• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help on Daytona QC

dennisk

Horology Curious
8/3/18
Hello, this ist my first post on this forum and I´m a total noob so please correct me if I´m doing anything wrong! That being said I have been reading quite a lot on the whole process of ordering watches through TD and pulled the trigger on a ARF Daytona and Noob Sub 2 weeks ago. To this point everything went really smooth and the Chazingtime Team was a huge help.
I recieved QC of the Daytona yesterday and the watch looks good but the chrono hand on 9 o`clock seems to be a bit crooked (see picture).
I don´t know what quality I can expect or what would just be rude to decline so it would be really nice if I could get any advice on what to do.
Since I`ll have the watch serviced as soon as it arrives, does anyone know if the hand can be adjusted if the watch ist opened?
Pic: https://imgur.com/a/v2DfS

dennisk

Horology Curious
8/3/18
I already contacted Chazingtime if the hand ist fixed in place or not. As soon as I get an answer (or sb else on the forum knows) I´ll let you know so you can maybe have yours fixed on next service!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
For the life of me I can't see what you are taking about. It looks great. Can you draw some red lines, arrows, etc. so I can figure out what you mean. Just remember, your next one might be worse....or have a movement that breaks as soon as you receive the watch.

dennisk

Horology Curious
8/3/18
https://imgur.com/a/v2DfS here you go! Added red lines in the first picture to verify that the dial ist horizontal, blue line in second picture shows the angle of the hand.
I know this ist super picky but i guess it´s a "cannot be unseen" kind of deal and i fear that it gets more obvious if the hour hand moves out of the way and the chrono hand isn`t aligned to the space in the 12 o`clock marker...

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
AKV1Ngl.jpg

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
If that is off, it is so slight that you will NEVER be able to tell with the naked eye. It's more likely just the angle of the photograph. Accept the watch and enjoy it.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Up to you OP. You have a descent reason to reject the watch, you also can accept. Before you do though, ask td to run the chrono and reset again. Sometimes they don't reset quite at 0 and it may have happened here. By re-running the chrono it sometimes fixes itself

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Up to you OP. You have a descent reason to reject the watch, you also can accept. Before you do though, ask td to run the chrono and reset again. Sometimes they don't reset quite at 0 and it may have happened here. By re-running the chrono it sometimes fixes itself

The arf has non working chrono.

dennisk

Horology Curious
8/3/18
hmm did arf change there pushers? or is that the new noob daytona?
As far as I know they didn´t change the pushers and it´s definitely an ARF since you can see the difference in thickness compared to the noob (noob has gen thickness).

I have made um my mind and I´m going to take the watch (just don´t want to gamble lol). Thank you guys very much for the help!
I´ll post an update as soon as I know if the hand ist fixed in place or not, so other people with the same problem and OCD as me can have theirs fixed :p