• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I owned the ARF sd43 and i can confirm that the insert numbers are too dull compared to gen (not as bad as the Noob though). this has also been observed by a few gen owners. Also the ARF sub insert nrs are not as bright as gen but they are close but robably not close enough for me.
When i received the SD43 i was really dissapointed with the insert nrs and had to do a molotow paint mod which made a big improvement. the insert nrs really popped after that

I will probably order the ARF sub soon and will be ready to do the molotow mod and maybe even order the cerameister insert.

bgmCI.jpg

i remember your incessant nitpicking over every conceivable thing in the SD43 thread - it was obvious you were never going to be happy. Even to the extent where the coronet on the clasp was to you an 'instant tell'. SMH. The pic you posted does not have even lighting across the 2 examples, with the light on the rep being darker, with a different white point - just look at the difference in the metal and ceramic.

sure, it's not gen - it's a Chinese fake, but it's a lot closer than any paint mod, and in a different league to the noob.

Between the Molotow pen and ARF standard insert it's not even close - ARF wins - I know - I did the Molotow pen on my Noob sub - glad I'll never have to do that again.

Last edited:

knol

17/8/16
i remember your incessant nitpicking over every conceivable thing in the SD43 thread - it was obvious you were never going to be happy. Even to the extent where the coronet on the clasp was to you an 'instant tell'. SMH. The pic you posted does not have even lighting across the 2 examples, with the light on the rep being darker, with a different white point - just look at the difference in the metal and ceramic.

sure, it's not gen - it's a Chinese fake, but it's a lot closer than any paint mod, and in a different league to the noob.

Between the Molotow pen and ARF standard insert it's not even close - ARF wins - I know - I did the Molotow pen on my Noob sub - glad I'll never have to do that again.

Whatever dude. I did the molotow mod on the SD43 and if made a big difference. speak to some gen owners and they will tell you the ARF insert is a little bit too dull,
Not even going to start about the fading that a few owners now reported

Last edited:

Keniath

16/9/16
Upper Austria, Linz
I think its ridiculous how much nitpicking some people do. You will never be happy with any rep, just go gen or stop complaining. You are buying a 500 euro rep made in a chinese factory. You can have a modder fix most of the flaws if your OCD is that bad, this is by far the best OOTB Submariner rep we had in years
How many people do you think can call out an ARF rep in your daily life?

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I think its ridiculous how much nitpicking some people do. You will never be happy with any rep, just go gen or stop complaining. You are buying a 500 euro rep made in a chinese factory. You can have a modder fix most of the flaws if your OCD is that bad, this is by far the best OOTB Submariner rep we had in years
How many people do you think can call out an ARF rep in your daily life?
Totally agree.

Some people have such standards they forget it's a toy replica ...lol

Just enjoy the fucking watch rather than picking holes.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

knol

17/8/16
knol are you sure it was ARF? Becauss BP did sd43 Version too with extreme dull Insert colors.

yes, it was ARF. not super dull like a noob v7 sub but just not up to gen spec. I have read a few reports now from gen owners that said the same thing. just something to be aware of.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Thanks! :) very interesting to read i saw a post about that with a comparison between the ARF insert and the Cerameister insert and it looked really a little dull but not "that" much. But i see your picture and indeed it looks dull compared to gen.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I have the gen insert and bezel, brand new and never installed so I can do a comparison with the ARF, will post some pics maybe tomorrow if I remember... but ARF insert is nice, I am not the anal on details kinda of guy though so I get to enjoy life and maybe live longer lolololol!!! Just teasing you guys

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
In my opinion none of these reps are worth $500USD. Way way too many flaws. One flaw here and one flaw there they all add up to a product that is very inferior.

Cyclops mag
Bezel paint Color
Bezel engravings
DW fonts
SELs

I think after sooo many iterations from Noob and now the new makers ARF and whoever else we are all suckers for buying the same rep over and over and over again for barely any progress or improvements and even in some cases going backwards. We should be at super rep status for the submariner by now. Its one of the most simplest watches out there. LOL

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Last edited:

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
An AP ROO is a much more complicated watch to rep. Dial textures + open caseback + chrono etc....The Rolex is a simple 3 hand watch with a date and closed caseback. Plus it is the most repped watch and has been for decades.

I've said it before and I'll say it again the factories are laughing at us talking about DW mag, then bezel engravings, colors I reckon they are reading this and saying cha ching. V3 will have the correct mag but I'll fuckup the pearl this time or the SELs and resell all the ones I've sold to the same guys over and over and over again. LOL

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yeah i know thats why i did put the AP ROO in play because it only costs 140 dollars more (sometimes even less) but it looks 10x more quality than any of the rolex reps. I think thats just the businessmodel, dont make a perfect sub so they can resell the watch every year with minor updates.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
The Submariner just gets more scrutiny then any other Rep.

The JF AP ROO is a great rep I agree with that but it has just as many flaws as the ARF Sub.

$500 well spent in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
But some has titanium or even carbon and here you get steel. Yes 904L (says the chinese factory) i don't know man. I like the submariner but its such an easy design and so much flaws which you can actually see pretty fast.

Adam270

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/18
Redcar northeast England
I had mine next to a gen the other day and I really couldn't tell the difference and I really don't think you can tell the difference when you have them on your wrist . I think it's only members on here that are picking faults more so with enlarged pictures where the smallest defect can be seen.i know I haven't been in this hobbie long I was really impressed with the quality of the reps and that's why I have gone for the arf . I think the only way you can tell is if you have them hand in hand and play with the operation of the movement you will be able to tell the difference but I say it again when it's on your wrist I don't think you can tell how many people have been called out ??...

Reactions: jfdupuis

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I can tell it even on your wrist its not that "hard". Just check the not rounded indices as an example. I called out someone with a noob v7 :D he is now a member here ^^

or the cylops is a big tell or the reflections of the sels etc. Its really not that hard to call out a submariner. Its a great rep but its still only a rep.

Reactions: stufuse