• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Custom rolex dial - new project

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
I can just imagine someone saying hey nice watch and then saying... is that snow white snorting coke?? then thinking... why?

I just dont see the point, at all, maybe its lost on me i dunno

Dont get me wrong im not adverse to cocaine, but i just cant fathom why anyone would think thats a cool thing to do by putting a picture of snow white snorting coke onto a (fake) rolex.

Ive seen a dj with a star wars dial and mickey mouse dial, but i dont see the message this is trying to give.

maybe a teenager who has just started taking coke might think its badass.

Don't take me wrong, but i'm quite on the oposite side here. I don't endorse the use of drugs or feel related to them in any way but the image and the whole watch in fact just looks cool.

Not only this but the ideea itself, of snow white snorting some coke is let's say at least intriguing. The contrast between her cartoon life putiry and what she's doing to me it's just modern art :) And the colors go nicely with the silver dial as well imo .

Idk why you had to bring up the '(fake)' in all of this. We love fakes around here, that's what we do :) And gifting a gen rolex would be out of my reach now .

I wanted to do a mickey dial fisrt but then thought about it and it seemed kind of boring.

Neither me or the one I intend to give this watch to is a teenager but we're both into modern art.

frimble

Horology Curious
4/2/12
I think it's a great idea but what's the object at the bottom of the dial. All I can see is the end of dumbo's trunk...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Don't take me wrong, but i'm quite on the oposite side here. I don't endorse the use of drugs or feel related to them in any way but the image and the whole watch in fact just looks cool.

Not only this but the ideea itself, of snow white snorting some coke is let's say at least intriguing. The contrast between her cartoon life putiry and what she's doing to me it's just modern art :) And the colors go nicely with the silver dial as well imo .

Idk why you had to bring up the '(fake)' in all of this. We love fakes around here, that's what we do :) And gifting a gen rolex would be out of my reach now .

I wanted to do a mickey dial fisrt but then thought about it and it seemed kind of boring.

Neither me or the one I intend to give this watch to is a teenager but we're both into modern art.

Well i guess if you wanna say its like modern art i can see the banksy-esque hidden meaning.

if your against drugs im not so sure anyone else who seen the dial would feel that way.

Just like when i had Tony Montana as my profile picture on here i was accused of drug taking / being high and insinuated i was a drug dealer on a couple of occasions. :giggle:

And I brought up the fake thing just to emphasize, most people here try to make watches as gen as possible, but your doing the opposite, making a replica into what is just a fake. lol you dont need to tell me that people here love reps..
So you could also end up in a very awkward conversation about the dial, and then explaining that the watch is also fake.. Imagine she met someone or a boss or a relative who was intrugued by the dial. i think she would be tucking it up here sleeve dont you?

but i guess poeple shouldnt care what anyone else thinks anyway

But like i said , to each their own... the design is quirky and humorous for a few seconds, but frankly you couldnt pay me to wear it lol

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
And I brought up the fake thing just to emphasize, most people here try to make watches as gen as possible, but your doing the opposite, making a replica into what is just a fake. lol you dont need to tell me that people here love reps..
So you could also end up in a very awkward conversation about the dial, and then explaining that the watch is also fake.. Imagine she met someone or a boss or a relative who was intrugued by the dial. i think she would be tucking it up here sleeve dont you?

Now i get your point but i don't think it would be the case here.

Sent from the RWI App

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
This is sick and a pathetic subject. Why would one want to destroy a watch portraying a woman doing drugs? Its a touching subject right now for me so I won't go off on a rant but please don't bring it here.

If you want to know how to print stuff on a dual there are great companies out there that sell peal ons. You can make your own logo and writing and so on. You can find them on line, Ebay, so on.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
This is sick and a pathetic subject. Why would one want to destroy a watch portraying a woman doing drugs? Its a touching subject right now for me so I won't go off on a rant but please don't bring it here.

If you want to know how to print stuff on a dual there are great companies out there that sell peal ons. You can make your own logo and writing and so on. You can find them on line, Ebay, so on.

Sorry but i just have to dislike this. I think you're overreacting.

Sent from the RWI App

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
No need to apologize brother. I am just stating my opinion.

I just pulled by brother out of detox last week. Saw him go from being an Alcoholic and loose his family and both his stores, now is on SSD and decided to move up to heroin. Blew through about $20,000 of my moms savings account. So I think it is pathetic to show a princess doing a line of coke.

That is just one view. I can also stated that my body Sean Carrington was shot and killed when he was an undercover trying to buy coke in the Bronx. Not a day week goes by were I don't think about him. Funny. Great dad. Dead over coke.

So, yea, maybe I am over reacting.

As I stated in the first answer, if your intent is asking how to customize a dial, I answered it. If it was a joke, Drugs are not a joke. At least too me.

Reactions: ginopino

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
No need to apologize brother. I am just stating my opinion.

I just pulled by brother out of detox last week. Saw him go from being an Alcoholic and loose his family and both his stores, now is on SSD and decided to move up to heroin. Blew through about $20,000 of my moms savings account. So I think it is pathetic to show a princess doing a line of coke.

That is just one view. I can also stated that my body Sean Carrington was shot and killed when he was an undercover trying to buy coke in the Bronx. Not a day week goes by were I don't think about him. Funny. Great dad. Dead over coke.

So, yea, maybe I am over reacting.

As I stated in the first answer, if your intent is asking how to customize a dial, I answered it. If it was a joke, Drugs are not a joke. At least too me.

Really sorry to hear that and trust me i intended no harm to anybody. I just found the image to be interesting and funny, that's all.

Ulysee nardin also protrays a woman with a d1ck in her mouth on the dial so i find my dial ideea to be just as hilarious if you will .

Again, i feel really sorry for you and your brother man !

Sent from the RWI App

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Really sorry to hear that and trust me i intended no harm to anybody. I just found the image to be interesting and funny, that's all.

Ulysee nardin also protrays a woman with a d1ck in her mouth on the dial so i find my dial ideea to be just as hilarious if you will .

Again, i feel really sorry for you and your brother man !

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks. I really wish I could do something for him. I just know from being in Narcotic division and dealing with him over the last 7 years, that no one but himself and God can help him. He doesn't look like he wants too help himself at all.

I do like to modify watches though. My choice of picture would be different. But really. There are places I've seen on Ebay and the internet that make stickers that you can put on dials to customize. You send them a picture and size and they do it.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
People mentioning water slide decals. I wonder if a nail waterslide decal is something you could play with for a super budget, silly bit of fun? I'm just thinking that they're size probably is quite decent for putting on a dial (have you seen the size of those aftermarket Mickey Mouse dials everywhere .. I imagine they're that size)
I don't like the coke thing either but look on a site like etsy and you might find something.

I don't know if you're interested at all in thoughts on the six digit DJ 36mm for a girl (I'm a girl) I just wanted to mention that it's bloody heavy and quite big for a girl, (and I'm usually a fan of wearing big watches.. I wear a five digit 40mm sub, and it feels heavier and looks as big)
- but such a gorgeous idea for someone :) tbh, I'd be lying if I said I've never considered whether or not it's possible to have a different Kim kardashian cry face or different Kanye west faces of his various 'moods' to show in the date window. Each date a different picture haha. but that's me just being silly ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1519936419.5471.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1519936419.5471.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Kerushi11 i'd like to say that your ideea is briliant ! That would be by far the simplest solution if i were to apply a mickey on a rollie dial.

About the 36 dj being too heavy i don't think that's going to be a problem because i already she likes the watch. But indeed an older 16234 on a jubilee might be more wearable for a girl.

I really appreciate a girl's input on this and am happy you find my ideea to be gorgeous . Thank you !

KIM'S face on the datewheel is just the coolest thing ever !! I can do that ! You are awsome for comming up with such an original ideea, haha.

Sent from the RWI App

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
If you have an anniversary day with this girl.. Say your dating anniversary is on the 13th of January... Don't forget to use a little red fineliner felt tip pen to draw a minuscule heart over the number 13 so the date is always red each month ;) so she's reminded each month that she's had another month with you. Girls love that stuff hahah.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Also... More silly input from me that you never asked for ;) I'm sorry man, lol.
Picking a light coloured dial is a perfect decision !! But sometimes I find white dials (in my daft opinion) look cheaper than a dial that might be silver or coloured. I don't know how to describe that any better, like maybe it's because in my head White is like an unfinished plain piece of paper?! If you want your watch to her to look luxurious instantly with minimum effort lol, usually picking a colour or silver instantly makes it look more expensive and precious to me. I wonder if anyone else thinks like that. Probably just a crazy opinion. I walked past a shop selling Datejusts just earlier today actually and white looked cheaper than the others to me. Who knows why

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Kerushi they are much better ideas and much more personal than sticking a picture of cartoon character sniffing drugs

Reactions: SuperLory