• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob Daytona 116520 4130 clone build thread.

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
So how did JohnnyDepp manage to get ARF bracelet to fit? I'm thinking of getting a rubber B strap but cost is quite substantial plus mine is 116520 black dial and not sure how it would look with black strap guru

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
So how did JohnnyDepp manage to get ARF bracelet to fit? I'm thinking of getting a rubber B strap but cost is quite substantial plus mine is 116520 black dial and not sure how it would look with black strap guru

You would need to seperate the bracelet and use noob sel in arf bracelet.

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
but then you still have the gap in the SEL

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

The ARF sel is not as wide as noobs. My noob sel is pretty close. How ever it’s a matter of luck when you order. A friend has a noob Daytona and the sel is horrible. Installing a arf sel on the noob case is horrible.

davidE550

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/12
The gap with the ARF bracelet is bigger, try to change the bracelet SELs, 6 to 12 and 12 to 6....if you are lucky, it will be better. It worked for me. I tried 2 ARF bracelets without beeing lucky. So no need to order one. I guess we have to life with this sel until noob comes with the 904 version or ARF puts out a 904 with that movement. My source in China told me that ARF is working on it but nobody knows how long it will be. Could be 5 month or 2 years. For sure is that the Shanghai Movement Factory will sell the movement to other rep fabs, but since noob paid for the development, we do not know how long it is not allowed to sell to other rep factories. I wish we would see a ARF with 4030 clone this year. BTW, the delivery problems of the noob Daytonas is due to movement supply. Now you can build your own mind when ARF 4030 will be out.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Hi Guru, Angus sent me new QC pics and the SEL looks pretty good, if you have a spare arf 904 bracelet are you willing to sell it to me. let me know.
Thanks

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I have read the whole 25 pages, thank OP for starting this and doing a review and all other members with their opinions and comments. I have the Noob on order, waiting for QC photos at the moment and it helped me better what to pay attention about (I am not a Rolex fan, don’t know what to look for, etc.). I will subscribe to this thread and follow it closely. Will update with some photos once I get mine.

update - just got QC (looks good to my untrained eye - bracelet to case fitment, bezel alignment)

Last edited:

gekkehenkie

Renowned Member
21/7/14
It will not resolve the issue, it will be worse

And yes, Angus gets all the rejected watches and shippes next day. If you can’t wait, order from Angus and get a fu..ed up SEL

Sent from iX

Who would you source it from?

Sxrxrnr

Horology Curious
18/6/18
Someone give me there opinion please, I want a fully functional Daytona, has anyone gotten the new noob just released in June yet? If so what's the thoughts on it? Also will the noob except all Gen parts? Thx

Also any word if noob is fixing the case anytime soon?

Sxrxrnr

Horology Curious
18/6/18
Last Question, has anyone put the noob on a scale? How close to Gen is it?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I have read the whole 25 pages, thank OP for starting this and doing a review and all other members with their opinions and comments. I have the Noob on order, waiting for QC photos at the moment and it helped me better what to pay attention about (I am not a Rolex fan, don’t know what to look for, etc.). I will subscribe to this thread and follow it closely. Will update with some photos once I get mine.

update - just got QC (looks good to my untrained eye - bracelet to case fitment, bezel alignment)

Call me crazy, and I absolutely hate to knock anyone's watch but this looks a bit off. I am looking at my ARF and the subdials (talking about the black circles) seem very thick on the noob. Unless the ARF is wrong as the subdials are quite thinner.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Call me crazy, and I absolutely hate to knock anyone's watch but this looks a bit off. I am looking at my ARF and the subdials (talking about the black circles) seem very thick on the noob. Unless the ARF is wrong as the subdials are quite thinner.

Thanks for the comment. I don’t really know anything about Daytonas, maybe is only an impression. Would be interesting to hear what other members/experts think. I will have the watch in hands in 2 week time

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14

The dial on the Noob isn't good, the subdials and hour markers specifically.

Reactions: ssouthall6

ssouthall6

10/10/13
The dial on the Noob isn't good, the subdials and hour markers specifically.

Practically every font on the dial and bezel is wrong and that's just the start. Just greedy using the old shitty dial with this revolutionary movement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blehbleh215

2/2/17
Practically every font on the dial and bezel is wrong and that's just the start. Just greedy using the old shitty dial with this revolutionary movement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finger cross for ARF release cloned 4130 movement and 904 model.
I know it's not going to happen soon...
Still have hope for ARF

Rep Enthusiast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/18
Hi everybody, as this thread is a little bit quite for some days. Did someone actually order one of the new Noob Daytonas with the 4130 clone? I am asking, because Ryan has the watch on his site only as pre order and I may be interested.

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4635...edition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sa4130.html

Also I am not sure what exactly are the NoGo's of the watch and someone may help out with that. It's a little bit confusing to read different things in different threads... When someone is saying "the dial isn't good", does it mean that it can be called out from a mile away or dies it mean an expert would know it's not a gen.

What part would you consider as "definitely change for gen"?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: MachineGunT