• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 Clone Working Chrono VIDEO

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Great dial on white version of 116520, but black dial of 116520 the dial it's totally wrong... That's a shame...

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Both the white and black dial 116520s are wrong. The top font is awful, incorrectly spaced, it’s a two tick dial on what’s meant to be a 2016 watch. Bezel is also bad. Doesn’t line up properly at 12 and 6, the slope underneath is far to steep. I’m hoping this case doesn’t have the lip underneath the bezel like the Noob 2824 version. Having said all this it doesn’t matter to me though as it’s getting swapped for a real Rolex dial, bezel and hands. Debating wether to keep it as a 2016 model or do away with the rehaut and build an early 2000’s thin hand version. Just accepted qc’s on a black dial. Still has the SEL issue, But it was the best of a bad bunch. Hopefully an ARF bracelet swap will improve it.

Teenyweeny

29/11/17
I dont think it will fit bud..the ARF crown is too high by about .5mm my guess. But maybe we could drill the case and retap the tube like with an AP mod and get the crown to where it needs to be. Thats assuming the pushers are at the correct angle, my guess is they are as they really look good to me. The funny thing with the ARF is that the inside angle/ curve of the CGs actually looks correct so if we can move the crown down a hair it might actually look good and work....

Honestly, what I would really love to see is if Noob could hire whoever is punching cases for ARF and have them do a 4130 case with the same tolerances. Those ARF casesets are so fantastically awesome, the shape and tolerances are so spot on, Ive never seen a rep case punched to such tight specs, there is absolutely no room for error and it shows. The bracelet fit on the noob prototype looks sad...you can actually see it rattleing around inside the lugs. And like Rob said the rehult is too high and the engravings dont look good....

But all in all this is an epic day for the hobby and we really need to support these makers, so they can keep pushing forward, onwards and upwards!

Could you imagine if they decide it would be profitable to clone the AP 3120? Heck, if they can clone the 4130, they can also do the 3120. Imagine all those rep ROO's with rep Gen spec cases and dials! They could even use it in the 44mm and novelties..omg, imagine not having to spend 4k plus for a decent looking ROO..

what a wet dream!

I think boss noob should hire you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
$700 is interesting. Though I’d pop that movement in an ARF midcase anyways.
Thinking the same. Is it possible without any drilling beside custom movement holder ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Thinking the same. Is it possible without any drilling beside custom movement holder ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am fairly certain an ARF case will take a genuine movement. If this is a 1:1 clone movement as they say then I don't see why not. Though take 1:1 Clone verbiage very lightly. lol.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I am fairly certain an ARF case will take a genuine movement. If this is a 1:1 clone movement as they say then I don't see why not. Though take 1:1 Clone verbiage very lightly. lol.

ARF has a 7750 inside bro

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Inside of the ARF case has an internal lip that will need milling out/turning on a lathe. It can be done and has been done.

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Here’s the thread where it was done. Not many pictures though:

Reactions: phdsjain