• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Band on Gen 116710 (GMT-Master II)

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
Can someone chime in if ARF Bracelet will fit Plug and Play on the 116710LN? I'm looking to keep my bracelet from scratches as the PCL is going to bug me after months of daily wear.
Which ARF Bracelet should I order?

Thanks

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Arf bracelet is a hair less wider than gen, will wiggle from side to side tho ever so slightly. If a non snug sel fit doesnt bother you then by all means go ahead. Though at that point Id just buy the daytona, $200 for a bracelet alone vs 450 for a watch set not really worth it for me.

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
Though at that point Id just buy the daytona, $200 for a bracelet alone vs 450 for a watch set not really worth it for me.

Tough mentality. At the end of the day, we look at it as $150 bracelet vs $500 watch. But in reality, it's a $150 bracelet on a $8500-9000 watch. I need something that won't bother my OCD. My ARF PCL bands (both DJ and Daytona) have scratches from 2-3 months of wear. I could only imagine how painful that'll be on the gen.

couvreur

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/6/12
Tough mentality. At the end of the day, we look at it as $150 bracelet vs $500 watch. But in reality, it's a $150 bracelet on a $8500-9000 watch. I need something that won't bother my OCD. My ARF PCL bands (both DJ and Daytona) have scratches from 2-3 months of wear. I could only imagine how painful that'll be on the gen.
Honestly, I would not change the gen bracelet for a rep on mine, it's too damn perfect , and I am not sure the Rep would adjust to the micrometer like the Gen. if you are really that concerned about potential small marks, I would suggest other methods like a protective layer on the buckle, and you should be good to go!

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I have the real deal on my 116710LN and I have seen the noob V7 or what ever last years was, not the ARF, and I can tell you that the feel is different. As was the noob V7 116610. But looks wise, looks the same. No one would know the difference ascetically. But the SEL fit is the question? I would say it will be close.

I have an ARF 126600 and I can tell you that that band feels amazing.

I would just keep your real one on. There are a lot of threads on keeping them beautiful and there is alway 3m clear wrap for the clasp. Good luck.

Reactions: lpl

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
ARF daytona PCL Bracelet will fit with some modifications to the SELs. They sit a tad too high and wont let the bezel move.

Or you can replace the SELs of the ARF Daytona with the SELs of the Noob GMT and it'll work. Its what I did on my GMT Franken.

The ARF Daytona 904 bracelet is >>> noob gmt bracelet.

Reactions: lpl

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
ARF daytona PCL Bracelet will fit with some modifications to the SELs. They sit a tad too high and wont let the bezel move.

Or you can replace the SELs of the ARF Daytona with the SELs of the Noob GMT and it'll work. Its what I did on my GMT Franken.

The ARF Daytona 904 bracelet is >>> noob gmt bracelet.

PM-ing you, again. I love my ARF Daytona Bracelet + Clasp.

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
Had a fairly similar idea and found this thread. Instead of an oyster bracelet with PCL, I am thinking of using the ARF 116610 bracelet on a gen 116710LN for that brushed look.

How would you guys rate the feasibility of this mod?

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
I've tried fitting my ARF Daytona bracelet, but indeed, the SEL are too high and will block the bezel action. My ARF Datejust Oyster and Jubilee both fit perfectly however, no play, np gap, bezel can turn. As mine is a 16710, fit might be slightly different on a 116710, but I'd give it a shot. I've heard from a mate that it fitted his noob batman.
Z06AQ.jpg

Reactions: Jouke

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
ARF Daytona bracelet fits like crap on the noob chs 116710. I had to make a hybrid taking the ARF clasp plus screwable links either side and added it to the noob bracelet end links on either side.

Longwood probably has a view on this also.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
ARF Daytona bracelet fits like crap on the noob chs 116710. I had to make a hybrid taking the ARF clasp plus screwable links either side and added it to the noob bracelet end links on either side.

Longwood probably has a view on this also.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It Will not fit proper, its not a 78200 end link which the GMT case uses. You could mod the end link to sit close.... Or you could build a ARF bracelet with a noob endlink :)!

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
It Will not fit proper, its not a 78200 end link which the GMT case uses. You could mod the end link to sit close.... Or you could build a ARF bracelet with a noob endlink :)!

Longwood is doing some awesome work on bracelets. Don’t be shy buddy show some of it off.

As well as that beautiful BLNR! Best franken build I’ve seen.

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Can someone chime in if ARF Bracelet will fit Plug and Play on the 116710LN? I'm looking to keep my bracelet from scratches as the PCL is going to bug me after months of daily wear.
Which ARF Bracelet should I order?

Thanks

Just get your gen polished every now and then (not too often) its like getting a new watch and fairly inexpensive. These watches are meant to be worn enjoy it don't worry about scratches.