• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob Daytona 116520 4130 clone build thread.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
I think you can leave your tools in the tool box buddy.

4a9c7ee0ccc34413bda626ba52a32984.png

(Glidelock is king).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Guys i think i have a problem, my Daytona bracelet doesn’t seem to have the last easylink adjustment thingy, I don’t want to force anything, since I’m afraid to break it

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

lcsrep11

19/8/17
You make assumptions about what others like or need. The Daytona "micro adjustment" as you call it does NOT work perfect for small fluctuations in wrist size due to climate temperature changes FOR EVERYONE. If it suits you, great! I will be using a Glidelock on my Daytona, thank you very much.

The Easylink is a 5mm change of length. Changing a pin position on the clasp is a 3mm length change. Glidelock offers the greatest flexibility with 2mm adjustments. It's my first choice on any sport model bracelet, correct to model or not. I use a rep Glidelock on my gen GMT. I suffered for years with an ill fitting bracelet with a gen flip lock. No more.

What every floats your boat guess. I definitely would never use a rep bracelet on my gen daytona or any other gen watch its a massive step backwards. If bracelet is an issue id use a nato strap or rubber b. My daytona has polished centre links for starters and a brushed bracelet on it is not a look I ever want. Personal style choice not saying im wrong or right.

You initial point was why do they not put glide locks on daytona's and I told you its a dive feature designed specifically with wetsuits in mind and the daytona is not a dive watch. Easylink is more than suitable for the majority of people.

Last edited:
Reactions: guru

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
When unscrewing my button pusher, it fell off the watch :/ I got it back on, but...

It’s clearly misaligned because visually it isn't the same as the other. The part you turn on the pusher is sitting further down.

Also now when turning the pusher down inside case to make pusher is disengaged - it goes "too far" down" such that begins touching the side of case.

When turning it to engage the pusher so it can be pressed - it continues turning until the pusher eventually just pops off.

Anyone else have this problem?

Is this fixable? I don’t want to send it back to China because that takes weeks to send off and then weeks to receive, plus $40-60 shipping.

Last edited:

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Your point is ridiculous. The glide lock is for quick adjusting to wear over a wet suit as divers need to change the size frequently. Unless you plan on wearing a wet suit to a motorsport event or the office on dress down friday every week then i think your good to go with the Daytona micro adjustment, most other watches don't even have this feature. I wouldn't go diving wearing my Daytona and the micro adjustment works perfect for small fluctuations in wrist size due to climate temperature changes. I had my watch sized at the dealer 7 years ago and never touched it since. So unless your planning on gaining / loosing 150lbs I think you can leave your tools in the tool box buddy.

Again, the wet suit argument totally misses my point. Think design perspective, buddy. I am talking about the natural evolution of the Rolex clasp DESIGN. The glidelock has been proven to be the most convenient, safe, tool-free, flexible design, regardless of what you wear -- wetsuits included. Nothing wrong with the EasyLink. I know that was designed for comfort. But needing a tool again for the clasp adjustment when you already had the glidelock is counter-intuitive. That's all I'm saying. What's ridiculous about that?

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Again, the wet suit argument totally misses my point. Think design perspective, buddy. I am talking about the natural evolution of the Rolex clasp DESIGN. The glidelock has been proven to be the most convenient, safe, tool-free, flexible design, regardless of what you wear -- wetsuits included. Nothing wrong with the EasyLink. I know that was designed for comfort. But needing a tool again for the clasp adjustment when you already had the glidelock is counter-intuitive. That's all I'm saying. What's ridiculous about that?

Seriously if your wrists are contracting and expanding by more than 5mm i would recommend seeing a doctor asap. I understand why people like the adjustment but its just not needed thats why it isn't on the watch. While they are at is should the put a gas escape valve on the daytona too. No because its not needed or designed to go diving with.

The question you initially asked was "why didn't Rolex use a glidelock for the Daytona?" this is ridiculous because its like saying. "I like the submariner bezel better than the GMT bezel. Why didn't Rolex use the Sub bezel on the GMT ?" Its because it wouldn't be fit for design purpose its designed to do a job its a tool watch. Do what every makes you happy with you reps, create what ever fantasy model you desire.

Ive had my Daytona 7 years not once used tools to adjust the bracelet or even have to use the easy link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rep Enthusiast

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I like to wear watches tight on the wrist and i had some Seadweller‘s in the past. The Glidelock is a wonderful bonus on the watch and i used it several times a day because my wrist also expands and lowers during the day. If you work or lift weights your muscle will expand except your a skinny boy with no muscles.

I can fully understand putting that clasp on a Daytona or whatever - thats what i also will do!
I don’t care if the clasp is for another Model if it brings me so much advantages.
just my 2 or 3 cent...

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
People using dental floss for tighten theyre bezels or putting tape on springbars for better SEL fitment or glueing Dials on Movements, painting Bezelnumbers...so i think there’s nothing wrong putting a SD clasp on the Watch if you like it :)

Oh stop someone could maybe say its a rep, because the clasp is wrong ^^

Reactions: KJ2020 and gb7007

lcsrep11

19/8/17
I like to wear watches tight on the wrist and i had some Seadweller‘s in the past. The Glidelock is a wonderful bonus on the watch and i used it several times a day because my wrist also expands and lowers during the day. If you work or lift weights your muscle will expand except your a skinny boy with no muscles.

I can fully understand putting that clasp on a Daytona or whatever - thats what i also will do!
I don’t care if the clasp is for another Model if it brings me so much advantages.
just my 2 or 3 cent...

Another one that cant read. My initial comment was in regards to the following question....

"why didn't Rolex use a glidelock for the Daytona?"

Ill state the SIMPLE answer one more time only. THE GUIDE LOCK CLASP IS A DIVE FEATURE FOR A DIVE WATCH. THE DAYTONA IS NOT A DIVE WATCH.

Im not talking about all the mods you want to make to your replica do what ever makes you happy. If you want to put a complete fantasy watch together knock yourself out. The Daytona doesn't have the clasp for the same reason it doesn't have a HEV Valve. Or a Submariner / Deep sea style dive bezel. Its not for DIVING.

Reactions: guru

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I agree with lcs about the original question.
In my opinion everybody can do whatever they want.
A daytona on a glidelock is ok. A daytona on rubber is ok too.
I like the Daytona as it is. The clasp is small, very comfy and the 5 mm microlink expansion is enough for me. Love it, helps in the Summer. The glidelock is ok on the Sub and fits to it. I have seen lots of woman which wear a Daytona, but it would not look sexy on a glidelock.....

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: lcsrep11

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Another one that cant read. My initial comment was in regards to the following question....

Ill state the SIMPLE answer one more time only. THE GUIDE LOCK CLASP IS A DIVE FEATURE FOR A DIVE WATCH. THE DAYTONA IS NOT A DIVE WATCH.

Im not talking about all the mods you want to make to your replica do what ever makes you happy. If you want to put a complete fantasy watch together knock yourself out. The Daytona doesn't have the clasp for the same reason it doesn't have a HEV Valve. Or a Submariner / Deep sea style dive bezel. Its not for DIVING.

There will be differences in opinions. A more mature and respectful exchange is more productive. We can disagree without being disagreeable. Name-calling, like "another one who can't read," or that's a ridiculous idea, is uncalled for and counter-productive.

1. If you care enough to read back post #361, this started when I asked mui.richard , and I quote for your convenience: "Pardon my ignorance, but I cannot make mine work. For my own education, how exactly does the easylink work exactly? I mean from your two pictures, I think you showed how to use the Rolex "micro-link." And I know how to do that. I am referring to how I can move the final link along the clasp like we do with our subs. It appears the easy link is not as easy, and would require a tool like the 5-digit subs? Pls enlighten me. TIA!"

2. This is not about slapping in a sub glidelock into the Daytona. That will be a fantasy Daytona. I was referring to the DESIGN EVOLUTION of the Rolex clasp in general, and how I wished Rolex adopted the GLIDELOCK CONCEPT that can be ADJUSTED TOOL_FREE. In post # 370, I clearly stated: "Thanks, mui.richard . It's the latter I was referring to. Yes, as far as the easylink or comfort half-link is concerned, I knew how to do that. It's more of the latter, and I just wished Rolex would have adopted the sub concept where no tools are needed to move from slot to slot. Again, thank you!"

In the realm of possibility, I will not be surprised that one day, the clasp of a Daytona can be adjusted tool-free. In the same way I hope that one day, respectful discourse will rule RWI, and the intolerant and arrogant discourse will be far and few in between.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There will be differences in opinions. A more mature and respectful exchange is more productive. We can disagree without being disagreeable. Name-calling, like "another one who can't read," or that's a ridiculous idea, is uncalled for and counter-productive.

1. If you care enough to read back post #361, this started when I asked mui.richard , and I quote for your convenience: "Pardon my ignorance, but I cannot make mine work. For my own education, how exactly does the easylink work exactly? I mean from your two pictures, I think you showed how to use the Rolex "micro-link." And I know how to do that. I am referring to how I can move the final link along the clasp like we do with our subs. It appears the easy link is not as easy, and would require a tool like the 5-digit subs? Pls enlighten me. TIA!"

2. This is not about slapping in a sub glidelock into the Daytona. That will be a fantasy Daytona. I was referring to the DESIGN EVOLUTION of the Rolex clasp in general, and how I wished Rolex adopted the GLIDELOCK CONCEPT that can be ADJUSTED TOOL_FREE. In post # 370, I clearly stated: "Thanks, mui.richard . It's the latter I was referring to. Yes, as far as the easylink or comfort half-link is concerned, I knew how to do that. It's more of the latter, and I just wished Rolex would have adopted the sub concept where no tools are needed to move from slot to slot. Again, thank you!"

In the realm of possibility, I will not be surprised that one day, the clasp of a Daytona can be adjusted tool-free. In the same way I hope that one day, respectful discourse will rule RWI, and the intolerant and arrogant discourse will be far and few in between.

Well said bro. Sick of the unrespectful force feeding of the only right way.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17

Got it, but imo the Glidelock is such an improvement for a watch they should make it as an option when buying it.

you‘re right its a divers feature but how many People wear it for Diving? I would guess most never go with it under the shower.
I‘d say a Daytona is more used as regular watch than as a racing watch.
Maybe this is the point here

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Got it, but imo the Glidelock is such an improvement for a watch they should make it as an option when buying it.

you‘re right its a divers feature but how many People wear it for Diving? I would guess most never go with it under the shower.
I‘d say a Daytona is more used as regular watch than as a racing watch.
Maybe this is the point here

This is exactly the point. There is no need for this feature on a Daytona at all. Mines barely left my side in 7 years i've been in the sea, swimming pools and showers took it to hot climates like the middle east in the summer and the as cold as the austrian alps in the winter. Not once have I even needed to use the Easylink.

Daytona bracelet is generally considered more comfortable than a sub with glidelock which is another reason they wouldn't put it on a Daytona especially when there is no need for it according to what the watches tool purpose is.

Last edited:

lcsrep11

19/8/17

I never called anyone names. My comment "ridiculous" was about what you said not about you as a person thats why i wrote "Your point is RIDICULOUS" not you are. Its still my opinion simple as that. After repeating myself several times it becomes tiresome especially when a lot of people read comments how they want too as a pose to whats actually been written. Prime example you are saying i have been name calling when i have not at all. I haven't called anyone any names. Nor would I ever thank you very much.

I don't appreciate you trying to make out i've been defamatory towards you by highlighting certain words I have used, taking them out of context and making out I aimed them at you personally in a totally different way to it was written. Not everyone will bother to read back and look through this thread and just take what you say as the truth. It seems like you haven't actually read what was written properly at all.

One last time...

The point here is in the name itself....EASYLINK the daytona does not require tools for small adjustments in the vast majority of peoples wrists. The Daytona bracelet has evolved to include this over time. No tools are required. I get it you like the guide lock clasp as a "design evolution" of the watch but simply put the one and only reason that the clasp is needed on a submariner is because its been "Designed" to go diving with. Theres no need for it on a daytona. The clasp of the Daytona can already be adjusted tool free. It IS possible today

Last edited:

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Well said bro. Sick of the unrespectful force feeding of the only right way.

Maybe if people like yourself had the respect to actually read what someone put instead of reading what they want them to have put in their head then I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.