No announcement yet.

Superfranken SubC 116610LN Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see the result. Great build!

Comment

Originally posted by occb2 View Post
      The clasp was $1100 dollars. I couldn't find one cheaper. My rolex guy could had got a full bracelet for $1700 I needed a clasp. I was bidding on that busted clasp on ebay but someone went nuts and it went for over $1100 dollars for a broke clasp. Crazy. So I broke down and just hand to buy a clasp for the price they asked. I saw two on ebay in Europe for $1400 so I guess mine was ok.
      Thanks Rob, that's not bad to be honest. Aren't parts etc only going to get more expensive I think I read that parts will now only be on exchange basis, would this include things like bracelets etc?
      For Sale: RARE Superfranken 116610LN Noob V6S w/ Hybrid Gen-SH3135

SH3135 Essential Upgrades Thread

Build Thread for Superfranken SubC 116610LN Noob V6S

Comment

Originally posted by androme View Post

Thanks Rob, that's not bad to be honest. Aren't parts etc only going to get more expensive I think I read that parts will now only be on exchange basis, would this include things like bracelets etc?
        according to one of my suppliers, bracelets wont be on an exchange basis, but he said he will most likely need a serial number for the watch it is going on. Stock up on everything now. Its going to become like Omega very soon
        I buy broken watches

SH3185 GMT 116710 Build
        ARF 904 Steel Testing

Comment

Originally posted by 2fake4u View Post

according to one of my suppliers, bracelets wont be on an exchange basis, but he said he will most likely need a serial number for the watch it is going on. Stock up on everything now. Its going to become like Omega very soon
          Thanks fella for the heads up! I'm thinking for the near future after this project to either start a bluesy franken or follow I think in your footsteps with a GMT build I think you sold few months ago? (Correct me if I'm wrong) the Pepsi GMT I saw at Baselworld this year really made my jaw drop and spike my interest in the GMTs where as previously I neither liked them nor even the Pepsi dial tone insert. Related to your end point, I guess that's why I hardly see any Onega franken builds? Would this be the same case with the Tudors too?

Comment

Thanks fella for the heads up! I'm thinking for the near future after this project to either start a bluesy franken or follow I think in your footsteps with a GMT build I think you sold few months ago? (Correct me if I'm wrong) the Pepsi GMT I saw at Baselworld this year really made my jaw drop and spike my interest in the GMTs where as previously I neither liked them nor even the Pepsi dial tone insert. Related to your end point, I guess that's why I hardly see any Onega franken builds? Would this be the same case with the Tudors too?
            I did sell a GMT franken awhile back. have since done another with the sh3185 hybrid movement that solves all the reliability issues of the CHS movement. I think i have a build thread of that one on here somewhere.

Yep, Omega franken builds are rare imo because of the parts and their price points. Since the parts are hard to come by, they are pricier, and in most cases, almost cheaper to just buy the gen. Not sure about Tudors, as Ive never really looked into frankening them.
            I buy broken watches

SH3185 GMT 116710 Build
            ARF 904 Steel Testing

Comment

Originally posted by 2fake4u View Post

I did sell a GMT franken awhile back. have since done another with the sh3185 hybrid movement that solves all the reliability issues of the CHS movement. I think i have a build thread of that one on here somewhere.

Yep, Omega franken builds are rare imo because of the parts and their price points. Since the parts are hard to come by, they are pricier, and in most cases, almost cheaper to just buy the gen. Not sure about Tudors, as Ive never really looked into frankening them.
              Thanks, looked like a sweet watch you let go of. Ah gotcha, I'll have a lil search for that shortly, guessing you spent near if not more than I have for my sh build in this watch?

Thanks once again, shame really. Doesn't make Omegas any less attractive to be honest though and I guess Rollie's decision should force factories (one can hope) to improve silly little things like dark inserts on Subs etc

Comment

And so....drum roll.... thank you ado213 for a fkin amazing job, hope you're enjoying your holidays mate! Also, not forgetting andrei01 for his amazing bracelet job Almost forgot to mention those others who helped me get some of the external parts: Sub007 kcireseals d39918
                smoke minwas

Lastly, occb2 once again for your advice with the inside, I know I keep praising you but just need to thank you one last time
                Sorry for quality of pics, I only have a 6S, not some snazzy DSLR cam but still...it looks so great, defo gonna pick up a gen at some point next year. Words can't explain how buttery smooth the winding is compared to the rep stuff I have had before, even with the Swiss ETA I had inside. Might have cost a kidney but damn I have loved this year long project and franken. Would do I anything else? To be honest, no. The bracelet feels great and looks great (not sure how long that will last haha).

I know smoke you got basically a gen in parts all together and this probably cost me more, but I want to see your end result soon

Comment

Wow this is the first batch v6s with the more visable Rehaut engraving but not as shiny so a fair trade off. Great watch looks gen.congrats brother happy for ya enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by smoke View Post
                    Wow this is the first batch v6s with the more visable Rehaut engraving but not as shiny so a fair trade off. Great watch looks gen.congrats brother happy for ya enjoy
                    Thanks bud. So glad I didn't just part it all out back then and stuck with it. Has been fun trying to acquire parts. On side note, is it even worth trying to get rehaut more shiny? Look forward to seeing your build mate!

Comment

Thanks bud. So glad I didn't just part it all out back then and stuck with it. Has been fun trying to acquire parts. On side note, is it even worth trying to get rehaut more shiny? Look forward to seeing your build mate!
                      We tried to shine the Rehaut of these first batch v6s subs but it destroyed the engraving and flattened them also made it much less visable
                      so no it doesn't work

Comment

The Rehaut is the only thing that has never been ripped perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by smoke View Post

We tried to shine the Rehaut of these first batch v6s subs but it destroyed the engraving and flattened them also made it much less visable
                          so no it doesn't work
                          Ah gotcha thanks bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1991
                            Just opened your post and was looking at the post and wife walked past and with out even breaking stride she was like NOPE don't even think about it....LOL. looks great.
                            So, wives just change the address...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats and and enjoy wearing it !

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

great watch. really a nice job.

Comment

Working...
                                X