• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is missing in my 116900 AirKing?

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Mine is JF Airking with Serviced JF3131, oiled, waterproofed and clean bracelet, screws etc. I found it to be Super rep and easily NWBIG as this is pretty new model and none of the crowd has ever seen in real life to even compare it mentally. But I don't see any mention of this as Super Rep? What is really msising? This is perfect daily wear(or actually weekend wear) watch for me and it oozes quality and looks great in real life. Very difficult to picture it well but here's one picture taken today morning.
So, what is missing in this from making it a super rep?

odD928s.jpg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Looks great! The board is very Sub/SD/GMT oriented and other great REPs don't get as much love. Enjoy it, I will order one myself.

financialaid2014

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/8/15
CONUS
i think the consensus is BP maker watch head (mitigates 4 and 5's that look a bit off in photos from the JF) and JF bracelet as the BP isnt quite as nice. I really wanna put this together if anyone has one for sale i am looking!

S

sogg

I have the BP version, i agree with the others that the 4 & 5 on the JF and Noob versions is an obvious flaw. I havent seen anyone mention any obvious flaws with the BP version expect that the bracelet isnt as good as the JF version

financialaid2014

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/8/15
CONUS
I have the BP version, i agree with the others that the 4 & 5 on the JF and Noob versions is an obvious flaw. I havent seen anyone mention any obvious flaws with the BP version expect that the bracelet isnt as good as the JF version

How bad is the bp bracelet. Bout to pull the trigger and may go bp depending. Any way you can post a pic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
I have plans to buy a JF and BP, swap dials, gen hands and double AR crystal.

Sell BP w JF dial. Wear JF with BP dial.

L

LaPavel

I have plans to buy a JF and BP, swap dials, gen hands and double AR crystal.

Sell BP w JF dial. Wear JF with BP dial.

BP has a much better shape of case. JF case is off.

Go with Bp head. Jf bracelet and closing mechanism JF. Bp clasp is better without edges and sharp corners.

BP dial needs relume...

The biggest problem on BP is closing mechanism. Bracelet is average

https://youtu.be/C2nbqtPX3Wk

S

sogg

BP has a much better shape of case. JF case is off.

Go with Bp head. Jf bracelet and closing mechanism JF. Bp clasp is better without edges and sharp corners.

BP dial needs relume...

The biggest problem on BP is closing mechanism. Bracelet is average

https://youtu.be/C2nbqtPX3Wk

I think you got a bad one there... My BP doesn't have that issue at all, it snap closes nicely and opens fine.

S

sogg

How bad is the bp bracelet. Bout to pull the trigger and may go bp depending. Any way you can post a pic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I cant really say how bad it is as i dont have any other reps from JF or Noob to compare it to, but from what ive read from other people comments the JF seems to be abit nicer. That being said i havent had any issues with my BP and its bracelet, it opens and closes fine for me