• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Factory Top Edition 1:1 Rolex Daytona 116500 with clone 4130 with Full Functions

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
I am far from the most knowledgeable Daytona expert here, but the case shape does not look great to me. Take a look at this case profile.

2F8Yxzn.png

vanwolff

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Germany
Case profile looks more like a Black Bay than a Daytona. It lacks the downwards curve of the lug ends and the case flank is not as rounded as it should be, atleast judging from the pictures. ARF does a way better job - at a way better price point.

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
So disappointing. Can you imagine if this watch had a good case shape and even a marginally better dial? They would not be able to sell enough of them.

We can't even put the movement in an ARF case without adjusting things like stem height. As far as I'm aware, there's no good source for gen-spec cases either.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Case profile looks more like a Black Bay than a Daytona. It lacks the downwards curve of the lug ends and the case flank is not as rounded as it should be, atleast judging from the pictures. ARF does a way better job - at a way better price point.

It wont fit the ARF people claim. BUT will it fit the JF 23J? Or is the crown height also incorrect?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

vanwolff

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Germany
It wont fit the ARF people claim. BUT will it fit the JF 23J? Or is the crown height also incorrect?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

IIRC, the crown height of the JF 23J is incorrect. As pushers and crown stem will have to align, there is no room for tolerance AFAIK. Don't know about the crown height on the Noob 2824 but JF is far superior so it isn't really worth considering in my eyes.

In regards to fitting the new Noob movement into an ARF... until now only the factories and TDs are claiming that it doesn't fit (please correct me if I'm wrong). Of course I am just speculating, but we will see what the hobbyists in our beloved community will come up with. Maybe it will fit with some slight adjustments.

Considering the price point, I find fitting a Noob movement into an ARF is kind of a bad deal... You spend so much money (in total almost 1000 USD) just to get your ARF minute counter tick... I will pass, that's for sure.

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
You might be able to fit an A4130 assuming that the movement has similar dimensions as the Gen 4130. There has been a couple of guys that have fitten a Gen 4130 on ARF Daytonas by shaving the inner rehaut ring, and milling the case. Obviously, it requires a good modder who has the correct tools also as the 4130 is larger in diameter in comparison to the A7750 that's in there. From hereon, you have yourself a pretty solid Daytona.

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
You might be able to fit an A4130 assuming that the movement has similar dimensions as the Gen 4130. There has been a couple of guys that have fitten a Gen 4130 on ARF Daytonas by shaving the inner rehaut ring, and milling the case. Obviously, it requires a good modder who has the correct tools also as the 4130 is larger in diameter in comparison to the A7750 that's in there. From hereon, you have yourself a pretty solid Daytona.

To add, this will require you to get at least the following:
ARF Daytona
Noob Daytona
Gen Dial
Casework Costs to fit Movement
Movement Service.

Expect it to be a minimum $2-3K Franken.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
IIRC, the crown height of the JF 23J is incorrect. As pushers and crown stem will have to align, there is no room for tolerance AFAIK. Don't know about the crown height on the Noob 2824 but JF is far superior so it isn't really worth considering in my eyes.

In regards to fitting the new Noob movement into an ARF... until now only the factories and TDs are claiming that it doesn't fit (please correct me if I'm wrong). Of course I am just speculating, but we will see what the hobbyists in our beloved community will come up with. Maybe it will fit with some slight adjustments.

Considering the price point, I find fitting a Noob movement into an ARF is kind of a bad deal... You spend so much money (in total almost 1000 USD) just to get your ARF minute counter tick... I will pass, that's for sure.

100% agree mate on that. The question remains if the 4130 clone will be seperately available just as the SA3135 for instance. Would be nice if it will be.

Reactions: electric