• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF DSSD Blue 116600 - Review/Pics

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Ok, here we go. I got my DSSD ARF and want to share it with you, i think many of you are looking at this one.
First i have to say it‘s a very very good Rep and worth the Money. If you buy it, you will like it!
There are flaws...sure. Like @Cdenim said, it‘s V1 from ARF but for this knowledge they throw a stunning piece on the Market! The Insert is like from ARF known perfect! Also the Bracelet is awesome. The Biggest issue (imo) is the Dial. Its very nice and act‘s very good, but it’s definitely too much blue and the dark part begins to late. But this issue is only in direct (sun) light noticeable. In normal Light it acts very gen like.

The Bezel is very tight with minimal play, has a nice and crisp click and lines up perfect. The clicks sound strong and clear.

First the Hands: They are very very good with a good 3D effect. Definitely better than the Noob.

URgvWTY.jpg

The Crystal isn‘t flush with the Insert. The insert is a bit sunken in the Bezel. If the insert is brought up a bit it will match 90% with the crystal i think. But its not that big like the most pics always show it.

xkzrRvJ.jpg

Ym9FPs5.jpg

Looks very good, Bracelet fits very well on the Lugs. No big gaps.

uK016XV.jpg

The clasp is very very good an well done, like the whole bracelet. The 904 has a perfect brush and feeling. BIG improvement.
way better than the Noob one.

l1FwFws.jpg

yFqO6G2.jpg

2TL7vNH.jpg

tORV65X.jpg

The SEL are very good done, like the case. Yes, the shape is not 100% correct but for me its great. Edges are a bit "round" on the Lugs.

IqJVcyZ.jpg

5QVXc75.jpg

Pciie1T.jpg

Here some side pics
HEV is great, ist a lil bit sunken in the case - this is more gen like, than Noob.

fbJuHhZ.jpg

zZ8d0mJ.jpg

5QVXc75.jpg

The Dial is really really nice...in low light it performs great.

q2SjnW3.jpg

In Sunlight ist awesome, but a bit too blue. But like many others said, it behaves a bit more gen like than the Noob Dial.

9ray9fo.jpg

OGEV Text is well done! The "blurre" is from reflections.

GiY2IeQ.jpg

LaQ0YEX.jpg

Here s some Rehaut, good one.

nviaI58.jpg

Caseback is perfect and the Color is spot on.

nzZX53C.jpg

So on the End I can say it is a really nice Rep. Well done, in many ways better than Noob. It has flaws but for the first version it is great !
I would definitely buy it again and can recommend it.
If you have questions of want some more special pics, just ask :)
cheers :)

Last edited:
Reactions: m5smg2

soni04al

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/16
Ok, here we go. I got my DSSD ARF and want to share it with you, i think many of you are looking at this one.
First i have to say it‘s a very very good Rep and worth the Money. If you buy it, you will like it!
There are flaws...sure. Like Cdenim said, it‘s V1 from ARF but for this knowledge they throw a stunning piece on the Market! The Insert is like from ARF known perfect! Also the Bracelet is awesome. The Biggest issue (imo) is the Dial. Its very nice and act‘s very good, but it’s definitely too much blue and the dark part begins to late. But this issue is only in direct (sun) light noticeable. In normal Light it acts very gen like.
First the Hands: They are very very good with a good 3D effect. Definitely better than
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

The Crystal isn‘t flush with tje Insert. The insert is a bit sunken in the Bezel. If the insert is brought up a bit it will match 90% with the crystal i think. But its not that big like the most pics always show it.

​​​​​​​Looks very good, Bracelet fits very well on the Lugs. No big gaps.

The clasp is very very good an well done, like the whole bracelet. The 904 has a perfect brush and feeling. BIG improvement.
way better than the Noob one.

The SEL are very good done, like the case. Yes, the shape is not 100% correct but for me its great. Edges are a bit "round" on the Lugs.

Here some side pics
HEV is great, ist a lil bit sunken in the case - this is more gen like, than Noob.

The Dial is really really nice...in low light it performs great.

In Sunlight ist awesome, but a bit too blue. But like many others said, it behaves a bit more gen like than the Noob Dial.

OGEV Text is well done! The "blurre" is from reflections.

Here s some Rehaut, good one.

Caseback is perfect and the Color is spot on.

So on the End I can say it is a really nice Rep. Well done, in many ways better than Noob. It has flaws but for the first version it is great !
I would definitely buy it again and can recommend it.
If you have questions of want some more special pics, just ask :)
cheers :)

Hi,

I can’t See the images???

Sent from the RWI mobile app

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
maybe it depends on the mobile app? hm

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Pics not visible.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
i see them. i try to fix it fellas, uploaded via imgur. Hold on a bit :)

tripdog soni04al edit: fixed hopefully

Last edited:

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Nice pics and review thanks. Looks great. DSSD Insert looks correct. Waited many many years for Noob but they never got insert font, depth and platinum color right. ARF nailed it. How’s the clasp center opening part feel?

Reactions: RobSe1

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
We have contact - pics are now visible.

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Looks great, thank you very much for the pics and review. Doesn't make my decision between ARF SD43 or ARF DSSD easier though :)!

wrxccq

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/17
I just can't get over the dial, it just looks wrong to me. A shame they messed that up, I'll have to wait for v2. To me, the dial is the whole point of going with the dssd in the first place.

Great review

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I just can't get over the dial, it just looks wrong to me. A shame they messed that up, I'll have to wait for v2. To me, the dial is the whole point of going with the dssd in the first place.

Great review
Yes agreed but the whole insert on the noob screws up the perfect dial.

Great review and thanks for the feedback. Surely ARF will review the dial soon and correct it as they are known for their agile development with reps.

Need some wristies....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

felocan

Known Member
26/10/16
Looks great, thank you very much for the pics and review. Doesn't make my decision between ARF SD43 or ARF DSSD easier though :)!
I have both and for me is 100% better the SD43.

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

Reactions: Alex1976

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Nice pics and review thanks. Looks great. DSSD Insert looks correct. Waited many many years for Noob but they never got insert font, depth and platinum color right. ARF nailed it. How’s the clasp center opening part feel?

The clasp acts perfect, way better than the Noob. Its very strong and there’s no rattling or play. Glidelock is also very smooth to adjust.

Reactions: m5smg2

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
ok here some fresh taken wristshots :)

Attachments

• RAhFGMB.jpg
    RAhFGMB.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo30567.jpg
    photo30567.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo30568.jpg
    photo30568.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
This is an awesome review! Thanks.

I recently lost my noob v7 on a trip and I need a replacement. Which dealers have this beaty?

Edit: Also do they make one with a black dial?

Last edited:
Reactions: RobSe1

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Thank you :)

That’s saad :(
xartan ​​​​​​​You can go with every TD they can all get this for you mate :)

Reactions: RolieBoy

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Yeah probably :).

It looks like the edges on the bracelet are rounded a bit which would be nice. Is that so? The edges and corners of the bracelet on my noob v7 were razor sharp. I haven't seen one with a black dial the places I looked. I've asked my dealer to source it and if a black dial version was made.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
In the inside its a bit sharp, but not razersharp. On the Outside the Bracelet is a bit rounded and smoother.

The Bracelet is a big improvement, especially the clasp!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I guess loosing your watch can be good for something afterall :)

Edit: I heard from my TD and they said ARF haven't made a black dial version but they that they will. No ETA though. Maybe in May they said.

Last edited:

llvicente

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
16/10/13
Ive been eyeing for this. Do u think it will be advisable for an 2xAR coat? Do u have lume shots sir? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk