• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

-Short Advise- Submariner JF

Lockheed

Looking Around
6/3/18
Hi peepz :)

i hope, everyone is fine

Im searching for a good Sub "out of the box". I searched many threads, and now i decided for the JF, mainly because of the better SH31XX movement.

Now the question: there is the "normal" JF Sub and the JF V2s

Does someone know the difference?

More confusing:
release "normal": Oct 17
release V2s: April 16

https://puretime05.com/submariner-1...f-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-sh3135.html

https://puretime05.com/submariner-1...1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-sh3135-v2s.html

(btw: sorry for the bad language, english is not my motherlanguage)

reckoner777

Renowned Member
10/7/16
Hey man,

Welcome to RWI. Unfortunately you're comparing two different watches to each other. One is the latest generation of Submariner (116610) and other one is the previous generation of it (16610).

Make sure which model you want first of all. If you're looking to get a 5 digit (again, 16610), I suggest that JF is your best bet. However for 116610 you have other options you may want to consider.

Reactions: Lockheed

Dino2018

Patron
Certified
14/3/18
Hi Lockheed, I would reccommend you the 16610 LN JF "No rehaut engraving" as in my humble opinion is the best out of the box Submariner. Make sure a watchmaker does the service to the Yuki movement as son as you get it.

Reactions: Lockheed and occb2

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Hi Lockheed, I would reccommend you the 16610 LN JF "No rehaut engraving" as in my humble opinion is the best out of the box Submariner. Make sure a watchmaker does the service to the Yuki movement as son as you get it.

While it is the best rep of the 16610 right now. I would still do the crystal and the date wheel ASAP. Also the bezel feels really cheap. So if you have the money, buy a full bezel assembly with the crystal ring and click and tension washer. Just my opinion.

Also you will most likely need the SH3135 service and make sure that it is running well.

Good luck.