• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona with clone movement

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
Can we get some comments on the accuracy of the dial and case shape rather than the price and 316 rather than 904? Seems like just yesterday folks were saying 904 was pointless and not worth paying extra for...

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Toro already said that the Noob movement cannot be dropped into the ARF case, so that eliminates the idea of combining the best of both watches into one. Noob buyers will be stuck with the Noob case. Need more hard information: thickness would be nice.

Reactions: d39918

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Toro already said that the Noob movement cannot be dropped into the ARF case, so that eliminates the idea of combining the best of both watches into one. Â* Noob buyers will be stuck with the Noob case. Â*Need more hard information: thickness would be nice. Â*

Gen 4130 can be put in the ARF case though. Makes me wonder if the Noob clone isn't as much as a clone as it says it is. Or maybe he is talking plug and play swap. If that is the case, it certainly can be swapped into an ARF.

Reactions: d39918

d39918

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/5/16
Toro already said that the Noob movement cannot be dropped into the ARF case, so that eliminates the idea of combining the best of both watches into one.   Noob buyers will be stuck with the Noob case.  Need more hard information: thickness would be nice.  

Looks thicker than gen, i’m suspicious for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Toro already said that the Noob movement cannot be dropped into the ARF case, so that eliminates the idea of combining the best of both watches into one. Â* Noob buyers will be stuck with the Noob case. Â*Need more hard information: thickness would be nice. Â*

He just sells the things. He's not a modder.

Reactions: phdsjain and brane

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Lets hope its even worth buying. Lets pray for no brittle 4130 clone parts. 

Yes no TDs have offered it yet. I’m really curious why not one pic has the chronos running. Since the V8 Subs are 904L so why not this pricey Daytona. This is what can bring Noob back to the top. We need more pics and videos.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Gen 4130 can be put in the ARF case though. Makes me wonder if the Noob clone isn't as much as a clone as it says it is. Or maybe he is talking plug and play swap. If that is the case, it certainly can be swapped into an ARF.Â*

Exactly my thoughts mate.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Can we get some comments on the accuracy of the dial and case shape rather than the price and 316 rather than 904? Seems like just yesterday folks were saying 904 was pointless and not worth paying extra for...

I find the ARF dial more crisp in terms of text. Also the noob SEL is bad.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I'm not really a Daytona guy but my god, this is a big plus for the Rolex rep world. If this is true, a working, 1 to 1 rep of a rolex 4130! That is so freaking cool on so many levels.

Now with the price. How many of us were buying TC's a few years ago for over $500. Heck I have seen them on forums for $1000 bucks. That is with an A2824! This is really amazing if real. Think. Get a real dial, get real hands, real crystal and if it all fits the movement perfectly and the case. You cant find one of these at a rolex dealer. Again. Really cool.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Toro confirmed noob daytona will be available in few days ready to ship and it will take a gen dial.

Initial observations ARF dial/ bezel /bracelet and overall finishing looks better... ( I do own the arf version..lol) trying not be biased...

Noob obviously with the new movement have upper hand but as an overall product out the box arf superior.

These are just initial observations....based on couple of photos posted.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
I'm not really a Daytona guy but my god, this is a big plus for the Rolex rep world. If this is true, a working, 1 to 1 rep of a rolex 4130! That is so freaking cool on so many levels.

Now with the price. How many of us were buying TC's a few years ago for over $500. Heck I have seen them on forums for $1000 bucks. That is with an A2824! This is really amazing if real. Think. Get a real dial, get real hands, real crystal and if it all fits the movement perfectly and the case. You cant find one of these at a rolex dealer. Again. Really cool.

This.

How may of us still buying a crappy 7750 with sec at 12 of AP's royal oak offshore for over 550/600$?

That's an huge improvement for a rep wolrd. (A "cheap" investiment of 2$ milion dollars..)

Sure,i hope that it will be reliable also..

Reactions: m5smg2

old_man

Renowned Member
23/2/14
With the limited pictures we have, I can see that the pushers are nicer than ARF, the dial text are (but not the subdial printing) and I think it's got a nicer shade of black on the ceramics (not TOO sure on this one). ARF comes out top in all other aspects. If noob's got gen thickness, I'd probably consider using that extra $200 and source a jf/noob caseback for the ARF.

But these are just speculations for now until we get more pics.

Written on the edge of my seat for more pics.

Reactions: botsyboy

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
So from what everyone has said thus far, it sounds like:

- The case shape is pretty good
- The dial text is a little fuzzy, not as good as ARF
- The pushers are a little better than ARF

I am really, really hoping that when we see the first ones arrive at our TDs that they have better dials. That would make it an obvious buy.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Yes the pushers are excellent overall

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
This.

How may of us still buying a crappy 7750 with sec at 12 of AP's royal oak offshore for over 550/600$?

That's an huge improvement for a rep wolrd. (A "cheap" investiment of 2$ milion dollars..)

Sure,i hope that it will be reliable also..

I still wonder if we can mod the movement into the ARF case. Toro says its not possible, but we have some creative skilled modders around here ;)

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
The platona is garbage since the subdials aren't individual starburts, such a shame

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
+1 yes, that platona dial does not have individually brushed subdials. If Noob corrected that, it would be the first one I would buy.

Reactions: TheDonSL

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I would def buy the platona Noob if the dial is correct, SEL correct, and steel material is 904.