• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stepping down as Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I feel that I have to write here, even being a newbie as I am so please accept my apologies if you consider I’m wrong. First of all I’m really happy occb2 has decided to remain here, as he has been one of my role models to learn from since I entered RWI last November. Second I followed both the sales that have been mentioned. While we newbies have the confidence senior members and moderators are there to protect us somewhat from being scammed, as on real life is our utter responsibility to do our homework before investing money in a Purchase, and to wait for the green light before buying or take prudence if a mod ask the seller for further info. I’m with occb2 opinion that the correct way for a member to question the legimity of a item listed is to pm the seller and a mod, and do not commit thread crapping. As a final thought I want to think about RWI as a big family where us who share this passion are here to share it with others in a fair way. I will support any measure that the admin team consider will keep this family in the right direction. Thank you very much for reading me.

Personally I value your opinion . We were all new once, some people forget this. It truly saddens me when a new member is flamed unless of course it is the most stupid question ever LOL. You are as much a part of this family as someone with a lot longer tenure and a crap load of posts.

Sometimes the words community and family are forgotten. There will always be the brother or sister you don't get on with. The overbearing uncle or aunt. At the end of the day they all find respect for each other. That to me is what RWI is about . If I have it wrong well then I am out of here.

Dino2018

Patron
Certified
14/3/18
Personally I value your opinion . We were all new once, some people forget this. It truly saddens me when a new member is flamed unless of course it is the most stupid question ever LOL. You are as much a part of this family as someone with a lot longer tenure and a crap load of posts.

Sometimes the words community and family are forgotten. There will always be the brother or sister you don't get on with. The overbearing uncle or aunt. At the end of the day they all find respect for each other. That to me is what RWI is about . If I have it wrong well then I am out of here.

Thank you very much yllekp

thehipp04

31/8/16
I feel that I have to write here, even being a newbie as I am so please accept my apologies if you consider I’m wrong. First of all I’m really happy occb2 has decided to remain here, as he has been one of my role models to learn from since I entered RWI last November. Second I followed both the sales that have been mentioned. While we newbies have the confidence senior members and moderators are there to protect us somewhat from being scammed, as on real life is our utter responsibility to do our homework before investing money in a Purchase, and to wait for the green light before buying or take prudence if a mod ask the seller for further info. I’m with occb2 opinion that the correct way for a member to question the legimity of a item listed is to pm the seller and a mod, and do not commit thread crapping. As a final thought I want to think about RWI as a big family where us who share this passion are here to share it with others in a fair way. I will support any measure that the admin team consider will keep this family in the right direction. Thank you very much for reading me.

I couldn’t agree with this more. I have been a member here for about 2 years now, and I still consider myself a newbie. I have bought all my watches from the M2M section. And I have sold quite a few too. I rely tremendously on the mods and knowledgeable members to catch the threads that aren’t “kosher”. Now don’t get me wrong, as yllekp mention, he doesn’t know everything there is to know about every watch and every part and pricing. And we can’t expect him to either. It’s impossible. But what we can do is work together as a team. Together, with the mods and the horologists and long time extremely knowledge members, I think we can do a pretty damn good job. I have made, what I’m considering, some great friends now in this hobby. There are a few guys that I completely bombard with questions. And I’m sure they want to kill me sometimes. They know who they are. But I can’t thank them enough Bc they have saved me from what couple have been some pretty bad buys and some ticking time bombs. Maybe we can take this as a stepping stone back in the right direction. Maybe it’s time to re-evaluate how things are done, what’s working, what’s not and how we can make it better.

To occb2 - you were literally the first PM I sent when joining this forum. I, and I think I can say this for many others, we can’t thank you enough for everything you have done. And/or will continue to do. I was getting PM’s from you on your cruise, I mean come on. The hobby has done a lot of good for all of us. We’ve made friends, same have made new families. Let’s keep it that way and get back to the roots of why we are all here.

Sent from the RWI App

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
occb2 i wish you the best of luck mate! Please chime in from time to time to learn us stuff master ;) . Thank you so much what youve already done for our community <3

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
occb2 i wish you the best of luck mate! Please chime in from time to time to learn us stuff master ;) . Thank you so much what youve already done for our community <3

Steve I learned so much form you and your posts I will for ever continue to read. DOn't plan on leaving right now, But thanks.

Reactions: Stuvetjee

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Steve I learned so much form you and your posts I will for ever continue to read. DOn't plan on leaving right now, But thanks.

Good, otherwise i would dragged your ass back in mate lol ;)

Reactions: occb2

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Thank you Hinclimincli for your kind words! occb2 stay man, times are chaging, people are changing, it's normal to have new faces on a forum and new guys trying to make a name. People will try and make some profit as well but you have to be sympathetic about it .

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
occb2yllekphasel53128 The RWI community is all about people. It will be as good as we want it to be. Its for long time members like you (Rob) and many many more that i tune in every day (often to many times). The knowledge here about watches is incredible. With the down-time on RWI i have signed on to other forums only to abandon them asap as RWI was back up. I feel at home here. I have shared some stuff i have found out on the way in regards to compare with watches etc. I like to give back cause i have learned a A LOT. I have had a few friends and to name i few like Mr. P / Mr. H and many more. This forum will get to its former glory i am sure. But only if guys like you stick around. The forum is just like a big party. You invite 100 people, 10 people will always be boring, two will try to steal from you and one will constantly hit on your girlfriend :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
occb2yllekphasel53128 The RWI community is all about people. It will be as good as we want it to be. Its for long time members like you (Rob) and many many more that i tune in every day (often to many times). The knowledge here about watches is incredible. With the down-time on RWI i have signed on to other forums only to abandon them asap as RWI was back up. I feel at home here. I have shared some stuff i have found out on the way in regards to compare with watches etc. I like to give back cause i have learned a A LOT. I have had a few friends and to name i few like Mr. P / Mr. H and many more. This forum will get to its former glory i am sure. But only if guys like you stick around. The forum is just like a big party. You invite 100 people, 10 people will always be boring, two will try to steal from you and one will constantly hit on your girlfriend :)

Let it be known I have never tried to hit on your girlfriend :) Nicely put D. I see occb2 is now sharing your obsession with the Hulk lol. I am just glad I got a really nice V6s I might go as far as putting a gen xtal in it or one of Sonil 's when he gets the black hole :) I cannot see myself going as deep as you guys.

Reactions: Sonil and velox

Sonil

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
17/3/15
Let it be known I have never tried to hit on your girlfriend :) Nicely put D. I see occb2 is now sharing your obsession with the Hulk lol. I am just glad I got a really nice V6s I might go as far as putting a gen xtal in it or one of Sonil 's when he gets the black hole :) I cannot see myself going as deep as you guys.

yllekp Thanks for the quote. Once I get the prototype for the black hole xtal, which may not be too long now I will send you one for free to check out and see if any good.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Good luck to you brother! I just got back from a year long break...sometimes it’s good to just take a break and reset.

Reactions: sharrkey

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
yllekp Thanks for the quote. Once I get the prototype for the black hole xtal, which may not be too long now I will send you one for free to check out and see if any good.

No need to do it for free. I would love the opportunity to purchase one. The hulk just needs it as the Noob one annoys me. Most of the stuff I have I like out of the box but the Hulk is becoming very special to me I do not know why lol.

I have a Rolex black hole on my 16803 and it is just amazing.

Reactions: Sonil

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I just wanted to take a movement to thank my brothers here. All the PM, whats app, Text message, Phong calls. I didn't know so many people cared.

I also found out I wasn't the only one feeling the way I was. There are a large group that feel the same way and want ti take care of the problem. We need to respect each other in the sales section and in the question section, We have amazing watch makers and ones that are becoming amazing, I am happy to cll them friend and enjoy watching the progress of their doings.

Thank you all for the support and as a Super Mod I hope I earn it. Please feel free to contact me for anything, My PM or my Whats app.

Rob

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I just wanted to take a movement to thank my brothers here. All the PM, whats app, Text message, Phong calls. I didn't know so many people cared.

I also found out I wasn't the only one feeling the way I was. There are a large group that feel the same way and want ti take care of the problem. We need to respect each other in the sales section and in the question section, We have amazing watch makers and ones that are becoming amazing, I am happy to cll them friend and enjoy watching the progress of their doings.

Thank you all for the support and as a Super Mod I hope I earn it. Please feel free to contact me for anything, My PM or my Whats app.

Rob

You are such a name dropper Rob.

Reactions: thorne and occb2

Sub007

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
18/8/14
occb2 I sincerely hope you stick around bro as this forum can be the place we want it to be....And a former NYPD cop can definitely wead out some of the trash that has been going on here :)

We both share the Rolex passion and remember when you went all the way to get that 16600 across the pond. That was 2015 and since then we´ve been in contact and shared many new builds and helped each other out. Let´s stick around and rebuild this place to what it was some time back.

I trust that by giving the good example and treating people the way we would like to be treated we can make this a GREAT PLACE to be. RWI has been and will remain my favourite board.

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
a good read. may the forum be what it once was and can be today.

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
adding........so many good posts about what the ethos of the forum should be. i was in a hobby, aquaculture, for almost 20yrs and with a business i still couldn't declare myself an expert. so many knowledgeable hobbyists out there to learn from and it's just impossible to know everything.

i like that people echo that same mentality here. seems like a beer moment. cheers

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Er... This just popped up on my feed. What happened??:p

Klokkeren

Known Member
24/1/11
I am sorry that you feel like leaving, but I understand. The RWI forum has changed and something has to change. I am not one of the most active member, but I have been here for many years and seen the same thing.

Hope to see you again in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.