• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Rolex 1675 "best edition" any opinion?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
BP, same case as the Cartel, same dial, different DWO, different bracelet.

Not any better than the Cartel version.

Reactions: johnlogan

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
wow those are 328USD now?

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
The most recent ones I got from BO has a decorated 2836gmt with a super loud rotor assembly!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
wow those are 328USD now?

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

'Decorated' fake 1570 movement, which has added almost $100 to the price - the 2836 clone models are usually about $240.

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
'Decorated' fake 1570 movement, which has added almost $100 to the price - the 2836 clone models are usually about $240.

I really don't understand those factories maybe just maybe they should start improving the case, dial etc. before they make a 1570 deco plate which nobody cares about in a closed caseback watch.

Reactions: Flaskevin

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I really don't understand those factories maybe just maybe they should start improving the case, dial etc. before they make a 1570 deco plate which nobody cares about in a closed caseback watch.

Very easy way to add on $100 to the cost, $90 of which is probably profit.

Reactions: johnlogan

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Very easy way to add on $100 to the cost, $90 of which is probably profit.

true, but on the other hand I believe if they would want to increase the sales volume and not just the price they could easily do that by making a better case and dial. I also don`t understand why they can`t make a case which is on par with the offerings coming out of vietnam and then they could sell them at a pricepoint slightly below the vietnam cases (maybe for 300-400USD) - they would sell tons. I don`t understand why they won`t just buy a phong case, copy it and offer it for half the price, the machinery etc to produce the cases is already there anyway.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
true, but on the other hand I believe if they would want to increase the sales volume and not just the price they could easily do that by making a better case and dial. I also don`t understand why they can`t make a case which is on par with the offerings coming out of vietnam and then they could sell them at a pricepoint slightly below the vietnam cases (maybe for 300-400USD) - they would sell tons. I don`t understand why they won`t just buy a phong case, copy it and offer it for half the price, the machinery etc to produce the cases is already there anyway.

True, it doesn't really make a lot of sense.