• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking to make a 116710 Pepsi Frankenstein

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Hey guys hoping to get some advise from the GMT GUYS, I been a huge Daytona fan and own a ARF 116520 and just ordered a new noob Daytona.

Recently I have falling in love with the gmt Pepsi. I like the “wildness” and boldness of it. All while remaining classy.

Seems that the Pepsi is not available with proper hand stack. In the past I’ve been more of a fan of the ARF stuff. But will be curious what the GMT GODS say.

what case would you start with? I’d like it to be wearable until I can source a gen dial, bezel and crown.

i greatly appreciate everyone’s input, and if anyone has a modded one already I’d be very interested in it!

thank you guys and have a great day!

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Correct me if Im wrong, but I dont believe theres a ceramic Pepsi rep (at least not a good one). Where are you going to source a pepsi bezel insert? Gen (good luck)? There's no white gold 116710 case AFAIK either.

If youre looking at the Batman or the LN, then your best bet is to go Noob v6s if you can find one on M2M. Otherwise, the v7/v8 needs work out of the box i.e. spongebob mod.

Re handstack, unless you're really comfortable with servicing/repairing movements...then dont even bother with the CHS. Stick with the more-reliable ICHS.

There's been a couple franken LNs and at least one franken Batman on the forum in the past few months...Id search for those to get more info.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
No good ceramic Pepsi rep out there. Only one and that has an aluminium insert and no ceramic.

Youre better off doing a BLNR since a PepsiC is not happening right now. Maybe something will come out sooner or later but nothing that I know of so far.

If you do however manage to find a bezel (which i doubt and even if, it’ll run you about 3kish just for the insert) you can consider yourself very very lucky.

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Fyi the white gold bezel if you find one will not fit on a SS case courtesy of yours truly Rolex

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
I saw one on chrono once, but it was 3Gs, waste imo. Thats half of a gen no date.

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
Good luck

you'd be better off buying a gen parting it out and frankening with those parts.

probably be cheaper

Luizin2004

Renowned Member
11/1/11
Saw a genuine pepsi insert for U$ 3.900.

Good luck

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Hey guys hoping to get some advise from the GMT GUYS, I been a huge Daytona fan and own a ARF 116520 and just ordered a new noob Daytona.

Recently I have falling in love with the gmt Pepsi. I like the “wildness” and boldness of it. All while remaining classy.

Seems that the Pepsi is not available with proper hand stack. In the past I’ve been more of a fan of the ARF stuff. But will be curious what the GMT GODS say.

what case would you start with? I’d like it to be wearable until I can source a gen dial, bezel and crown.

i greatly appreciate everyone’s input, and if anyone has a modded one already I’d be very interested in it!

thank you guys and have a great day!

To avoid headaches from the total cost and rare parts sourcing, I recommend buying a gen 126710 pepsi steel or a noob 116710 chs (and painting the stock noob insert to pepsi)