• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Oysterflex Quality & Sizing

bclad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/17
AZ
Okay so I have been searching for this for awhile now. Do any of the factories produce a decent quality oysterflex bracelet? Also, does anyone know how to size them? Based on the rolex charts they are quite confusing trying to measure mm to their ED-EH scale. Wish they made their sizing scale more like Everest bands... where you just count the links.

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Whats your wrist size?

brane

Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
6.5 by any chance?

bclad

12/6/17
AZ
Sorry, not sure why the message posted twice and I don't see an option to delete. Anyways, I remeasured my wrist today and it actually came out to exactly 6.5 inches snug. On a submariner I run 5 links on each side.

brane

Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Nice, grab a EE & an EF. That's what I use. :) EF for the 12 O'Clock size & EE for the 6.

bclad

12/6/17
AZ
Nice, who did you source it from? Also, how is the quality?

On a side not I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing the weird Â* when typing.

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
Sorry to bring up an old thread - did you ever find a suitable oysterflex bracelet?

7" wrist but maybe use a sub glidelock clasp...

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Just received this about 1h ago and finding it difficult to adjust the bracelet. Which side supposed to be shorter? 12 or 6 o clock?

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
Just received this about 1h ago and finding it difficult to adjust the bracelet. Which side supposed to be shorter? 12 or 6 o clock?

Shorter side is usually the 6 o’clock side.
Based on the blurry picture - it looks like you have 4 links on 6 o’clock = D or E. The 12 o’clock side is harder to judge since you’re using the dive extension, but probably and E, F, or G

For reference I have a D+half link on 6 o’clock and an F on the 12 o’clock… My oyster links = 4 and 6

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Shorter side is usually the 6 o’clock side.
Based on the blurry picture - it looks like you have 4 links on 6 o’clock = D or E. The 12 o’clock side is harder to judge since you’re using the dive extension, but probably and E, F, or G

For reference I have a D+half link on 6 o’clock and an F on the 12 o’clock… My oyster links = 4 and 6

Thank you very much for the answer, yes I’ve got 4 at the 6 o clock side and 4 and half at 12 o’clock, it is okay for now I think, and I really am very happy with this, this thing is beautiful, bezel action is better than a gen subs that I’ve experienced I think. I can’t seem to like submariners for some reason but this is proportionally much better to my eyes than the subs, also ordered vsf 41 sub, let’s see how it turns out to feel like in flesh