• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 Clone Working Chrono VIDEO

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I wonder how the new movement is for reliability.

Ace0nBase

Supporter
15/6/13
This is huge. Imagine if the parts for the movement are interchangeable with gen as with a yuki 3135. Looks to be about 13mm from the picture I saw on the TD website. Not bad for a first pass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
So what is the correct thickness of the real 116520 ? 12.2mm / 12.5mm (4130 clone) / 11.5 (23j jf daytona) ?

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I think the spec sheet says 12.2 mm for the gen, but some guys here measured it at 12.6 mm actually.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Yeah; you can't be too sure how thick they are until they are measured side by side using the same equipment by the same person. The reason I say this is because difference of 0.4mm can be clamping force used by the person handling the equipment as well as calibration of the said equipment and the crystal height

Guys, forget the dial, forget the case, forget everything. If someone offered you a Daytona movement for $600.00, would you take it? I know I would; under macro to my non-expert eyes it looks so, so, so good. Now we need to know is it SA-like clone where parts are not interchable with gen, or is it SH-like where they are. I hope it's the latter

It just happens that this movement comes with a free stainless steel daytona lookalike packaging surrounded by a ceramic bezel and a dial ;)

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Yep, actually, but as you know my friend after a few months them could have problems with movements...

this is already known my friend. Toro announced this because Noob gave him prototype examples of this new daytona. Angus had announced that Noob was going to start working on the copy of the 4130 caliber of the daytona. This news, however, all the Chinese dealers knew it. This Noob project dates back to 4 years ago, but later Noob did not have the necessary funds to make it and because Noob changed three bosses within two years. Subsequently with the numerous sales of V6S / V7 sub noob was able to start this new project. but a problem happened, that angus no longer has relations with the Noob factory because he started working with JF / ARF because those of Noob (after he had helped to create for them the V6S) did not listen anymore and he he started working for JF. Noob took this thing very badly and the relationships were interrupted.

At present, it seems that Noob has ready this clone 1: 1 movement, but there is not yet a huge stock for sale. I asked sead and he told me that Noob released this, but nothing is known about the watch, its final price, etc etc beacuse there aren't any stock actually

Actually all the makers will have access to this movement and we should see big things coming...

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Actually all the makers will have access to this movement and we should see big things coming...

What, who, what, why? Did Noob not develop the movement? If yes, why would they cannibalise their profits by offering their product that no-one would otherwise have. They have an inferior product at a higher price, but based of that movement alone punters like me will buy the watch regardless

TheDonSL

28/12/13
What, who, what, why? Did Noob not develop the movement? If yes, why would they cannibalise their profits by offering their product that no-one would otherwise have. They have an inferior product at a higher price, but based of that movement alone punters like me will buy the watch regardless

Noob is a maker, not a movement manufacturer.

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
So I received these QC pics from my TD this morning, but unfortunately it's not the watch I ordered. I went the ARF route (black ceramic bezel - white dial) whereas this is the Noob version with what I believe to have the fully functioning chrono. Nonetheless, I'm sharing these pics for anyone considering going the Noob route.

PakGAdy.jpg

8MXLz1S.jpg

tN0eaHI.jpg

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Just rejected 2 116520’s due to the terrible SEL. Both of them and the one above seem to have an issue bottom right SEL. Almost as if the lug/bracelet isn’t square and the gap gets bigger.

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
Just rejected 2 116520’s due to the terrible SEL. Both of them and the one above seem to have an issue bottom right SEL. Almost as if the lug/bracelet isn’t square and the gap gets bigger.

I noticed that as well. It's probably going to be a lot of hit and misses for people ordering on the first batch of these models..Good Luck on your 3rd set of pics

Reactions: bill33