qc of the dates? (if that’s allowed)

Are you saying you’d go Gen on the crystal and not mod the Datewheel

Alexsuh

19/5/17

TC dwo is good or noob one is ok. If you go with gen, you have to shave the bottom evenly since its 2824. And there’s no promise it’ll work. Some watch makers are not even recommanding this because gen dw is too thick for using as an overlay.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
TC dwo is good or noob one is ok. If you go with gen, you have to shave the bottom evenly since its 2824. And there’s no promise it’ll work. Some watch makers are not even recommanding this because gen dw is too thick for using as an overlay.

A couple watch makers have already done it and seem to work ok with Gen DW.

Can you still purchase a Tc?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

Alexsuh

19/5/17

according to the watch maker’s comment, it may work for a while, it will be broken eventually due to the weight. I don’t remember which thread was it but I read it. I don’t really know its true or not but make sense to me. I have now 3 gen dw for my build and it is really thick compare to dwo. People even have a hard time to fit gen dw to sh/yuki3135. So to 2824-2 as dwo, you can imagine.

Tc is hard to get but there are still some on m2m. I got 2 from m2m but took a year.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
This is a picture from Intime of the ARF. The thinness of the date looks fine to me, what's wrong with it exactly?

30hsx1y.jpg

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
according to the watch maker’s comment, it may work for a while, it will be broken eventually due to the weight. I don’t remember which thread was it but I read it. I don’t really know its true or not but make sense to me. I have now 3 gen dw for my build and it is really thick compare to dwo. People even have a hard time to fit gen dw to sh/yuki3135. So to 2824-2 as dwo, you can imagine.

Tc is hard to get but there are still some on m2m. I got 2 from m2m but took a year.

Agreed about the SH comment, my ARF Dj has Gen DW and apparently that was a pain to fit. I originally wanted to wear this out the box now I’ve got dragged into light modding it, haha

Sent from the RWI App

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
From this year? The gen hulk? Then look if it has the blue hue like the other gens at the moment or its just a batch error.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Yes brand new. I got the last Hulk allocation from my local AD (apparently they only receive 3 at a time, and none ever make it to the display case). They’re expecting an ETA before 7/30 so I’m excited!

They wouldn’t take a deposit on the new Pepsi so I’m holding out for a phone call when those start coming around. I’ll only deal with ADs tho, I’m not paying $1-2k markup on the Hulk from grey market dealers and sure as hell am not paying 2.5x retail for the new Pepsi.

Any links to the blue hue issue? Haven’t heard of this before.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Its here in the thread some pages before i even did post a YouTube link and an older one.

Wanted to buy a Gen Submariner but nah they switched the rehaut i was like a little pissed but now blue hue issues fucked it up for me because i loved the black hole effect.

If you dont find the links i will research it later and repost it.

Maybe Just a batch issue i saw it on all Submariners so maybe because you have a brandbew one its fixxed on yours :)

Reactions: dc2_bb6_cu2

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
@DC looking forward to seeing your gen hulk! Nice choice buddy! Man this newer black ARF sub looks GREAT. since I have a noob v9 hulk, maybe I'll pick up the black version from ARF. although I must admit ill probably get a different model than a sub when I get a new rep.

I'll be on the lookout for the pics!

Reactions: dc2_bb6_cu2

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
Depends on the people

LOPL I don't know anyone who is as critical looking at a watch than RWI members. Most owners of the GEN are in the dark about the details. I know I was before I perused the REPS and ended up selling my gen for that very reason. The REPs are too good to walk around with $8K on my wrist...and i am referring to the mid priced $300 REP Subs, not the $500 variants. I still have reservations about spending $500 on a rep. Any rep. I appreciate all the expertise trying to get a Chinese super rep. Because of those OCD sufferers, I can get a great $350 REP LOL