• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superfranken SubC 116610LN Project

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
I did sell a GMT franken awhile back. have since done another with the sh3185 hybrid movement that solves all the reliability issues of the CHS movement. I think i have a build thread of that one on here somewhere.

Yep, Omega franken builds are rare imo because of the parts and their price points. Since the parts are hard to come by, they are pricier, and in most cases, almost cheaper to just buy the gen. Not sure about Tudors, as Ive never really looked into frankening them.

Thanks, looked like a sweet watch you let go of. Ah gotcha, I'll have a lil search for that shortly, guessing you spent near if not more than I have for my sh build in this watch?

Thanks once again, shame really. Doesn't make Omegas any less attractive to be honest though and I guess Rollie's decision should force factories (one can hope) to improve silly little things like dark inserts on Subs etc

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
And so....drum roll....:D thank you ado213 for a fkin amazing job, hope you're enjoying your holidays mate! Also, not forgetting andrei01 for his amazing bracelet job :D Almost forgot to mention those others who helped me get some of the external parts: Sub007 kcireseals d39918
smoke minwas

Lastly, occb2 once again for your advice with the inside, I know I keep praising you but just need to thank you one last time :)
Sorry for quality of pics, I only have a 6S, not some snazzy DSLR cam :( but still...it looks so great, defo gonna pick up a gen at some point next year. Words can't explain how buttery smooth the winding is compared to the rep stuff I have had before, even with the Swiss ETA I had inside. Might have cost a kidney but damn I have loved this year long project and franken. Would do I anything else? To be honest, no. The bracelet feels great and looks great (not sure how long that will last haha).

I know smoke you got basically a gen in parts all together and this probably cost me more, but I want to see your end result soon :)

PjVh1rG.jpg

sqQQseY.jpg

x8Izbde.jpg

r0t7BQT.jpg

XTnuGC8.jpg

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Wow this is the first batch v6s with the more visable Rehaut engraving but not as shiny so a fair trade off. Great watch looks gen.congrats brother happy for ya enjoy

Reactions: androme

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Wow this is the first batch v6s with the more visable Rehaut engraving but not as shiny so a fair trade off. Great watch looks gen.congrats brother happy for ya enjoy

Thanks bud. So glad I didn't just part it all out back then and stuck with it. Has been fun trying to acquire parts. On side note, is it even worth trying to get rehaut more shiny? Look forward to seeing your build mate!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Thanks bud. So glad I didn't just part it all out back then and stuck with it. Has been fun trying to acquire parts. On side note, is it even worth trying to get rehaut more shiny? Look forward to seeing your build mate!

We tried to shine the Rehaut of these first batch v6s subs but it destroyed the engraving and flattened them also made it much less visable
so no it doesn't work

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The Rehaut is the only thing that has never been ripped perfectly

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
We tried to shine the Rehaut of these first batch v6s subs but it destroyed the engraving and flattened them also made it much less visable
so no it doesn't work

Ah gotcha thanks bud!

Luizin2004

Renowned Member
11/1/11
Just opened your post and was looking at the post and wife walked past and with out even breaking stride she was like NOPE don't even think about it....LOL. looks great.

So, wives just change the address...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Reactions: Dave1991

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Congrats mate.

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Thanks all. Insert fell off shortly after so have just bought a full gen assembly...will update pics soon :)

Also received a PM, not for sale sorry! This is my baby :)

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Congrats on this awesome build, androme! You ticked all the boxes, from advice from Rob and Smoke, sourcing parts from Sub, etc. and including having it done by Ado!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Any updates?

It needs a bit of work but full gen bezel is on. I was waiting on a few parts like gen click springs and rotor but think I'm just going to send to get some work done - dial has sunk to the left, needs PR looked at and needs some polishing due to marks. Nonetheless, here are a few pics but haven't taken too many as want to wait until I have a final final product I'm happy with.

VFX88a.jpg

VFXN4f.jpg

VFXiyy.jpg

VFXFGX.jpg

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
It needs a bit of work but full gen bezel is on. I was waiting on a few parts like gen click springs and rotor but think I'm just going to send to get some work done - dial has sunk to the left, needs PR looked at and needs some polishing due to marks. Nonetheless, here are a few pics but haven't taken too many as want to wait until I have a final final product I'm happy with.

Looks stunning, mate!