• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob Daytona 116520 4130 clone build thread.

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Thanks for the update. I also have heard that the steel bezel have better availability

We can only try cuz supply is short. Big chance the available pieces --- if any --- were QC rejects, but who knows what monstrosity the "new" version will bring, he he. It's the nature of this hobby... always a roll of the dice. So we get what we can, when we can.

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
zlth8.jpg

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Wow! Can’t deny the gen bezel and dial and hands totally pop! Huge difference, esp for bezel and dial! Wear it in good health, gabro! Now I’m ashamed of showing my stock Noob 116520 white dial that arrived in record time Friday from Sead...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
@thinwhiteduke nothing to be ashamed of my friend. probably the Prof 2 AR is making the pop effect :)

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.

Domi has my Franken as we speak for build and service with black dial. Can’t wait to see it especially looking at yours buddy! Enjoy!!????????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Who has the best sub will become who has the best Dayto :D !

SliverSurfer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
Ready to pull the trigger on the 116520 white dial. However, Iooking to swap the dial, bezel, hands and put a gen Crystal on - anyone based in Europe (preferably north) that kindly could recommend a decent modder?

Many thanks,

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
I know a decent watch maker in Germany

mein-uhrmacher.com

he did a full service and waterproofing on mine.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Ready to pull the trigger on the 116520 white dial. However, Iooking to swap the dial, bezel, hands and put a gen Crystal on - anyone based in Europe (preferably north) that kindly could recommend a decent modder?

Many thanks,

Domi

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: SliverSurfer

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
Here's my question, if someone was able to throw in a Gen movement on the ARF Daytona, has anybody gotten around to fitting the SA4130 on the ARF Daytona?
I'm thinking about this mostly for the 116520 as these watches came in both rehaut engravings as well as non-rehaut engravings, making it viable for modders to mill the case from inside and shaving the rehaut engravings. Just a curiosity and a thought. Because the ARF is far ahead in terms of material used and case shape, bracelet feel, and other things aesthetically in which the Noob version does not offer. The only thing positive about Noob is the movement... and maybe the pusher shape. LOL

https://rwg.cc/topic/191370-world’s-first-arf-gentona/

Last edited:
Reactions: gabro

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Here's my question, if someone was able to throw in a Gen movement on the ARF Daytona, has anybody gotten around to fitting the SA4130 on the ARF Daytona?
I'm thinking about this mostly for the 116520 as these watches came in both rehaut engravings as well as non-rehaut engravings, making it viable for modders to mill the case from inside and shaving the rehaut engravings. Just a curiosity and a thought. Because the ARF is far ahead in terms of material used and case shape, bracelet feel, and other things aesthetically in which the Noob version does not offer. The only thing positive about Noob is the movement... and maybe the pusher shape. LOL

https://rwg.cc/topic/191370-world’s-first-arf-gentona/

For the money you're about to spend on the mods - GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: lpl

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
yes Domi does great work, but you have to be very, very patient (two month and up)

That’s the part I’m struggling with! Can’t wait to see my Daytona franken????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrBeasy