• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jubilee on a No Date Sub 114060

Quick_Build

Known Member
25/4/17
I have a no date Sub en route and was wondering where you'd get a properly fitting jubilee for it? Or would I have to adapt one from another model?

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
This was never available for a 114060
Only with Oyster bracelet.

Quick_Build

Known Member
25/4/17
Well I've spent a few hours in the last few nights searching and it's more or less a dead end. The only SEL-jubilee bracelet close to fitting would be a 21mm jubilee from a DJ41, even it would have to be modified (some endlink machining) to fit correctly. I emailed a few TD's (and non-TD's) with only one response with a price of $90 just for the bracelet alone.

Sooo.. plan B. I'm going to attempt to make a hollow endlink jubilee setup work. I have a friend of a friend who says they can get me a jubilee off a rep GMT and go from there.. we shall see.

Quick_Build

Known Member
25/4/17
Well I got it worked out - I purchased a set of 550 endlinks. I had to do some reshaping with the dremel, and expand them to fit the profile of the Sub case, but they fit pretty well. I borrowed a jubilee from one of my Datejust's, and the Sub is now a real stunner (even with the stamped DJ clasp). It's not finished yet though. I found a seller providing a solid center link jubilee that's still made to fit the 'old style' DJ's with hollow endlinks, and it includes the fliplock clasp. I will post pics when these parts arrive and I get it all put together.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Jubilee from GMT II didn't fit?

For the GMT Master 2 16710 was available with Jubilee. Ask some TDs if they can source it.
Lug width is also 20mm like on your Sub

Other alternative is a Jubilee / Super Jubilee from a Datejust (36mm)
BP Datejust with 36mm are available with this bracelet.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
As far as I know, Datejust lugs are 20mm aswell... but the size of the watch is different (hence the curvature radius is different and the SEL won't fit properly) but the GMT II and the Submariner have the same size...

Quick_Build

Known Member
25/4/17
Good luck finding a GMT II jubilee. The cheap reps use a remachined Datejust 41 jubilee that doesn't fit right. BP has a nicer GMT II w/jubilee rep out with the correct clasp and most of the correct markings for $238... but I've emailed several TD's to see if they can get just the bracelet, with no response. Right now, my only option is a hybrid.

Quick_Build

Known Member
25/4/17
A preview of what I've thrown together so far. Got a better bracelet on the way. Sorry for the low light craptastic cell pic

RRByHAI.jpg

Reactions: elorghestenes