• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob Daytona 116520 4130 clone build thread.

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Nate0624 the Easylink works perfectly on mine
fecde7599cf063cd976a4d7e98e6cbfd.jpg
9d0039ad11dce0bf15302b1e046b8d8f.jpg

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Pardon my ignorance, but I cannot make mine work. For my own education, how exactly does the easylink work exactly?
I mean from your two pictures, I think you showed how to use the Rolex "micro-link." And I know how to do that. I am referring to how I can move the final link along the clasp like we do with our subs. It appears the easy link is not as easy, and would require a tool like the 5-digit subs? Pls enlighten me. TIA!

Last edited:

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
Pardon my ignorance, but I cannot make mine work. For my own education, how exactly does the easylink work exactly?
I mean from your two pictures, I think you showed how to use the Rolex "micro-link." And I know how to do that. I am referring to how I can move the final link along the clasp like we do with our subs. It appears the easy link is not as easy, and would require a tool like the 5-digit subs? Pls enlighten me. TIA!

First off I'm not aware of a Rolex "micro-link". There are two things happening within the Daytona clasp - the "Easylink", and the three micro adjustment positions.

There Rolex "Easylink" works like a folded half link. It flips open without the need of any tools to accommodate wrist expansion on a hot day.

The three micro adjustment positions is like those you see on any adjustable bracelet clasp, but in Rolex' case the indentations are hidden inside the clasp and would need at least a spring bar tool to adjust.

Which one are you referring to?

https://youtu.be/942TGgWip6U

Reactions: Nate0624

Doc brown

1/11/17
Does anyone know what size Chuck opener the 4130 noob requires? Is it 29.5mm like the SD43? I need to open this watch.

Nate0624

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/16
Fantastic. I've been doing that incorrectly the whole time. My Noob bracelet is correct then. Thanks mui.richard Operator error, I suppose.

Cheers Gang.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mui.richard

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13

Instruction manual that came with my GEN:

14qVU.jpg

14gaq.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Received my black dial Noob 116500 from TD.

Question: does anyone know if the quick release on the Noob bracelet is supposed to be functional? Mine doesn't seem to work.

Some of those are just REALLY tight. Have you tried any lube? Soak it in WD-40 for a while. Also if you have access to an Ultrasonic cleaner, those things do wonders for reps. First thing I do now with a rep is tear it down and Sonic it for 30 mins. Leaves a crap ton of black silt in the cleaner tank.

Reactions: Nate0624

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
I just tried it on my Noob, it worked... opened from short to long, but required WD40 to go from long to short... wont try that again in a rush....

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
First off I'm not aware of a Rolex "micro-link". There are two things happening within the Daytona clasp - the "Easylink", and the three micro adjustment positions.

There Rolex "Easylink" works like a folded half link. It flips open without the need of any tools to accommodate wrist expansion on a hot day.

The three micro adjustment positions is like those you see on any adjustable bracelet clasp, but in Rolex' case the indentations are hidden inside the clasp and would need at least a spring bar tool to adjust.

Which one are you referring to?

https://youtu.be/942TGgWip6U

Thanks, mui.richard . It's the latter I was referring to. Yes, as far as the easylink or comfort half-link is concerned, I knew how to do that. It's more of the latter, and I just wished Rolex would have adopted the sub concept where no tools are needed to move from slot to slot. Again, thank you!

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
Thanks, mui.richard...It's more of the latter, and I just wished Rolex would have adopted the sub concept where no tools are needed to move from slot to slot. Again, thank you!

The Sub's clasp is called the glidelock and yes that's a lot more convenient and requires no tools. But with the Easylink, once the bracelet is fitted to your wrist I just don't see much need for the glidelock anyways.

See, the glidelock is designed so that you could easily wear the Sub over a dive suit without using tools for adjustment. But I doubt anyone would need that for a Daytona or an Explorer.

lcsrep11

19/8/17
The Sub's clasp is called the glidelock and yes that's a lot more convenient and requires no tools. But with the Easylink, once the bracelet is fitted to your wrist I just don't see much need for the glidelock anyways.

See, the glidelock is designed so that you could easily wear the Sub over a dive suit without using tools for adjustment. But I doubt anyone would need that for a Daytona or an Explorer.

Peoples wrists expand and contract in hot and cold climates thats what the easy link is for.

Reactions: stufuse

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The Easylink is a 5mm change of length. Changing a pin position on the clasp is a 3mm length change. Glidelock offers the greatest flexibility with 2mm adjustments. It's my first choice on any bracelet, correct to model or not. I use a rep Glidelock on my gen GMT. I suffered for years with an ill fitting bracelet with a gen flip lock. No more.

Reactions: MrBeasy

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Peoples wrists expand and contract in hot and cold climates thats what the easy link is for.

Mine can swell 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch just throughout the day, I’m always adjusting my glidelock, couldn’t live without one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Yes, I guess I stated rather poorly what I wanted to say all along: for such a pricey piece, why didn't Rolex use a glidelock for the Daytona? Yeah yeah yeah the Daytona is not for diving, but that reasoning misses the point: the glidelock was perfect as far as comfort, convenience, ease of use, safety, etc and you go back to a primitive "tools-needed to adjust" clasp? It's counter-intuitive.

Reactions: KJ2020

Rep Enthusiast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/18
Hi, first of all, you have to realize that rep buyers are not the main clients of rolex watches. :)

In addition, however, the locks are of different lengths and, in addition to the functional aspects, the aesthetics have very likely spoken against putting a longer lock on a relatively delicate watch.

no hard fact, only my opinion

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Yes, I guess I stated rather poorly what I wanted to say all along: for such a pricey piece, why didn't Rolex use a glidelock for the Daytona? Yeah yeah yeah the Daytona is not for diving, but that reasoning misses the point: the glidelock was perfect as far as comfort, convenience, ease of use, safety, etc and you go back to a primitive "tools-needed to adjust" clasp? It's counter-intuitive.

Your point is ridiculous. The glide lock is for quick adjusting to wear over a wet suit as divers need to change the size frequently. Unless you plan on wearing a wet suit to a motorsport event or the office on dress down friday every week then i think your good to go with the Daytona micro adjustment, most other watches don't even have this feature. I wouldn't go diving wearing my Daytona and the micro adjustment works perfect for small fluctuations in wrist size due to climate temperature changes. I had my watch sized at the dealer 7 years ago and never touched it since. So unless your planning on gaining / loosing 150lbs I think you can leave your tools in the tool box buddy.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Your point is ridiculous. The glide lock is for quick adjusting to wear over a wet suit as divers need to change the size frequently. Unless you plan on wearing a wet suit to a motorsport event or the office on dress down friday every week then i think your good to go with the Daytona micro adjustment, most other watches don't even have this feature. I wouldn't go diving wearing my Daytona and the micro adjustment works perfect for small fluctuations in wrist size due to climate temperature changes. I had my watch sized at the dealer 7 years ago and never touched it since. So unless your planning on gaining / loosing 150lbs I think you can leave your tools in the tool box buddy.

You make assumptions about what others like or need. The Daytona "micro adjustment" as you call it does NOT work perfect for small fluctuations in wrist size due to climate temperature changes FOR EVERYONE. If it suits you, great! I will be using a Glidelock on my Daytona, thank you very much.

The Easylink is a 5mm change of length. Changing a pin position on the clasp is a 3mm length change. Glidelock offers the greatest flexibility with 2mm adjustments. It's my first choice on any sport model bracelet, correct to model or not. I use a rep Glidelock on my gen GMT. I suffered for years with an ill fitting bracelet with a gen flip lock. No more.

Last edited: