• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob Daytona 116520 4130 clone build thread.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Are you guys really arguing about glidelocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
And on that note I think it's time for a photo ????
c0ffec537bde756f28301502996f4ce1.jpg

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Maybe if people like yourself had the respect to actually read what someone put instead of reading what they want them to have put in their head then I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.

We got your opinion about glidelocks the first time you wrote it. It's your insistence that no one needs to deviate from that opinion that is disrespectful. Encouraging and welcoming others to try new things that might suit them better is a much more appreciated attitude. One you should adopt.

Reactions: Opirata and Rufctr2

lcsrep11

19/8/17
We got your opinion about glidelocks the first time you wrote it. It's your insistence that no one needs to deviate from that opinion that is disrespectful. Encouraging and welcoming others to try new things that might suit them better is a much more appreciated attitude. One you should adopt.

Think you must have me confused with someone else where have I ever insisted you must not deviate from my opinion ? I think if you READ you will clearly see i've said a few times do what ever makes you happy, create what ever fantasy watch you so please. You are literally making things up now.

My first point wasn't even my opinion, its the same response you would get from Rolex if you asked why the Daytona hasn't got a glidelock. I think what you really want is for me to adopt the attitude that you are correct. Sorry to disappoint you. Just for your future reference you have actually forced your opinion upon me, made false statements about what I have said and insisted that i'm disrespectful because i don't agree with you. I guess it works both ways mate. Lets drop this now i'm totally bored as i'm sure other members are also.

Reactions: RobSe1

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Think you must have me confused with someone else where have I ever insisted you must not deviate from my opinion ? I think if you READ you will clearly see i've said a few times do what ever makes you happy, create what ever fantasy watch you so please. You are literally making things up now.

My first point wasn't even my opinion, its the same response you would get from Rolex if you asked why the Daytona hasn't got a glidelock. I think what you really want is for me to adopt the attitude that you are correct. Sorry to disappoint you. Just for your future reference you have actually forced your opinion upon me, made false statements about what I have said and insisted that i'm disrespectful because i don't agree with you. I guess it works both ways mate. Lets drop this now i'm totally bored as i'm sure other members are also.

Here's an opinion that I'm sure many others will agree with. You're a troll, and are henceforth ignored.

Last edited:

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
Okay to change topics from this 'lovers tiff' of the last few pages (and I know this has been discussed).... my NOOB Daytona is gaining approx. 15 seconds a day, is this normal?

Thanks!

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Here's an opinion that I'm sure many others will agree with. You're a troll, and are henceforth ignored.

HaHaHa wow. Put your toys back in your pram mate. You calling me a troll is rich, I think you should look in the mirror.

Call me an a$$hole then change it to troll in a hope I hadn't seen it. Pathetic. I dont have to resort to name calling / swearing its below my level of intelligence, its a last resort for someone to turn too when they don't have an intelligent point or valid comment.

Have a good day sir and goodbye.

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Okay to change topics from this 'lovers tiff' of the last few pages (and I know this has been discussed).... my NOOB Daytona is gaining approx. 15 seconds a day, is this normal?

Thanks!

Seems like quite a lot, maybe worth a service i'm presuming its not been done already ?

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Let's get back on topic again guys and marvel at Daytonas.

Check out my other Franken.

Seriously - I am amazed at how close we can get to gen Daytona these days.

What's everyone's opinion on the need for gen crystal? Given there is no cyclops I think its less needed than other sports model but I noticed side by side the rep crystal looks clearer than gen (but no 2xar). I think for future builds I might sacrifice getting a gen crystal for a gen crown instead.

See bottom photo, left is Franken right is stock noob.

d3c4fe4215841c722098cffc92cebb57.jpg
707eb94a4ac1138ac07a1973cedfcbd3.jpg

Reactions: Nur-Uhr and KJ2020

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14

Thanks!
If you have

1. a caseback tool,
2. a timegrapher or an app that serves the same propose, and
3. a steady hand...

You might want to try regulating it yourself first. It's not rocket science, but it does take a steady hand and a lot of patience.

After regulation on Aug 30, my Noob SA4130 lose about 0.2 sec a day on wrist and gains about 0.4 sec a day on winder so I'll perfectly happy with it.

15 sec is quite a bit and the SA4130 is capable of much better.
9dfc017d808241445f53f97e9bc63ec1.jpg
2aa41a4aaf6a30c1fdfe66b19eadf220.jpg

b6f5a2594f1a20789af0dee5525b7dcd.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Let's get back on topic again guys and marvel at Daytonas.

Check out my other Franken.

Seriously - I am amazed at how close we can get to gen Daytona these days.

What's everyone's opinion on the need for gen crystal? Given there is no cyclops I think its less needed than other sports model but I noticed side by side the rep crystal looks clearer than gen (but no 2xar). I think for future builds I might sacrifice getting a gen crystal for a gen crown instead.

See bottom photo, left is Franken right is stock noob.

d3c4fe4215841c722098cffc92cebb57.jpg
707eb94a4ac1138ac07a1973cedfcbd3.jpg

Stunning 116520 there, OP! That's why I subscribed to your thread as I am closely following your build.
I know that money is no object to you, so yeah, go for the gen crystal and gen gasket to lower the crystal profile and achieve gen thickness overall.
But that stock Noob on the right --- you know that dial has to go. Obviously go gen dial, but an ARF black dial --- while not perfect --- is the obvious less expensive upgrade. And the Noob bezel has to go, too. ARF bezel to the rescue, if not gen. Knowing you, you will go gen. I am waiting for my 116520 ARF bezel to arrive. Again, thanks for the inspiration, MrBeasy !

Reactions: KJ2020 and MrBeasy

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Im looking forward to seeingguru build using Arf dials on the Noob. Arf Dial and Bezel on the noob and i think it will create a high quality rep for relatively low cost in relation to gen. Theres other parts worth transplanting over too. Bracelet, clasp etc but these maybe more of a feel than something noticeable with the naked eye.

Hopefully in time noob will up there game on dial and bezel and it will be good to go OOTB. From what i've read theres not much chance of ARF creating the 4130 movement which is a real shame.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
No matter how many Gen parts you throw on a noob or arf daytona the lugs and cgs will always give it away... This is the real challenge, modifying the case to be as close as possible to the real deal.

Same goes for the subs as well including that grail V9.

Reactions: KJ2020