• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep questions/opinions

darvistor

Horology Curious
17/4/18
Hi all,

New to the forum and I've been following so many threads that every time I think I have chosen the first rep I read some other opinion that makes me question the choice. I'm not so critical of the looks because quite honestly I'm not walking around or working with many people wearing a genuine Rolex. Its doubtful that any of my friends or family would ever tell the difference as they have never seen one up close. For those that I do know with a Rolex, I doubt they would think twice because I make enough to have a genuine one.

To me I want the best movement in a watch. I'm not concerned with the color of the bevel markings or slight font difference as long as the thing doesn't look like it came from Canal st.

What would be the best movement to look for and which rep currently has that?

Darv

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Most of the watches come with an Asian clone movements. Meaning they're clones of their Swiss ETA counterparts. The clones are good quality movements, but sometimes can use the touch of a horologist to regulate within COSC limits.

Look for the A2824 - A2836 or perhaps one of the 3135 clones. I'd avoid the A2813 movement..

Find the model watch that you like and then look at the movement options. Most of the reps will have differing options when it comes to movements, and price adjusts accordingly.

darvistor

Horology Curious
17/4/18
Thanks gbxx. The watch I want is the 116610ln, so many choices out. I'll look around for movement options and double check the movement sticky.

Darv

Philypow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/16
Get a BK Sub. I’m in a similar situation to you. Not around too many gen subs and those that do own them have them as status pieces. My Dad for example didn’t even know that his Rolex was a GMT2 and my uncle who has a 14060 only bought it because “it was James Bonds watch”

the BK subs are 2836 case so it is slightly off gen but tbh so close that 99.9% of people wouldn’t know.

He installs gen Swiss ETA movement so it will be more reliable than most other standard REPs with Chinese movements.

He carrys out QC on the watches so you don’t end up with a crooked cyclops or off date wheel.

And he’ll even do a platinum paint mod for an extra £70 or something.

By the sounds of it 100% you want to go for a BK 116610. Enjoy!