• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
904 + sh3135 is a game changer. I get that the difference between 316 and 904 is negligible and there is no real world benefit, but it is the same material as gen. And the ARF 904 bracelets are much more gen like than the previous 316 bracelets. With minor reshaping, there is really no reason to buy gen cases or gen bracelets for frankens anymore imo.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Can you check if the bezel click sounds like Gen pleasep? Same for the bracelet squeak. Thanks in advance.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Great news

Kindly do a comparison between ARF 116610 LV insert and GEN insert in terms of light effect ( direct sunlight, indoors, dim lights) and if they are close how much

close they are?

Will do when the LV becomes available. That is not going too be for a few weeks.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
904 + sh3135 is a game changer. I get that the difference between 316 and 904 is negligible and there is no real world benefit, but it is the same material as gen. And the ARF 904 bracelets are much more gen like than the previous 316 bracelets. With minor reshaping, there is really no reason to buy gen cases or gen bracelets for frankens anymore imo.

Yep. This is the game changer. Exactly what I think. While the difference isn't a big deal, the quality is just better. With just a little work it will be amazing. You will save thousands on a build.

Lets look at the 116610LV that I built. The case cost me almost $1700 when shipped and everything. The 97200 bracelet was almost the same. So lets say $3500 fro the base of the watch. Now I can eliminate that with a $500 watch. The base, if looks perfect and feels perfect just makes it so much better. Can't wait too see them. Really the dials are on point. Even the hands are getting better. Yea the lum will never be the same quality as Rolex but look wise they are getting better. If they get the crystal and the bezel color and engraving color right, We will have a super rep!

Reactions: Bsg25

PoptheC

18/5/13
Ordered an A2824 since 24th April, no QC photo until now....

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Ordered an A2824 since 24th April, no QC photo until now....

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

They are not out for another few days. When they get them in you will get it.

Reactions: RolieBoy

xray7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
Old Dart
Subscribed. Have a fantastic Franken 16800 on at present as a test driver and really want to test drive something modern for a comparison before pulling the trigger on a gen. If this is approaching NWBIG territory after review, I'm not going to hesitate.

smujake68

Horology Curious
21/4/18
Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A2824

Order Placed April 21
QC Photos April 28

Al0Nf3u
Al0Nf3u.jpg

qwnqV5g.jpg

jADVk3A.jpg

F8xEVhv.jpg

1LSyHNk.jpg

6MquBlx.jpg

Reactions: thecoolguy

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A2824

Order Placed April 21
QC Photos April 28

Al0Nf3u
Al0Nf3u.jpg

qwnqV5g.jpg

jADVk3A.jpg

F8xEVhv.jpg

1LSyHNk.jpg

6MquBlx.jpg

WOW! That is excellent; reps have come such a long way

Why doesn't ARF doesn't use the same AR coating on the cyclops as on their recently released Mr Chunky SD got me stumped though

Finally consistent and genlike SEL

Got angled lugs

Hands are meh as usual

Insert paint seems okay; hard to tell as it has the power of 1000 suns shining straight upon it

Clasp is a'right

Dial's fine

Crown looks sharp af

Reactions: thecoolguy

joyjoyk

Known Member
10/3/18
That cyclops looks like its got milk in it..
Otherwise a mighty fine watch

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I didn't want too post my qc. But here they are.

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

I never share my QC pics but since this is going too be a watch that is going to be donated here too RWI this is more OUR watch. I already approved it and it should be on its way too me.

Look at it. I think its amazing. Only thing I see is the crown on the band. It is not matted enough. Easy to fix with a nice Dremel. But really the SEL and even the color on the bezel numbers looks spot on. Hands are OK. dial looks great. The one thing is the lugs. The look a little big. It could be my eyes. I will measure when I have it in hand. Cant wait.

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Mine was shipped yesterday (chinas monday morning) hopefully friday or Saturday ill post some in hand pictures. Coming DHL Express so everyone pray it flys through customs.

Reactions: occb2

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Yea mine was too. But in NY it can get held up in customs.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
That looks good, really good. Can't wait to read your review when it arrives :)

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Hey occb2 ...thanks so much for doing this..

i think you and me and most of the more addicted guys here all care about this piece as a franken base...so its mainly the case Im interested in..Unfortunately the lugs look off, too thick, mot enough taper and the angle on the tips is not enough..Also the crown position on the 2824 looks way too low, I dont understand that as it should be same height as 3135 but it looks low too me..Can you please confirm that in real life, sometimes pictures play tricks. Also rehult engraving? Meh? SEL looks great but can you please switch and swap out the bracelet onto a 3135 v6s case and also the other way around? It would be really helpful to me and Im sure a lot of guys to see how it looks on a v6s case and vice versa...lastly, when the LV comes out that bezel color side by side w gen would be a blessing.
....Thank you brother Rob!

Reactions: Mickki and Nivka

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Not sure if its the lugs too thick or not long enough / both. could all be complicated by focal length on the shot. i made a quick photoshop thingamajig...
sorry its tiny - stupid forum software won't let me upload anything bigger than 25k.

lots of people saying the angle of the lug is wrong - it does not loo too wrong to me, but definitely too chubby at the end regardless of length.

not sure if this is accurate - remember the focal length can change a lot...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	6727827

Last edited:
Reactions: electric

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Just a small update I asked for the lugs to be fixed and the cg and the Rehaut engraving and the bezel assembly. Angus confirmed these will be fixed defo. But the crown logo on the clasp won't be fixed yet due to buying 1000000 clasps allready .But they will fix the issue.the crown tube countersunk issue will be fixed .

The hulk I showed them the correct period correct dial font and layout to use .And marker size.that will be implemented on release aswell
The green insert before hitting the oven looks use rival to gen .But after being cooked it's slightly off but they are working on perfecting it

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
They have put the sh3135 release on hold untill all my fixes are implemented other than the clasp crown.so when it is released it should be perfect if they following my pics and diagrams and case notes to the t.andus showed them and they apparanty they understand and can fix the flaws.also I told them don't forget the 3135 movement cut out

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
They have put the sh3135 release on hold untill all my fixes are implemented other than the clasp crown.so when it is released it should be perfect if they following my pics and diagrams and case notes to the t.andus showed them and they apparanty they understand and can fix the flaws.also I told them don't forget the 3135 movement cut out

Will they let you see drawings / cads before they make it?

Reason I ask is I've had a bunch of stuff made in China - for them to say 'we understand' can mean one of 3 things:

1. they understand.
2. they don't understand.
3. fuck you.

Anyone else who has gone through the experience of prototyping product in China will tell you the same thing...