• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It does not seem a serious matter

membrelli

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
Not long ago, ARF attracted attention with an excellent Seadweller43 The price was high but many people bought it. Now the ARF already sells a V2 version. It's not fair, IMHO, even the car companies wait a few years before making a restyling of their models, not three months. How can I buy a REP $ 400/500/700 peacefully when maybe the next day they have an improved version?

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
You don't have to buy it mate.

Some people are just happy with V1. Factories will always try and improve for the benefit of more sales which in effect is driven by the passion and enthusiasm of this community.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nivka

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
The “Versions” of these reps is just marketing by the dealer’s.

Parts of Reps change all the time sometimes for the better sometimes not.

If you’re happy with your watch why worry.

If your not happy, sell it M2M and buy one you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Not long ago, ARF attracted attention with an excellent Seadweller43 The price was high but many people bought it. Now the ARF already sells a V2 version. It's not fair, IMHO, even the car companies wait a few years before making a restyling of their models, not three months. How can I buy a REP $ 400/500/700 peacefully when maybe the next day they have an improved version?

Thats how life works - and whoever said life was fair? No one is making you buy anything. I never bought it because the date wheel is for the birds. Its just as bad on the V2, which also has a totally pointless decorated rotor, which make the thing noisy and unbalanced, so I'm not buying that either. A v2 is by no means better than a v1 - another example is a Sub v7 and a v8 being worse than a v6s.

If it makes you feel better, its not exactly a v2 - more of a v1.0001 really.

Edit - your example of car companies is goofy - I bought a S3 years ago, 4 months waiting list. A facelifted model came out less than a month after I got it. There is always a point where one version is replaced with another.

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
I think it’s part of industrious characters. Since they have to work and hiding at the same time, also they have to sell watches. This is how they can make money so we can still enjoy our hobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asiparks1

Known Member
31/3/10
Lol.....V2 isn’t always better. V2 doesn’t make it a less fake watch. No one is making you buy anything.

Rolex made the “Rolex” and “Submariner “ text bolder on the dial and italicized the “=“ and there people on the gen forum complaining....first world problems.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
You don't have to buy it mate.

Some people are just happy with V1. Factories will always try and improve for the benefit of more sales which in effect is driven by the passion and enthusiasm of this community.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

you are seriously misinformed if you think the makers are driven by any of the rep fora. if that was the case we would have had a perfect sub years ago.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
could you imagine if this guy bought a gen rolex right before they facelifted their models? He'd burn down Rolex HQ
He should be happy because his model will now appreciate in value. But that only applies for gen haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

membrelli

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
I know that if you buy a fake you have no right to anything, as someone wrote
It's always been like that, OK But it seemed right to highlight certain excesses

aphillipe

Renowned Member
31/3/13
millenials.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

Your TD will send you the v2 free of charge! No problem. You will be called out with the v1.

Reactions: 2fake4u

Spectre007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/17
The funny thing about this is that REPs or anything else, you're going to have to deal with early adopter problems. I have a V2 ARF and could not be more happy. Maybe they'll come out with a V3 and make a slight improvement on something that the vast majority of even watch enthusiasts wouldn't pick up unless they closely analyzed a magnified pic. I think I'll live.

If you're really worried about this kind of stuff, wait until improvements are made to the point where you don't care if they improve anything else. This is by far the best out of the box rep. It's to the point where I'll only be purchasing GEN and ARF from now on (unless a new factory comes along or an old one seriously improves).

Imagine how the Deep Sea owners feel right now. Rolex straight up fixed all the flaws with that watch and didn't do anything to distinguish the predecessor. The original is literally an inferior version and the only thing it has going for it is that it's the original. That might be something to complain about, especially since Rolex does not have a history of doing that.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Imagine how the Deep Sea owners feel right now. Rolex straight up fixed all the flaws with that watch and didn't do anything to distinguish the predecessor. The original is literally an inferior version and the only thing it has going for it is that it's the original. That might be something to complain about, especially since Rolex does not have a history of doing that.

DSSD owners just got a real dick punch from Rolex - both the new ARF but especially the gen owners. After 10 years they finally fixed what everyone had said was wrong with it on day one. As soon as ARF update their one to the 2018 model, that fat boy is mine.