• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Center DW

tokar112

Known Member
6/10/16
Russia
My date whee on JF sub 16610lv (sh3135)l is not center
Maybe some one know, how to fix it?

Last edited:

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Could be overlay mis-alignment, could be that the DW isn't seated correctly. Hold the watch in one hand and bash it into the palm of the other, not too hard. If the DW moves to sit right, then it is a mech issue, if not, it is likely an alignment issue. Both will need a modder unless you are handy at removing hands, dials and DW's.

Or you could realise that it is just a rep with a 0.002mm out of alignment DW, noticable under high magnification, at computer screen size, high resolution images, that could barely be spotted at arms length, that cost you a fraction of a gen........ You could just live with it.

tokar112

Known Member
6/10/16
Russia
Could be overlay mis-alignment, could be that the DW isn't seated correctly. Hold the watch in one hand and bash it into the palm of the other, not too hard. If the DW moves to sit right, then it is a mech issue, if not, it is likely an alignment issue. Both will need a modder unless you are handy at removing hands, dials and DW's.

Or you could realise that it is just a rep with a 0.002mm out of alignment DW, noticable under high magnification, at computer screen size, high resolution images, that could barely be spotted at arms length, that cost you a fraction of a gen........ You could just live with it.

Here is the deviation near 0.8mm.
I was going to make big modifications: gen dw, gen hands, gen insert... And this date pisses me off )))
All the same it is adjusted? Or is it a problem with the mechanism?

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
If you are considering big mods, I don't think it will be any problem. Your WM will be able to sort it when you get the work done

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Good job you're in the right place then. RWI is filled with useful information. Check out the tutorials and the breakdowns of the 3135 movement. The only thing with these is, they're pretty poorly made (tolerances and materials) and there are no spares for them..... Enjoy getting your hands dirty. It is good fun and very rewarding when you complete your first repair.

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
gen movement with gen dw are off a little bit from time to time too. its just the way it is.

if you are going to put in a gen dw, wait to see if its the same issue. could try adjusting dial a little to center it up.

Reactions: DVNE

Swerepguy

12/2/18
On my pelagos i just released the movement a bit and pushed it 1mm counter clockwise and got perfect allign.

tokar112

Known Member
6/10/16
Russia
gen movement with gen dw are off a little bit from time to time too. its just the way it is.

if you are going to put in a gen dw, wait to see if its the same issue. could try adjusting dial a little to center it up.

Gen DW already instal. its gen date wheel

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This is down to poor machining/manufacturing tolerances in the movement, wait till you put in a gen calendar wheel - it may improve it, or it make it worse . . .

Edit: just seen your post above, this happens frequently - Chinese movements are not made to the same standards as Swiss movements. You could try rotating the dial fractionally to get better alignment.

Last edited:

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
What tripdog said. If you have a gen DW and the date is not centered correctly, it's most probably due to chinese tolerances. I have a ARF DJ with gen DW; the date is centered from 10-31 but sits a tad to high from 1-9. And yes, it bothers me too, altough I know that my DJ was a fraction of the real price. Imo it's a tell.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I have a bunch of 2824 date wheels. I think Trip hit it on the head. The Asian ETA reps are getting better but still not quality like ETA themselves.

If you want to correct the problem the first thing I would do is make sure it isn't your dial then put in a real ETA 2824 they are cheap enough and will last longer.

If you need a date wheel PM me.