• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 16610ln R-Serial build

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
I have recently started my Franken 16610 R-Serial build but encountered a few issues. Let's talk specs first:

- TC v6 case and v7 extreme complete bezel assembly
- Gen Swiss - T<25 dial, matching hands and insert with a very nice and rich patina (all parts were removed from the same watch)
- Gen crystal no lec (also from the same watch)
- Gen 703 Crown and Tube
- Gen serif DW
- SH3135

Only have one picture currently and the build was more or less straight forward. However, I encounter 2 issues. First, the gend second hand does not fit the SH3135 pinion. The pinion seems a tad too small so the second hand is sitting loose (Rightnow a jf second hand is mounted which is a big no-go). Second, quickdate set does not work. I have read about similar problems people have encountered with the SH3135 movement. My best bet is probably to replace the second hand pinion and the calendar setting mechanism with original rlx parts. Or are there any other ideas/fixes?

Next step will be case engraving with R-Serial and of course the obligatory lug holes.

Comments on potential improvements / fixes are welcome
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

Cheers,
sputim

sputim

Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
6b5308226e798568fa84c488da150511.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Pinch the tube of the second hand in a pair of tweezers untill it fits the pinion. Gen date disc is thicker than the rep, which may prevent it from turning - sanding it down to reduce thickness may solve the problem.

Reactions: sputim

sputim

Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Pinch the tube of the second hand in a pair of tweezers untill it fits the pinion. Gen date disc is thicker than the rep, which may prevent it from turning - sanding it down to reduce thickness may solve the problem.

Not really a fan of messing around with the gen hands. However, I will certainly try this many thanks!

Alexsuh

19/5/17
I am building for 16610 as well with v6 case. But I want to use gen bracelet in future so I'm waiting untill jjs 16610 come out. All my project stopped now...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk