• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 Clone Working Chrono VIDEO

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Id like to share this what i believe to be the first video on the forum showing the new Daytona with clone movement.
Video is courtesy of Toro Bravo.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Id like to share this what i believe to be the first video on the forum showing the new Daytona with clone movement.
Video is courtesy of Toro Bravo.

Close. But Dustin posted his 2 days ago and no one believed it was the watch.

All joking aside. If that movement is reliable the price is worth it 100X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lukko

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
occb2

From this video the reahut it's like kind of trash... It's tall, it's "wokky" from this video the font it's like a cheap chinese low level rep...

with this horrible reahut, the bezel and this dial they destroyed the lovely rolex daytona font.

I had waited to buy the daytona arf again because many friends who took this have had problems and after a period the movement has stopped on them. I had waited for the Noob 4130 clone output, but if this is the result i will buy the ARF daytonaHope this isn't the real new noob watch mate

Keylog74

14/6/13
Close. But Dustin posted his 2 days ago and no one believed it was the watch.

All joking aside. If that movement is reliable the price is worth it 100X

Even though i dont know who Dustin is, he might have posted it before me. i actually have the video from wednesday but been offline until today :)

Keylog74

14/6/13
occb2

From this video the reahut it's like kind of trash... It's tall, it's "wokky" from this video the font it's like a cheap chinese low level rep...

with this horrible reahut, the bezel and this dial they destroyed the lovely rolex daytona font.

I had waited to buy the daytona arf again because many friends who took this have had problems and after a period the movement has stopped on them. I had waited for the Noob 4130 clone output, but if this is the result i will buy the ARF daytonaHope this isn't the real new noob watch mate

while i cant assure this is the final version or just prototype because i would need to confirm with Toro, i can 100% tell you that this is a noob daytona with a clone movement inside.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
while i cant assure this is the final version or just prototype because i would need to confirm with Toro, i can 100% tell you that this is a noob daytona with a clone movement inside.

I asked Toro. Still waiting for the email.

I was told it was a week away from shipping and then I see people with it.

Get it. It is a great.

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
$700 is interesting. Though I’d pop that movement in an ARF midcase anyways.

I dont think it will fit bud..the ARF crown is too high by about .5mm my guess. But maybe we could drill the case and retap the tube like with an AP mod and get the crown to where it needs to be. Thats assuming the pushers are at the correct angle, my guess is they are as they really look good to me. The funny thing with the ARF is that the inside angle/ curve of the CGs actually looks correct so if we can move the crown down a hair it might actually look good and work....

Honestly, what I would really love to see is if Noob could hire whoever is punching cases for ARF and have them do a 4130 case with the same tolerances. Those ARF casesets are so fantastically awesome, the shape and tolerances are so spot on, Ive never seen a rep case punched to such tight specs, there is absolutely no room for error and it shows. The bracelet fit on the noob prototype looks sad...you can actually see it rattleing around inside the lugs. And like Rob said the rehult is too high and the engravings dont look good....

But all in all this is an epic day for the hobby and we really need to support these makers, so they can keep pushing forward, onwards and upwards!

Could you imagine if they decide it would be profitable to clone the AP 3120? Heck, if they can clone the 4130, they can also do the 3120. Imagine all those rep ROO's with rep Gen spec cases and dials! They could even use it in the 44mm and novelties..omg, imagine not having to spend 4k plus for a decent looking ROO..

what a wet dream!

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I think you are right... (can't remember where) but Toro said no swap...
Toro confirmed on RG the movement can't be transferred to ARF case. But I think some talented modders here will be able to make it work.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I am really excited to see how reliable this movement is. An ARF modded to fit this movement will be epic! Some one already built a ARF Franken with gen 4130 so I don't see why the rep 4130 can be used given the rep has same specs as gen.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: lpl and Doud

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
occb2

+1000...ARF is the best!!!

Reactions: Timmetje83

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
I dont think it will fit bud..the ARF crown is too high by about .5mm my guess. But maybe we could drill the case and retap the tube like with an AP mod and get the crown to where it needs to be. Thats assuming the pushers are at the correct angle, my guess is they are as they really look good to me. The funny thing with the ARF is that the inside angle/ curve of the CGs actually looks correct so if we can move the crown down a hair it might actually look good and work....

Honestly, what I would really love to see is if Noob could hire whoever is punching cases for ARF and have them do a 4130 case with the same tolerances. Those ARF casesets are so fantastically awesome, the shape and tolerances are so spot on, Ive never seen a rep case punched to such tight specs, there is absolutely no room for error and it shows. The bracelet fit on the noob prototype looks sad...you can actually see it rattleing around inside the lugs. And like Rob said the rehult is too high and the engravings dont look good....

But all in all this is an epic day for the hobby and we really need to support these makers, so they can keep pushing forward, onwards and upwards!

Could you imagine if they decide it would be profitable to clone the AP 3120? Heck, if they can clone the 4130, they can also do the 3120. Imagine all those rep ROO's with rep Gen spec cases and dials! They could even use it in the 44mm and novelties..omg, imagine not having to spend 4k plus for a decent looking ROO..

what a wet dream!

That’s news to me... I was under the assumption that when Noob said clone it was really 1:1. Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t ARF case plug and play with a gen movement?

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
ARF case certainly isn’t plug and play with a real 4130. It will take one sure but the case needs opening up internally on a lathe.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
The video Toro didn’t show you! ;) I’m bringing it to you first. As it seems I’m the only one that has one on my wrist..

https://youtu.be/0yQ6sORjB0o

That is Dustin! LOL.

He is the first to get it. I think it was the prototype. Love the blue spring. They tried to get it parachrom. After finding out that it is just a coating kind of bothered me. The whole thing about parachrom is that it won't get magnetized. To put a coating on it to look like it is stupid. Then I remembered. It is a rep movement made too LOOK like a 4130. LOL. Then I am ok with it.

Reactions: Drifter