• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about Rolex bracelets

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey guys,

I posted this in the General Rep Discussion area but it really should have been posted here. I'm wondering if the President bracelet I got on my BP Daydate is typical quality or did I get a bad one? I really don't see myself wanting to keep wearing this bracelet - it's really rough on the fingers.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...639097-are-all-factories-bracelets-this-rough

On this bracelet, only the outer link sides were polished - the rest are rough cut and bite when you swipe across them. Not what I expected from a higher end rep.

Thanks, KJ

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
Rep will always be rep. That's why we have modders here who can fully execute the work in terms of getting the bracelet right. Look around, there are a few guys here who do an excellent job smoothening the bracelet and achieving the correct brushing also.

IMO only the ARF Bracelets have been spot on for a rep. Even those, I still send my bracelet to modders to make them 'better'.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
OK Thanks Ipl. Looks like all the links would have to be taken apart to properly polish the inside edges. Wouldn't have guessed that not to be done on initial assembly. Oh well. Pretty much a deal-breaker shortcut IMO, if BP always does it that way. Not really acceptable to wear as is. Probably be easier to find a replacement bracelet that isn't rough. I'll look at some ARF's next time.

Thanks, KJ

Have you ever seen an EW Factory Daydate? I'm interested in this one and might try it if I can find anyone who knows anything about them (especially whether bracelets are OK).

https://dtime.store/rl0303-rolex-day...d-box-set.html

Last edited:

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
That's disappointing:(
I was hoping to pick up a rep president bracelet for my gen datejust just for everyday wear and tear, plus I've heard that they wear really comfortably.
But is it pretty much not possible to find a nice wearing one straight out of the box??

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
The daydateii I had was amazing. I guess it's all about luck.

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The daydateii I had was amazing. I guess it's all about luck.

Hi five! Do you remember what factory your band came from? I've been putting off ordering a second Daydate for fear of another bad bracelet. I do have a replacement Pres bracelet coming from another source (a DHGate vendor I've bought 2 Glidelock clasps from which are both excellent, in fact I use one on my gen GMT Master). I will post back when the replacement band comes in - I really like the Daydate watch but the bracelet I got is not usable.

Dino2018

Patron
Certified
14/3/18
Have you ever seen an EW Factory Daydate? I'm interested in this one and might try it if I can find anyone who knows anything about them (especially whether bracelets are OK).

https://dtime.store/rl0303-rolex-day...d-box-set.html

Hello I had a look on it and I dont like it too much. I find the dial coronet too thick and bold, the seconds hand looks a bit short, cristal loupe date amplification looks not enough, the refection on the fluted bezel looks cheap, and the "sunday" writing is not centered, too low. I would say that is one of the most difficult watches to do it right.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hello I had a look on it and I dont like it too much. I find the dial coronet too thick and bold, the seconds hand looks a bit short, cristal loupe date amplification looks not enough, the refection on the fluted bezel looks cheap, and the "sunday" writing is not centered, too low. I would say that is one of the most difficult watches to do it right.

Wow some keen observations Dino, and I would have to agree with most. I think the date magnification is OK, but the date font looks too thick. I could eliminate the fluted bezel with the model below. Sadly my greatest concern is still the bracelet - I would take the other flaws to get a satisfactory band.

https://dtime.store/rl0302-rolex-da...teel-bracelet-a3255-full-matched-box-set.html

Reactions: Dino2018

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
Hi five! Do you remember what factory your band came from? I've been putting off ordering a second Daydate for fear of another bad bracelet. I do have a replacement Pres bracelet coming from another source (a DHGate vendor I've bought 2 Glidelock clasps from which are both excellent, in fact I use one on my gen GMT Master). I will post back when the replacement band comes in - I really like the Daydate watch but the bracelet I got is not usable.
I think mine was a BP. It was a DDii tough not the DD40

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Wow, beautiful piece. Might have to re-think my next choice.

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Those bracelets can be fixed. The only issue is it is extremely tedious and probably not worth it for either the modder or the person who wants it done. I have done a couple of them, and they are a huge PITA. It literally takes 5-6 hours of polishing with a loupe and the tiniest felt bits you can find as each link needs to be done individually, then the whole bracelet needs rebrushed after. In order to make the time worthwhile, you would need to charge so much it isn’t worth it.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Those bracelets can be fixed. The only issue is it is extremely tedious and probably not worth it for either the modder or the person who wants it done. I have done a couple of them, and they are a huge PITA. It literally takes 5-6 hours of polishing with a loupe and the tiniest felt bits you can find as each link needs to be done individually, then the whole bracelet needs rebrushed after. In order to make the time worthwhile, you would need to charge so much it isn’t worth it.

That's what I figured Jon, that's why I just ordered a replacement for it. But hey, let me know if you've ever gotten a Pres bracelet from a factory that was acceptable as is. I don't think that's expecting too much in a $400 rep.

Thanks, KJ

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
That's what I figured Jon, that's why I just ordered a replacement for it. But hey, let me know if you've ever gotten a Pres bracelet from a factory that was acceptable as is. I don't think that's expecting too much in a $400 rep.

Thanks, KJ

The President bracelets on the ARF 36mm DJs are pretty good, those would be the best I have seen by far.

C81001AB-0C57-4738-B9BD-EA6066841AEB4fca97be89194cd8.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sorry, that was a jubilee.... lol

I would think the same would apply to a Pres. bracelet though - if they can get 5 links wide to be smooth, 3 links wide should be cake. Good to know.

Thanks, KJ