• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JJS Rolex 16610LN Z-Serial: First Look

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Our case ?

now i totally dont understand what is going on here

I explained it all earlier. We hadn’t decided how to approach this when I posted that initially. I wasn’t ready to announce anything cuz we still had a few bugs in the process.

Reactions: occb2

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I explained it all earlier. We hadn’t decided how to approach this when I posted that initially. I wasn’t ready to announce anything cuz we still had a few bugs in the process.

Ok ill stay out of this ...i do have a question for you though , if you would care to PM me

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Just to add the lost bit: the guy who contacted occb2 in PM for info, is me.
I have a stock JF no rehaut and (I surely said in others threads around) I'm really not happy with SEL.
Like many of us, I'm a user of other boards and contacted JJS directly but not sorted my problem.
So, after reading occb2 post here I asked him some info about SEL and how to fix the problem, because is very knowledgeable and a real gentleman.
That's the story behind the PM and "the guy" :)

Just to add my two cent: JJS works looks very good to me, surely there is space for improvements like every work, but definitely I'm not the best man to comment that.
The only problem I want to underline is: guys, if you were not ready to accept order or to keep open a communication line with potential customer or curious people, you had to wait to introduce your work.

Surely the presentation on the other board creates a great hype and you should have been ready to manage it.
Jonj480 I respect at 101% your personal life, real work and family commitments, but if you want to play the game, I think you should be ready to do. :)
Not a real critique, just my personal opinion :) hope I was clear and polite and not fallen in a negative translation using wrong words :) :)

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
ginopino, trust me. You did nothing wrong. You asked a question and I answered it. it was ego of people that felt that I was bringing up sore subjects. Please do NOT feel bad. You can ask me ANY questions you want. I will answer it and try too help you too the best of my ability. Believe it so will Jon and 2fake. Wa area all a great family here. Dysfunctional at some times but never the less I wouldn't t trade it for the world.

I have too say that in all the years here I dislike 2 guys. One guy POTUS. Don't know what happen too him. But he was a real tool. The other has been mentation enough and the more I say his name the more publicity he gets and I am one too believe that any publicity is good publicity. But just watch your back from guys who lie and cheat. Also when they get some parts at a deal and when you ask how much are they and their answer is , "Well how much do you want too pay?" To me If I get a crystal at $200 and you need it, you are getting it at $200 plus shipping. Why because that is what we do! So do not feel bad you asked a question. I hope I answered it. And as soon as you send me your. address I will mail out the JF V2 93250 with new push pins. I really think that should fix your problem. If not, Jon can look at it or jensen can look at it. Send them the case and the band together and we will fit your problem brother. OK.

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Just to add the lost bit: the guy who contacted occb2 in PM for info, is me.
I have a stock JF no rehaut and (I surely said in others threads around) I'm really not happy with SEL.
Like many of us, I'm a user of other boards and contacted JJS directly but not sorted my problem.
So, after reading occb2 post here I asked him some info about SEL and how to fix the problem, because is very knowledgeable and a real gentleman.
That's the story behind the PM and "the guy" :)

Just to add my two cent: JJS works looks very good to me, surely there is space for improvements like every work, but definitely I'm not the best man to comment that.
The only problem I want to underline is: guys, if you were not ready to accept order or to keep open a communication line with potential customer or curious people, you had to wait to introduce your work.

Surely the presentation on the other board creates a great hype and you should have been ready to manage it.
Jonj480 I respect at 101% your personal life, real work and family commitments, but if you want to play the game, I think you should be ready to do. :)
Not a real critique, just my personal opinion :) hope I was clear and polite and not fallen in a negative translation using wrong words :) :)

ginopino Hey man. It’s cool. I will shoot you a PM. Just remember that things can change too. I took a new job at a new company a month and a half ago which has made me extremely busy in my real life. Lol. I will shoot you a PM.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
The bezel is reshaped and reground. A gen 5 digit has vertical grind lines in the scallops. TC bezels and the stock JF tend to be horizontal

I saw you posted several macro shots of your scallops; can you post a macro of TC/stock JF for comparison? Thanks.

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
I saw you posted several macro shots of your scallops; can you post a macro of TC/stock JF for comparison? Thanks.

I will try and find some. Most of the pics I have already have them done.

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
I will try and find some. Most of the pics I have already have them done.

You can use the solid gold ST bezel I sent you with my gen gold bezel side by side. Feel free to use for your advertising. I’m very happy with the work

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
First photo is amazing! Love connection between cars and watches. :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: lpl

d.brocke

I'm Pretty Popular
Absolute. I noticed the older the watch got the softer the click got. On my 16710 it was almost non existent. But on the JF it is very replica like. I would invest in a ST bezel and click system on the watch as an upgrade. If you can get your hands on the supplier of TC's PA2. OMG that would be heaven.

ST makes a very decent bezel assembly, though I find the scallops to be more shallow and more 16800-ish.
As has been mentioned...a few trips to the RSC and buffing/polishing and a post '08 model would have shallow scallops too, so......

But for the sake of it I went ahead and had phong send along a complete bezel assembly with my last order.
I'm not sure if he offers them as stand alone's or not but I have to admit: the example he sent me was "very" good both in appearance and in feeling.
Added a gen tension spring and clicker to it and Brother....it's golden.
Looks and feels better than the TC PA2....and IMHO the PA2 is by far the best rep/aftermarket assembly I've ever held.
( and a gen tension and clicker on the PA2 makes a nice improvement as well. )

Last edited:

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Read this entire thread. I’m soooooo confused. Mostly about this picture. that SEL is shocking

498C2C47-34E4-4A6B-9157-1BB4EC899F2Be661589cac94645a.jpg

Reactions: ginopino

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Read this entire thread. I’m soooooo confused. Mostly about this picture. that SEL is shocking

498C2C47-34E4-4A6B-9157-1BB4EC899F2Be661589cac94645a.jpg

Shocking how.? Like slapped with a dead fish out a dead sleep shocking? Or, “I cant believe a Chinese factory would make a SEL that rocks some shocking”?!? This shocks you? I am shocked that you can even find a flaw at 30x magnification..

Reactions: Tucker

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Shocking how.? Like slapped with a dead fish out a dead sleep shocking? Or, “I cant believe a Chinese factory would make a SEL that rocks some shocking”?!? This shocks you? I am shocked that you can even find a flaw at 30x magnification..

Mate. I don’t need any magnification. SEL is not good. It does not follow curvature. It does not recess more at the end. The left side is above the lugs. It looks like it might rock as well... Is this your modified version or original JF? I yet to see one this bad on any modern rep

Now perfect SELs on reps are rare. SELs are not usually this bad either

Yes I was surprised as well to find that flaw at 30x magnification - My crappy eyesight and knowledge needs usually at least x100 - If only there is a sticky on this forum about SEL’s showing you what I’m talking about...

I’m not here to crap on your creation but this entire thread stinks as much the SEL on that watch. What good are those gen parts; jewels etc and spending time on modifying the watch if the Solid End Links look like that?

Im honestly amazed how understanding and transperant RWI has been to HB and JJS considering what went on

Reactions: ginopino

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
What went on? I got nothing to do with HB. I just like watches and like working with metal and try and stay as far away from any drama as I can.

Reactions: spicerub and Maron

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
We are not going to hash up that again. It is a dead subject.

The JJS is a JF and I personally think that the SEL look good for a Rep. Jon has done an amazing job on the cases, I have seen them first hand, I would send Jon a case in 2 seconds for case work.

I was a big part of that JJS thing, I was being lied too by people pretending to be bigger than what they were. He has since said sorry too me and I forgave him. I have been called a lot of things through this but I have never lost respect for all but one guy.

What I can say is that the case work done by Jon is second too none. The movement work done by the movement guy is great. The JJS is a JF that I would and have done the same exact thing too. They just offered it as a watch and changed the name.

My last JF 16610 I loved the case so much I polished off the rehaut and replaced my phong case and built my 16610LV out if it. The real 93250 fit perfect. The real crystal ring fit amazingly and so did the real rolex tube. Yea the real 3135 hand too be held in by tabs but my god. I can put it side too my real 16610 and it looks amazing.

The bottom line is we are here for a hobby us an Hobo. I will not let one guys lies destroy this hobby and my passion. Jon is am amazing case worker and while the guy who does the movements wishes too be made anonymous I can say that he has turned into a great watch maker in a very short time and he also has my respect. So I think that its time too put this too bed and lets all just put it in the past and move on. I for one think that JJS shouldn't be mention here in RWI because it is a sore subject. Lets just say modified JF's. and leave it as that. But lets not attack our fellow moders because they are just making watches which we all love too do. Hope that puts an end too it.

Reactions: electric

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Basically all I’m hearing is the 16610 by JF had great Cg’s and they now suck. The bezel is poodoo in functionally until you upgrade it from ST which is difficult to do, the movement is held in poorly and needs mod’s etc.

I hear the 6 digit isn’t 1:1 so you can’t swap bezel parts and crystal gaskets.

I think the sub rep is a pipe dream.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Basically all I’m hearing is the 16610 by JF had great Cg’s and they now suck. The bezel is poodoo in functionally until you upgrade it from ST which is difficult to do, the movement is held in poorly and needs mod’s etc.

I hear the 6 digit isn’t 1:1 so you can’t swap bezel parts and crystal gaskets.

I think the sub rep is a pipe dream.

Where did you hear that a ARF/JF 116610LN cant have the crystal change with a real one? Who ever told you that is not telling you the truth. You cant put a real bezel on it unless you change the crystal ring but the same runs with noobs.

We have issues here with people who do not work on watches talking out there butts.

People are commenting from what others are saying. They dont even own one.

Electric have you tried too change the crystal? Why won't a real 116610 crystal fit?