• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help identifying DSSD version?

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Hi All - can anyone please help me identify which version DSSD this is just from dial and hands alone?

I thought it was a noob v7 (was sold to me as a v7) but when I sent it off to my watchsmith he said it's not a v7 because the movement is 21J (there is no 21J noob I believe)

Pls disregard the bezel insert (I changed it to Gen), crystal (I had it replaced with AR) and OGEV (I had it realigned). Pls look at dial, hands and dw only...

Any help appreciated.

I'm really pi55ed that it's not a v7 like I was led to believe.
a0247ee44e11dcf80cd50bd03efad65d.jpg
1c8506098ddd57a6a661a1b859089e5e.jpg
9a1be60a90c16957540bd668d12844d9.jpg
418945e75f17aedc9e2c49d4b4fc4931.jpg

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I think this is a BP V2 version. If i recall correctly BP is the only one that offers most of their high tier reps in 21J aswell.

Reactions: MrBeasy

MrBeasy

8/2/16
I think this is a BP V2 version. If i recall correctly BP is the only one that offers most of their high tier reps in 21J aswell.
thanks very much. how many versions did BP make do you happen to know? I will also do some research as to how bad the dial and hands are... bit sad that I added a gen insert and had other work done to it already.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
thanks very much. how many versions did BP make do you happen to know? I will also do some research as to how bad the dial and hands are... bit sad that I added a gen insert and had other work done to it already.

I think its the latest version i could find on intime.

https://www.intime02.co/rollie/4129...660-d-blue-v2-1-1-bp-best-edition-sa3135.html

Although they never advertise with the 21J option i know from personal experience most of their models can be bought with 21J.

MrBeasy

8/2/16
I think its the latest version i could find on intime.

[video]https://www.intime02.co/rollie/4129-sea-dweller-deepsea-116660-d-blue-v2-1-1-bp-best-edition-sa3135.html[/video]

Although they never advertise with the 21J option i know from personal experience most of their models can be bought with 21J.
Actually sh!t - This is going to sound dumb but it is actually a v7... I went through my threads again and have both a 21J (light modded) and now this v7 light Franken. I got them mixed up and forgot I replaced it when my watchsmith said the Deepblue he had from me was 21j and I asked him to cancel the work until I bought a proper v7.... which I did (but then forgot I bought it and had asked the seller yo send it to him directly). I was wondering why the hell when I compared what I thought was a BP 21J to reviews on noob v7 it looked exactly the same (damn these rep factories are producing almost identical dials!!! - when they were in fact the same...)

thanks Stuvetjee for chiming in though . I didn't know that about BP 21J offering but it's good they do it.

So anyway the left one is a noob v7 ETA base with gen insert, AR sapphire and realigned OGEV (really happy with this light Franken now)

The right one is a BP 21J with a platinum paint mod bezel - it was at the bottom of the shipping box with my franken ETA base - will probably appear on m2m soon.

I will do a writeup of my light Franken DSSD a bit later.

24a8d8f182238aeb79cc26efce928553.jpg

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Actually sh!t - This is going to sound dumb but it is actually a v7... I went through my threads again and have both a 21J (light modded) and now this v7 light Franken. I got them mixed up and forgot I replaced it when my watchsmith said the Deepblue he had from me was 21j and I asked him to cancel the work until I bought a proper v7.... which I did (but then forgot I bought it and had asked the seller yo send it to him directly). I was wondering why the hell when I compared what I thought was a BP 21J to reviews on noob v7 it looked exactly the same (damn these rep factories are producing almost identical dials!!! - when they were in fact the same...)

thanks Stuvetjee for chiming in though . I didn't know that about BP 21J offering but it's good they do it.

So anyway the left one is a noob v7 ETA base with gen insert, AR sapphire and realigned OGEV (really happy with this light Franken now)

The right one is a BP 21J with a platinum paint mod bezel - it was at the bottom of the shipping box with my franken ETA base - will probably appear on m2m soon.

I will do a writeup of my light Franken DSSD a bit later.

24a8d8f182238aeb79cc26efce928553.jpg

Well that sums it up mate ;) Luckily it turned out well. Never knew noob did it aswell with a 21J choice.