• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Place to get box + papers (for sub 116610LN)

Jimbo1542

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Hey Guys,

Wanted to see if anyone had some insight for good places to look for boxes WITH filled out papers. I know some TD websites offer rep boxes "and papers" but in reality it comes with the Rolex card unfilled. Figured I'd ask before spending a couple hundred dollars on eBay for a gen box and papers. Cheers.

Jimbo1542

Horology Curious
13/2/18
lol Maron, I was suspecting this was going to happen. Everyone needing to know a reason for why I'd possibly want or need them.

Jimbo1542

Horology Curious
13/2/18
For those of you wondering, I guess I had the irrational fear of being asked if I got the watch with box/papers and if I were to say no they would automatically insinuate that the watch was fake. But the more I think about it, there are a ton of trusted websites and dealers that sell authentic watches without boxes or papers, so I guess it's not absolutely necessary to have them.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Hey Guys,

Wanted to see if anyone had some insight for good places to look for boxes WITH filled out papers. I know some TD websites offer rep boxes "and papers" but in reality it comes with the Rolex card unfilled. Figured I'd ask before spending a couple hundred dollars on eBay for a gen box and papers. Cheers.

Why would you do that.. rep boxes are far behind Rolex standards.

for example, i can buy a rep box for £14, with additional £10 shipping to me, so theres £24 net cost. i sell the box with a watch at £36. and the cost to ship a box if sold alone is £13gbp, or £20 to somewhere outside uk.

so for £49!! you basically have a crappy box which would have cost about £4 to be made, and trust me they do look like they were made for £4!

for a higher quality box, basically double that.

I really dont get why people want boxes.. you want it to make it look better? well the box will be the first thing someone could call out. they look fake as hell.

Reactions: Tvguyservices

Jimbo1542

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Why would you do that.. rep boxes are far behind Rolex standards.

for example, i can buy a rep box for £14, with additional £10 shipping to me, so theres £24 net cost. i sell the box with a watch at £36. and the cost to ship a box if sold alone is £13gbp, or £20 to somewhere outside uk.

so for £49!! you basically have a crappy box which would have cost about £4 to be made, and trust me they do look like they were made for £4!

for a higher quality box, basically double that.

I really dont get why people want boxes.. you want it to make it look better? well the box will be the first thing someone could call out. they look fake as hell.

This is a very fair point, I didn't know the quality of them are so poor. I wasn't necessarily looking for something that would swindle a connoisseur, rather something I could just generally flash to prove I owned it. But like I previously said, I think I talked myself out of wanting that since there is a large volume of genuine watches being sold without boxes or papers.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
This is a very fair point, I didn't know the quality of them are so poor. I wasn't necessarily looking for something that would swindle a connoisseur, rather something I could just generally flash to prove I owned it. But like I previously said, I think I talked myself out of wanting that since there is a large volume of genuine watches being sold without boxes or papers.

How about just showing the watch instead of flashing the box.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk

Anyone with half a brain knows a box doesn't prove anything.

If you insecure and worried about people knowing you have a rep then dont buy one, ive met people on occassion that have tried to pass off a rep as gen and they just look like a D.

what you gonna do carry the box around with you?

i assume you mean you would keep the box at home? so if your friends come over.. what your saying is your gonna deceive your friends. cool...

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
If this is going to be a box queen (only legitimate reason I can think of to want gen box/papers)...why not just get a gen altogether? Not like its a bad investment over time...

Jimbo1542

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Anyone with half a brain knows a box doesn't prove anything.

If you insecure and worried about people knowing you have a rep then dont buy one, ive met people on occassion that have tried to pass off a rep as gen and they just look like a D.

what you gonna do carry the box around with you?

i assume you mean you would keep the box at home? so if your friends come over.. what your saying is your gonna deceive your friends. cool...

Little confused by this... You're telling me you buy reps with the intention of telling/having people know its a rep?

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Little confused by this... You're telling me you buy reps with the intention of telling/having people know its a rep?

wow really? yes.. i dont lie or deceive anyone... people who know me know i couldnt be out spending 40k on an Patek Nautilus lol in all honesty, when i first got into this about 10 years ago.. strutting about in Breitling Bentley rep.. i did lie to people i tried to pass it off as gen, but after a few times of not being honest it just didnt sit well. and i felt like crap. especially the one time my boss who was a watch guy, asked where i got my watch and went red.

Its usually a conversation starter for me, fellas are always quizzical about it and often want to know where they can get a quality rep,

Infact where im from, if someone were to like you say "show off" a Rolex they would think less than if you were just honest about it being a fake.

And the vast majority of people who know me know personally know I flip rep watches on the side.

You will find a lot of the rep owners here are not out trying to trick people and pretend theyr'e something theyr'e not.

But if your happy to be dishonest to others and yourself, fire away jimbo

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
eBay is the best place. But you will need to buy the stuff separate probably.

1.) Green box 2013- onwards inner carton, outer sleeve
2.) Green Tag ( Not brown )
3.) Bezel Protector
4.) Authentic Gurantee card plus sleeve ( will not match your serial )
5.) SubC booklet

you than have a full set! Make sure you have an updated insert on your watch or you will be called out in a nano sec.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Wait, what.. This makes me sad :(

I can't imagine someone being so insecure about wearing a rep. Unless you're a very young chap maybe?
How 'bout this:
Maybe if you took a rep watch and learnt to rebrush a stainless steel bracelet or modify small easy parts to become more Franken you'd be cooler explaining a hobby and an interest in all the cool people's info on watch forums? - If you've bought a rep to modify ... That's cool to explain if you were ever asked if your watch is gen or not, isn't it? -
I think so at least :)

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
(Realistically, not many people ever ask. And if they do, it's cos they're watch people and would love a good conversation about your watch, and would be interested to know if you modded it. I've made some gorgeous friendships for if ever that's happened :D

Reactions: RepPossessed

hartdoc

14/9/11
I have over 80% gen for many years. No one has every asked to see my boxes or my wife box (well maybe)

Reactions: RepPossessed