• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 16610LV gen vs rep pictural

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Found this, however I cannot post the photos myself as I cannot access the browser version ever since RWI is back.

http://lingmoo.com/html/1201/1201.html?1

ef92a269b78a6b5a48b0ee3343c6408d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
At first glance it looks pretty good but once you really start looking into details there is still a LONG way to go.

Reactions: electric

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
The date wheel is the first flaw they should fix, it’s obviously too thick across all their models.

Reactions: vcappp

antale

24/11/17
i believe that the ln version for the prints on the dial is better, however dw gen and xtal gen are obligatory,
i on my franken i also put the gen bezel assembly with insert gen and the crown gen 704.
The look to my eyes is fantastic.

Reactions: Tvguyservices

anthonygold

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/18
A massive fan of this model, though I am happy to wait till all issues get fixed, if they ever do

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I'd just like to buy one! They're out of stock at the minute (the LN too). Bloody pesky RWI peeps buying all the watches I want!!!!
Shocking SEL on the Gen though, lol. The biggest tell for me are the crown guards.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
That GEN is not Rolex. Might be a GEN Folex. It looks more like a TC with a real band. TC case alway fit their own band on well till about V6. So who ever built that GEN is using a TC case. That look just the way my 16610LV that I had that was all rolex but tc case. That was why I went with phong on my 16610LV.

Also a real 16610LV would not be bevel on one side so much and not on the other. Just not going to happen. Unless it was sent to a non rolex guy to buff or serviced a ton of times and they just didn't do the job well.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
That GEN is not Rolex. Might be a GEN Folex. It looks more like a TC with a real band. TC case alway fit their own band on well till about V6. So who ever built that GEN is using a TC case. That look just the way my 16610LV that I had that was all rolex but tc case. That was why I went with phong on my 16610LV.

Also a real 16610LV would not be bevel on one side so much and not on the other. Just not going to happen. Unless it was sent to a non rolex guy to buff or serviced a ton of times and they just didn't do the job well.

I totally agree sir. I never see that much sel gap on gen. Its def a franken with gen dial,xtal,dw, hands and bracelet.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I totally agree sir. I never see that much sel gap on gen. Its def a franken with gen dial,xtal,dw, hands and bracelet.

Yea, Something is up there. I build 16610's all the time. My favorite. And I use the JF 16610. The older one with proper crown guards. I haven't done it yet but I can remove the rehaut engraving. But with a real bracelet it looks amazing. Only thing I can think is that the case is an old TC. It cant be a fake TC bracelet because they dont fit on a real case. You would have too trim the case lugs to fit a TC bracelet.

So I don't know who JF is trying to scam with their pictures. It is not a real watch.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I have the v1 JF and the rehaut is horrible and wokky. I can’t even stand to look at it. Plus the SH3135 hasn’t worked since day 1. I’m gunna try to sand the rehaut and turn it into a 16800 because that’s all it’s good for.

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
As you can see on this last batch of sub JF CG's are pure crap. Too short...

First batch of 16610 JF CG's was good... But actually are like shit...

Conqueso

Known Member
22/10/17
Great review , can anyone tell me if the serial number (ie date on thet no rehault engraving version , is correct for that model and also the same for the one that has the rehault engraving , also , any advise or preference to which is more gen like the one with or without rehault engraving , thanks in advance

Conqueso

Known Member
22/10/17
And also is jf version still best version on the market at the moment ?