• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Location of cyclopse on Gen

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have never had a watch with a cyclopse until now. I find that the date is at least partially obscured by the bottom edge of the cyclopse. Put simply I find that unless I contort my arm uncomfortably I can't read the date and it would be much easier to read if the crystal was rotated clockwise slightly (maybe so the cyclopse sat a tenth of a mm lower or something.

looking really closely under a loop it looks like mine might be mounted just the opposite, something like a tenth of a mm above the exact @3

How should it be? Anyone else have this problem? What does a gen come like?

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Yes, cyclops can be misaligned. Maybe you can rotate it 1mm and be ok. You can even take off the cyclops with heat and re-position it using uv cement which is clear, but requires a special something to cure it to make sure it turns out clear. Gens are typically better but even those can be slightly misaligned.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Get a new crystal. I would go for a real one if you can. You didn't give much detail but if it is a rolex spec crystal there is a lot of crystal makers and they are not too expensive. If you are looking for an AR coating crystal to get the black hole effect then I would shoot for a real one.